Quantcast

2009 vs 2008 M6... How to tell diff?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I jsut picked up a used M6 frame. The guy told me it was a 2009, but I was looking it over and I'm not so sure...

It does have something that looks like grease fittings, but they are not in the location that was shown on the pic on the Enduro site

Or is this an "upside-down" pic?

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
pics of yours?
where are your zirk fittings?

that pic isnt "upside down." the the swingarm is on the right

Last edited:

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
On mine, the chainstay fitting faces forwards, not down and the main triangle fitting faces up, not down.

I'll see if I can go snap a cell-phone pic.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Having trouble getting the pic up... but here is where mine is from the pic I attached above.

The black dot is the fitting on the rear and as I said, the one on the main triangle faces straight up, not down. They are also much smaller than the large hex-head bolts/fittings pictured. More like the small zerk fittings on my Banshee Spitfire.

Attachments

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I have a 2008 M6 and mine does not have any any grease fittings. If your's does, it probably is a 2009
Hmmm.... ok.

I normally would not "suspect" anything but when the frame showed up:

1- There was no rear axle included.

2- The guy said that the suspension bearings were recently replaced and that the suspension was nice and smooth. Well it is anything BUT. The rear swingarm settles into position right about where it would sag. If you move the rear down jsut a little bit it will actually move itself back UP against the force of gravity, and this is with NO SHOCK attached.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
As long as I have some folks here, what about these angular contact bearings? Are they worth it? Do I have to use them, or can I replace with normal bearings. Are they worth it?