Quantcast

2010 Giant glory cable routing

xemini

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
just wondering peoples opinions on a good cable routing. I don't think going under the downtube is going to work well for me as our shuttles for races and rides are on trucks, which would have the cable resting on it. I'm thinking going on top of the downtube then down between the link.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I am going to move cables on my Glory to the top side of DT, as well.
I am just waiting till my buddy makes me two, nice, aluminum cables holders/guides.
I will show it, when it's done. Hopefully, this week.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
This is how it looks, so far. Got to find perfect spot to place cable guides and make its bottom surface a bit better.

Last edited:

cmoney

Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
I went completely under the link with my brake hose and just left the shifter housing under the downtube,I have not had any problems with the shifter housing getting crushed but I did crush and brake hose before I decided to go along the top side of the downtube.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
It seems it's gonna stay this way, for now. I liked both cables on the one side, but they are tearing the holder off.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
It seems it's gonna stay this way, for now. I liked both cables on the one side, but they are tearing the holder off.
I'm all about clean cable routing, yours looks great. It's a shame you couldn't figure out a way to run them both to one side as it just looks that little bit cleaner.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I would have to use some super strong double side adhesive tape, I haven't found on local market, yet or glue holders to the frame. 2nd option means stripping a bit of clear coating to the bear aluminum... I guess :|