Quantcast

2010 bam

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
With how slick and dialed most manufacturers' frames are looking these days (regardless of how they ride), this thing seems to be... lacking.

Having worked at two different shops that sell Jamis, I'm definitely not a fan of the brand.

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
oooooooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

now tell your arm to fix itself so you can build and ride it

you ever get your 40 back from fox?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Not a slam on this bike in particular, but when did straight tubes go out of style? It seems like the function of bent tubes has been replaced by bending for the hell of it.. See: Santa cruz, norco, specialized and now jamis! Magna is not far behind!

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Isn't there some structural advantage to hydroformed tubes or bend tubing?

Someone who understands this chime in please, I am curious myself.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008

Yes there is, but i can't see how it works in this case, esp with that head tube area.
The only thing Jamis have going for them is that they use the FSR, and this one doesnt even get that.

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
How about some geo numbers? Jamis site doesn't have 2010 up yet. Yes it looks a little over done, but I'd ride it if it had the geo I wanted and the price was right.

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA

I'm no expert but you can use hydroforming to make the ends of a tube bigger to allow more weld contact at the joints, that combined with extra butting can make a built in gusset. Another common use is to bend the top tube down to allow more standover, while still letting the top tube intersect the seat tube close to the top so an additional gusset isn't needed. Jamis went the opposite direction with their top tube, which is odd.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
I'm no expert but you can use hydroforming to make the ends of a tube bigger to allow more weld contact at the joints, that combined with extra butting can make a built in gusset. Another common use is to bend the top tube down to allow more standover, while still letting the top tube intersect the seat tube close to the top so an additional gusset isn't needed. Jamis went the opposite direction with their top tube, which is odd.
im 99.9% that the geo is the same as the 09