Quantcast

2010 boxxer team question

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
I took apart my fork to diagonse an issue im having with not getting full travel on my 2010 Team. Once back together my Low Speed compression dial wont turn. I know its just a matter of something I messed up, but I cant figure it out.
Any ideas?

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Ok so im pretty stumped about this issue. Im getting nowhere near full travel on this fork.
Ive removed the red bumper from the spring completely just to make sure that wasnt the issue. I then removed the entire coil and compressed the fork, im only getting about 60% of my travel.
What could the issue be?

demo9pro

Chimp
Oct 21, 2007
NNJ
sounds like it may be a bad damper to me, or is it possible that the compression knob is locked in the highest setting---just a guess?

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
I took apart the fork completely again and put it back to together with the proper oil measurements and it seems to be working alot better. I think the oil level in my MSC side was reallly low, I dont know why that would cause me to not get full travel but its not topping out as hard.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
I was wondering if anyone has a link or pics of a close up view of the MSC cartridge in this fork. I just wanna compare it to mine.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
haha I love that guy, but at the same time I wish my fork would just use all its travel.
I know all my oil levels are correct and nothing seems visibly damaged. I noticed that theres some moveable C clips on the MSC and im just hoping they are all in the correct space.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
haha I love that guy, but at the same time I wish my fork would just use all its travel.
I know all my oil levels are correct and nothing seems visibly damaged. I noticed that theres some moveable C clips on the MSC and im just hoping they are all in the correct space.
For some reason I thought there was a bottom out in there that was keeping those from using all the travel.. Theres not much to them, if you push the spring side down does it use all its travel???
Then go to the other and push it down....

That will tell you where the hang up is, or should.... Then go from there I know the internals pretty damn well from doing my boxxers with craig.... Give it a shot and let us know...

And if all else fails remember if the most intresting man in the world punches you, resist the urge to thank him....:thumb:

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
I know its on the damper side, Ive tried compressing the fork without any spring in it and I still get the same result.
Is it possible their is air getting trapped in the lowers, I doubt it, and I know thats usually only an issue with the WC air.
Also on the actual damper do the C clips have to be in a certain location in regards to those ball bearings that move when you turn the low speed and high speed?

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
Its weird because the fork doesnt feel like its bottoming out hard, maybye im just not slamming it hard enough to use full travel and im being retarded.

nowlan

Monkey
Jul 30, 2008
So today I replaced the O rings on the seal head for the damper shaft. Oil from the Damper is leaking into my lowers causing the dead travel. In other words the oil is creating a dead zone which will eventually blow out my seals on a hard hit.
I replaced the O rings and cycled the damper shaft and watched fluid still pour out.
As a temp fix Ive added a few random o rings because there seemed to be some play between the C clip on the bottom and the seal head.
Is it possible that the teflon coating on the inner could be bad causing this? Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.