Quantcast

2010 Boxxer

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Hey guys... right now i have a 2008 Boxxer Team, and am in the market to getting another fork... i was thinking about new boxxer, but the price is a bit high... i knwo the Boxxer Race is 700+...

is the 2010 Booxer Race the Equivalent of a 2008 Boxxer Team?

thanks!

CountryBoy

Monkey
Nov 10, 2008
Reno, NV
No its the equivalent of a 2008 boxxer race in the new 35mm chassis. I think they put the new lager pistion in the damper , but other than that I'm pretty sure it almost the same.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Another option, keep your 08 Boxxer and wait for the new PUSH kit. You get a custom damper and you don't have to worry about any first production run issues. You will most likely save a little money in the process too.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Another option, keep your 08 Boxxer and wait for the new PUSH kit. You get a custom damper and you don't have to worry about any first production run issues. You will most likely save a little money in the process too.
Don't hold your breath...

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Really? I just spoke to them late last week and they were machining a new part for the compression assembly. However, they wouldn't give me an ETA other than saying it would be soon. Heard that before.....so probably not best to hold your breath.
Definitely don't hold your breath on that one. Just like the E13 pedals. :) Thankfully both companies are the type that went the product finally comes out, it will be the bees knees.

I'm excited for both products.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Really? I just spoke to them late last week and they were machining a new part for the compression assembly. However, they wouldn't give me an ETA other than saying it would be soon. Heard that before.....so probably not best to hold your breath.

Yeah, Push has a bit of a track record releasing pictures of new products and not delivering on them. Unless the boxxer system comes out really soon they are going to miss the boat entirely when tons of people uprgrade to new boxxers in 2010. would have been awesome for them if they could have made it happen a year sooner when there was a way bigger demand.

remember this from Feb '08:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Yeah, Push has a bit of a track record releasing pictures of new products and not delivering on them. Unless the boxxer system comes out really soon they are going to miss the boat entirely when tons of people uprgrade to new boxxers in 2010. would have been awesome for them if they could have made it happen a year sooner when there was a way bigger demand.
Exactly!

I am getting my paws on a 2010 Boxxer team as soon as QBP or BTI has them again. If Push said they were now servicing the Boxxer today I would still hold out for the 2010, a month ago my Boxxer would be in a box heading for Colorado :plthumbsdown:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey guys... right now i have a 2008 Boxxer Team, and am in the market to getting another fork... i was thinking about new boxxer, but the price is a bit high... i knwo the Boxxer Race is 700+...

is the 2010 Booxer Race the Equivalent of a 2008 Boxxer Team?

thanks!
Save up some money and get the team and don't tell me the 2008 Team is slowing you down your freeride efforts.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .

remember this from Feb '08:
Ha-ha, yeah, I remember seeing this....barely. Very fair point. However, they haven't wasted any time getting the Factory MX Tuning out.

Anyway, it could be a long wait for the PUSH Boxxer kit, but given the current issues the 2010 forks are having it may be worth waiting a little while whether you are dead set on a PUSH kit or a stock 2010 Boxxer. Just a thought.

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity
but given the current issues the 2010 forks are having it may be worth waiting a little while whether you are dead set on a PUSH kit or a stock 2010 Boxxer. Just a thought.
not every 2010 boxxer is having trouble only a few...i have had my world cup for a month already and it feels great...

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Yeah, Push has a bit of a track record releasing pictures of new products and not delivering on them.
Am I the only one that thinks it's a little strange though? I mean they spend a lot of time developing all these new products, surely it'd benefit them to make a few sales to justify it.

All I can think of is that there're some small bugs in each product that prevent them from being released, I can't imagine production is the issue with most of the parts being made in-house.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Anyway, it could be a long wait for the PUSH Boxxer kit, but given the current issues the 2010 forks are having it may be worth waiting a little while whether you are dead set on a PUSH kit or a stock 2010 Boxxer. Just a thought.
What current issues?

APIOQM

Chimp
Aug 31, 2008
No its the equivalent of a 2008 boxxer race in the new 35mm chassis. I think they put the new lager pistion in the damper , but other than that I'm pretty sure it almost the same.
I know you can get 2009 Team's for slightly less then 2010 Race's...

