Quantcast

2010 Dorado Pro Press Release!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
well my 2009 dorado was still in "prototype" stages you could say so i was getting new stuff in that thing here and there. The last time my 2009 carbon was "in for service" which was to get the "new at the time" air valve and that was in July right before National Champs. since than it has not been serviced. i MIGHT send it in when i get home from Cali which will be early May, to get the NEW updated 2010 air system installed. Ive only had 1 strong month on the 2010 Alum dorado, which has been riden about 5 days a week and raced 2 times already. still like brand new, no need for service.

and as for the 36mm legs to reduce flex?? im not sure, never in my life have i ridden the old dorado, that was before my time.
Just to clarify, yuroshek has some serious time on the dorado, he is ALWAYS riding it.

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands
I have had the old 2002/2002 dorado, and have been on the 2009 Dorado since last summer. It is def less flexy then the old one, but not as stiff as say a 40, I however like the feel of it(I am only 154lbs so not a heavy dude)

I can't be more happy with my fork. Yes it is a bit annoying you need to "bleed the system" when it has been upside down, but that consists of turning the rebound fully in, and compress the fork about 20 times, which is no biggy.

It is a big/Major improvement over my Travis Triple ti fork(With Motopitkan Tuning, which was an improvement over the standard Travis already), and riding them both back to back in the Alps, the 2009 Dorado is in a league of it's own against the Travis. If def made me faster

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I think it will be a fantasic fork. I have always liked inverted fork. I was a big Avy rider but will be on a 29er this year. Manitou was the first one to step up with a 29er DH fork so I thought I would give it a try.
Hope to have the bike built up for May 1.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
We have a winner.
You are 1 smart guy.

quitting is hard wen its a daily thing,it becomes a need with time,but you might know that ;) who knows.And yes boom **** up here you know it ;)

Back onto topic.I would very much like to try one,before I could really give my 2 cents.

I would also like to state,people who flamed me owned only 2 xc manitou products ?? thanks,but no thanks.
that's funny, you already gave your 2 cents by assuming everything about the fork!

btw- I had an old dorado and it was smooth as butter, many commented on it as well. I also have had a million other Manitou forks that faired well. Rode a Travis after the Dorado which was a great fork as well, blew a damper once but replaced it and it was all set for another year.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
This thread needs a Kidwoo/Jeremy R tag team choke slam on p-spec. Don't we have a "woo-lamp" to light in time of need? :think:

I mean...he makes demo9 smart.

Last edited:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I was on the same team with Dennis in 09' and all 8 of us were happy with our forks.
We are now on different teams but, as the Shekster stated-
"We knew what fork we wanted for 2010!" I have about 3-5 rides on the new Alum.
version and I actually think it is a little stiffer than carbon. I am 165 and don't notice
flex while riding the fork tracks like a superstar - so that's all I think about.
You can pinch the front wheel between your knees and get flex, it has no brake arch. Moto forks also do this as well but, I think the inverted design allows the fork to stay more rigid in motion. Although I have heard larger riders to say they noticed some flex on the trail but, were not sure it affected the ride quality or if it held them back in any way.
It has the best damping system I have ridden. It is plush and sooooooo adjustable! I have ridden Fox 40's and Travis forks in the past and think the Dorado def. outperforms both.
I can't give you a true comparison with the Boxxer as I have not owned one.
I have ridden them briefly, and although lighter- they didn't feel as plush and as stable.
I am sponsored but, honest!

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Basically. If we were in oakland, you'd be Epic Shock Man, and the internet would bow to your beard made of shock springs and damper curves.

Pscrub would be leakin' shock oil in the back of the bus.

Thanks internet.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
This thread needs a Kidwoo/Jeremy R tag team choke slam on p-spec. Don't we have a "woo-lamp" to light in time of need? :think:

I mean...he makes demo9 smart.
I stoped watching wrestling because it was fake just like yourself.

Enyone else actually have seat time with the alu version.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I stoped watching wrestling because it was fake just like yourself.

Enyone else actually have seat time with the alu version.
Third grade called. They want their dialogue back. I try to love everybody that rides MTB, but right about now I'm thinking someone needs to pummel you baby boy.

Mods, can I get permission to impose physical harm on this twerp yet?:rolleyes:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Gotta Love how some duche always turns what may be an informative topic for most of us into - let's make this idiot realize that he's an idiot by showing
him that arguments are won by presenting facts to back up your rant.

I know from my fighting days- beating the crap out of someone like this dude
will never bring any clarity to the mirror that he looks at himself in.
Some people could spit in your face and you could beat the ever living hell out of them....
They'd just get up and say "what'd you do that for"?

Last edited:

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
honestly im not sure, but most likely. Give them a call and see whats up! I know the Dorados are selling like hot cakes!

1.888.686.3472 ex 4207 talk to Jon Wells.
should have gave them Claytons number so they have to stay up late to call :rofl:

bikesair

Chimp
Jun 30, 2009
San Luis Obispo CA
I remember reading a pretty thorough article on fork stiffness that cited inverted forks suffer much more than 'regular' dual crown style. If I am not mistaken it was the torsional stiffness that really got hit.

I can't seem to find the article, I am pretty sure it was on MTBR.

Anyway, is this something that is at all a concern? I really don't have a very good line up of forks under my belt, especially dual crown. I've ridden super-t's and currently am riding a 2009 888 RC3 ATA. I love my 888, point and roll...no deflection detected at all.

I am sure the Dorado is worlds ahead of my 888 but can anyone confirm stiffness compared to the bomber?

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I just got to take a look at one this afternoon. Here's my indepth review:

1. BLING-BLONG!! This fork looks super hawt. If it's good, I'll run it maybe...only if it comes in pink, +160 points
2. Sticky out of the box. Lot more stichtion than any other fork I've felt out of the box, and this as we all know, is the ultimate test, -10 points
3. Lower Compression knob wouldn't turn freely, -13 points
4. Packaging and included materials were very nice, well, actually the case is cheesy cheap plastic. +20 points

Overall I give it a 157 points.