Quantcast

2010 Boxxer Convertion Race to Team

gotboost

Chimp
Mar 15, 2007
Hello, anybody convert a Race to a Team.
I only want to have the MissonControl on my Race to have HSC and LSC.
Does this work?

10 Boxxer Team/WorldCup Mission Control DH Compression Damper (high and
low speed adjuster knobs)

What is the price for this partnumber? Thanks a lot.

MattPatt

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
A, A
I'm curious, gotboost, did you go through with this conversion?

If so can you share what you learned with us? Otherwise, is anyone else out there aware of which parts are needed and roughly what the cost would be (say, for a shop to do this?)

Thanks!

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
i was wondering the same thing with the team to wc air spring conversion. Not that I really care, but I was curious.
I am also curious about this... If its anything like the 06-09 forks it should be really easy. But since I don't currently own a 2010 and have never had one apart I have no idea what is involved.

Has anyone else looked into this? If so what did you find?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I am also curious about this... If its anything like the 06-09 forks it should be really easy. But since I don't currently own a 2010 and have never had one apart I have no idea what is involved.

You'll need the honed stancion, solo air assembly, and top cap. I wanted to switch my Team to air after a season of fiddling with spring configurations, and was told its certainly do-able, but it would cost me close to the difference in price between the two forks. I work at a shop and have dealt with the same person at SRAM for years, I trust their word and didn't ask for any prices. My guess is that they adjusted the prices accordingly so people would "beat the system" though. I opted to start fresh and sell my Team, then use the money towards the WC.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004

The stanchions on the spring side look to be the same on the spare parts pdf. (for the 2010 models) Looks as if you just would need the air spring kit and top cap, so long as your spring hasn't messed up the inside of the stanchion tube too much. May be able to get away without having to buy a spring side stanchion tube.

The lowers of the Team ought to be fine. The Race is different, but AFAIK, only on the damper side - swapping to an air spring ought to still work, regardless of which coil model you have.

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/2010 RockShox SPC_Rev B (Rev B price list) .pdf

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I wonder if I bought your team... are you on BS?

I wonder if it's a "need" or a need to have the honed stanchion, much like the 09s...still, I'm more anxious to try the 10 version than have an air spring.

crohnsy

Monkey
Oct 2, 2009
T Bay
The upper tubes are the same for all three forks. There is not a specific upper tube for the world cup.

The only issue there is, is installing the team/world cup rebound damper into Race lowers.

The Race lowers have a steel insert installed to reduce the diameter of the bolt hole. I believe it can be punched out

As far as pricing goes you are best to ask your LBS what they'll charge you for the parts/labour. Although I do know that the World Cup air spring is ~150 CAD retail

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
It is possible. You need to remove a shim from the bottom of the race leg. Not hard to do.

Have seen a number of people do it now with there 2010s!
Really? You punched a pressed in insert out of magnesium casting?
How's that going?

Anyone have any more info on this? Seems super sketchy to me.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
...Not sure if I missed anything but has anyone told us if a RACE can be converted to a TEAM for a reasonable price?

... doubt it, but since I couldnt care less about running an air spring , I'd like to know how much it would be to replace the entire damper assembly or a Race and turn it into a Team

FullMonty

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
You're looking at around $500 CDN in parts when I talked to the guys at Norco. That's just for the damper bits, no drop stop.

You need to do both the compression and rebound damper because the rebound damper shaft is a lot larger on the MiCo DH, which displaces more oil, so the compression damper is tuned for that.

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
So you just need to remove the reducer spacer at the bottom of the cartridge leg and drop the Team cartridges in?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
There is no cartrage. You would need the team/WC rebound assembly, and the team/WC compression/MoCo assembly. Should be somewhere around $400 in parts.

The spring side is different as well, and the above would only upgrade the damper side.