What exactly are the differences, and which forks would you rather have?

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Last edited:

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I've read the threads. However, aside from stiction-related symptoms, I don't see any real "issues" yet. I've spent alittle time on my 2010 Team, and noticed an abnormal ammount of stiction that got worse over the first several days of hard riding. However, simply removing the lowers, packing the seals, and refilling the lower oil solved that, as discussed in the other threads. I guess that I constitute issues as leaking Motion control assemblys or cracked stancions at the circlip, but writing off an entire first year run of forks because people are too lazy to add lubrication is silly. People can complain all they want that it should be different, but its not, so they should probably spend their money on the other $1100 forks with the same range of adjustment with comparable weight and rigidity. The rest of us can spend 20 minutes, solve the problem, and enjoy a damn nice riding piece of suspension.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I've read the threads. However, aside from stiction-related symptoms, I don't see any real "issues" yet. I've spent alittle time on my 2010 Team, and noticed an abnormal ammount of stiction that got worse over the first several days of hard riding. However, simply removing the lowers, packing the seals, and refilling the lower oil solved that, as discussed in the other threads. I guess that I constitute issues as leaking Motion control assemblys or cracked stancions at the circlip, but writing off an entire first year run of forks because people are too lazy to add lubrication is silly. People can complain all they want that it should be different, but its not, so they should probably spend their money on the other $1100 forks with the same range of adjustment with comparable weight and rigidity. The rest of us can spend 20 minutes, solve the problem, and enjoy a damn nice riding piece of suspension.
Fair enough. Issue....inconvenience........routine maint........you say potato......

don't get me wrong, i am not knocking the forks, i want one as bad as the next guy. it just seems this type of thing shouldn't need to be done after the first ride. my current boxxer is working great so i am opting to wait a little longer in spite of the strong desire to get a new one.

back to the main subject, there is a difference between the models in question. like i said earlier, i would rather have the 08 Team than a 2010 Race. save your money and get the 2010 Team when finances allow it if you are set on a new Boxxer. JMO.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
My post wasn't directed towards you, sorry if it read that way.

I agree it's an inconvienence to pull off your lowers after the first ride. However if its that difficult of a task then you're either lazy, or must routinely find yourself mistakingly putting your pants on backwards. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is an acceptable level of QC, but given the complete redesign of this product, a lack of lubrication in the lowers as the only noted problem is pretty impressive. On that note, I think its absurd that the word recall is even being thrown around though; an inch can really turn into a mile if placed in the hands of this forum, its a good thing politics aren't discussed. I mean lets face it, these people can visit their LBS and have them call SRAM all day long, but as someone who makes that phonecall for them, I can already give you the answer; "Remove the lowers, clean them, lube them, and refill the oil levels to spec." Call, complain, wait an entire year for a few mm's of oil - it's worth the wait. :crazy:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
My post wasn't directed towards you, sorry if it read that way.

I agree it's an inconvienence to pull off your lowers after the first ride. However if its that difficult of a task then you're either lazy, or must routinely find yourself mistakingly putting your pants on backwards. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is an acceptable level of QC, but given the complete redesign of this product, a lack of lubrication in the lowers as the only noted problem is pretty impressive. On that note, I think its absurd that the word recall is even being thrown around though; an inch can really turn into a mile if placed in the hands of this forum, its a good thing politics aren't discussed. I mean lets face it, these people can visit their LBS and have them call SRAM all day long, but as someone who makes that phonecall for them, I can already give you the answer; "Remove the lowers, clean them, lube them, and refill the oil levels to spec." Call, complain, wait an entire year for a few mm's of oil - it's worth the wait. :crazy:
No worries, I wasn't taking it personally and I think you make some good points. This is really for the originator of this thread or anyone considering buying a new Boxxer for that matter. Just food for thought so you know what you are getting into. After reading all of the pros and cons you should be pretty well educated and have your expectations fairly well managed by now. No one should be too disappointed with what they get now that they know what to expect.