Quantcast

2009 v10 headset?

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
Hi there, I am getting a 2009 v10 frame in a few weeks and I was wondering what is the lowest cane creek headset that will fit this frame? price isnt really an issue, something around $100-$130 would be fine. I just want it to be as low as possible.

thanks

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Hi there, I am getting a 2009 v10 frame in a few weeks and I was wondering what is the lowest cane creek headset that will fit this frame? price isnt really an issue, something around $100-$130 would be fine. I just want it to be as low as possible.

thanks
You really can't figure this out on cane creek's website yourself?

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
You really can't figure this out on cane creek's website yourself?
i guess what i was asking was more of a "what is the best based off personal experience and reliability". more than what will fit and what wont. i forgot to put that in there, oh well

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I hear the Crank Brothers Opium headset is about the lowest you can get for a 1 1/8th headtube.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Its not the lowest but I have the CaneCreek 110 in mine and its as smooth as butta, a friend has the Opium in his, I think it cracked when he installed it the first time but Crank Bros sent him a new one and it went in fine, lower then the 110 by probably 5mm but its not really that noticeable. The 110 also has a 110 year warranty! You can pass it on to your grandkids.

Killerbarbies

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Slovakia
Get the Crank Bros Opium...got one fitted to my 2008 V10. If you follow the installation instructions carefully it goes in a treat. Highly recommended.

I got an aftermarket 2010 Boxxer Team with low crown which was the same set-up I had with the older Boxxer Team / FSA Pig Pro and had to get the much lower headset to allow the stanchions to protrude the recommended minimum 3mm above the top crown.

Last edited:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Its not the lowest but I have the CaneCreek 110 in mine and its as smooth as butta, a friend has the Opium in his, I think it cracked when he installed it the first time but Crank Bros sent him a new one and it went in fine, lower then the 110 by probably 5mm but its not really that noticeable. The 110 also has a 110 year warranty! You can pass it on to your grandkids.
The cup on those is part of the bearing itself, so if you install the thing crooked at all they tend to crack.