Quantcast

2010 Glory vs 2010 303R

Dawson308

Chimp
May 14, 2008
Roseville, CA
I know there have been a lot of threads like this around here lately but I need some input from some people with experience on these two bikes. I just started riding DH two years ago and I am coming off a turd of a Kona Coiler. I would consider myself an intermediate rider, I like to push myself and I tend to crash a lot and I am hard on my bikes. My last bike had a ton of dents in it. I am still learning a lot. I don't race, I just ride for fun with some friends.
I got a chance to demo a 2010 Glory on the mountain last summer and I was blown away with the performance and light weight. I was impressed with how well it jumped and pedaled. It felt like it accelerated soooo fast.
I have a 2010 Glory 0 on order at my bike shop and they say it will be here in late April but I fear it might be pushed back to sometime in May. I am a little frustrated with Giant and how they seem to be pushing back individual orders and doing some screwy stuff hooking certain shops up with bikes when others have been waiting longer for their orders. If I wait for it I might miss out in a month or two of riding this spring since I don't have a bike right now. I am also a little concerned with how this frame will hold up to my abuse as light as it is.
My bike shop can also hook me up with a great deal on a 2010 Yeti 303R-DH with nearly identical component spec as the Glory 0: Fox 40, RC4, Full Saint. It would be a killer deal, almost the same price as the Glory 0. I could have one of these within 3 weeks probably and would get more riding in this spring. I have been doing a lot of research on the 303R and it is peaking my interest. The frame is a tad heavier and I was thinking it will perhaps take a beating a little better? The geo seems to be very close to the Glory, but the adjustable geo and slacker head angle could be a plus. I will not be able to demo one of these.
I read ekripper's comparison of the two which was great, but I am looking for more opinions from people who have ridden both and have ridden the 303R with the RC4. I know they are both good bikes and I will probably be happy with either, but it is such a huge purchase for me and I want to be %100 sure. Input is appreciated.

Last edited:

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
my vote would be glory, but you might have to wait awhile for it. but the season isnt really going to be here for awhile so you might have time.

why?..... love the way maestro rides, nice frame, less maintenance than a rail system, and its just a all around very nice riding bike. not too long, not too heavy, poppy, just very good vibes from the first time you get on.

and this is all heresay, but i have heard that yeti dh bikes take awhile to get used to when you get on one for the first time. once you are used to how they handle, life is great but until then it can be really frustrating.

just my 2 cents. :thumb: