Quantcast

2010 boxxer damper question.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Ive been hearing some people talking about different oil mixtures for the damper side of the teams rather then just using the 5wt. Anyone know any trade secrets to this they wanna let out?
List up your boxxer oil mods.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Lighter oil and hi speed mod either Avalanche, not the cartridge. He revalves and mods the current one it seperates the hi speed and low speed settings effects from one another as well as it feels like total butter and amazing on chatter...

Just a thought I didnt run a lighter oil when Craig did my original one and it was a HUGE difference especially at speed and multiple square hits..
Jerry at Hippietech can confirm and does a similair mod as well and his fork was amazing as well...

If I didnt have a Cartridge Id still be rocking the hi speed mod...

Just a thought, Vanderpool (jerry) can confirm its an amazing little upgrade he worked for rockshox for years and been tuning for years a really stand up guy too... Craig I dont need to vouge for him his reputation speeks for itself...

Just a thought, Jerry or Avalanche aren't bad $ wise for the mod and it really rides amazing.

Just my .02

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
So its 5wt in there as standard? I want heavier damping, if i stepped up to say, a 7.5 mix or 10wt, how drastic are the differences going to be?

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
I run 2.5 wt oil in mine with no drop stop and stock spring. It feels pretty good.

Bullcrew,

Did you sell your AVA compression valve?

I'd be interested if not...