Quantcast

2010 boXXer race compression damper upgrade?

dclxvi

Chimp
Dec 17, 2009
I've search but it isn't clear...

I can have a Mission Control DH compression damper for a good deal...

So, I'm wondering if it's worth replacing my current Motion Control IS in my boxxer race, since I kinda miss the high/low speed compression adjust.

Also, I noticed that the rebound damper shaft is much bigger on a Team, so it must move more oil and somewhat affect how the compression damper behave, rendering the so-call upgrade potentially useless or not so good.

Does anyone here have done it? Was it worth it? Does any fork-guru can give me advice on this?

thanks!

If you buy the motion control compression damper you will still not have the matching 2 way adjustable motion control rebound assembly. Thats why its so much wider.
Since the compression assembly is changed internally by RS for 2011 to something like what Avalanche and jerry(hippie tech) have already done i would stay ahead of the game and get the full AVY cart for your 2010 Race.

I did , it just came in so stay tuned for a full report this weekend.:rockout:

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Dunno about the compression damper. I tried just the WC rebound damper, and it moves too much oil such that the fork hydro-locks at about 6" of travel.

I'm saving for just an AVY damper and calling it a day. Will probably not need a new fork for 10 years. hahaha

Dunno about the compression damper. I tried just the WC rebound damper, and it moves too much oil such that the fork hydro-locks at about 6" of travel.

I'm saving for just an AVY damper and calling it a day. Will probably not need a new fork for 10 years. hahaha

Thats funny man.
Yeah the Race actually calls for more oil than the Team/WC damper so i could see how you wouldn't get full travel .
My Race has the WC air cart and the AVY comp/rebound cart so its hopefully gonna be tits over the long haul.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Yeah right now I've just got the air spring. Tried pulling apart the comp cart and gutting the blackbox but couldn't get it out. Then tried putting in the rebound damper to no avail. Hence the Avy cart coming soon. Virtually same price as WC damper and much better valving and tunability.

dclxvi

Chimp
Dec 17, 2009

Do you still have the rebound damper?