Quantcast

2010 glory

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Natedog, can you weigh frame with headset, axle, dropout and shock before You build the bike?

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
Hey guys, sorry I am a little behind on the DT measurement. I will get to it this weekend for sure. I have been a bit scattered this week. As far as the weight goes, I have it I'll just make sure it's okay for me to post that information...

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
nate, can you take a picture of the bike with your shirt on wearing flip flops and a pair of Calvin Kein knit boxers...oh, and one with your shirt off too. :yes:
Such pics You can send directly to bizutch if he/she wants :pleasantry:

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
Downtube measurement (from center of BB to center of the 1.5" lower cup) is 26". Keep in mind that is for a medium frame. I should have a build late this coming week, pending parts arrive (fingers crossed). So Keep your eyes peeled for another update.

Thanks!

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
I got the okay to post frame weights....so here it is.

Med Frame (w/axle, seat collar, headset cups (no bearings), and DHX RC4 w/ steel spring) - 9.125lbs or 4139 grams

Hope that helps

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
What is the BB height given these tires and fork setup?

Thanks.[/QUOT

I actually didn't measure that. I just wanted to get the HA measurement to clear some of the air about how this bike was going to be the biggest let down.

Another note, the HA didn't change from the previous model year bikes. So if you liked that HA, this bike will be the same but on Jared's Subway diet.
wait, i dont mean to nit pick, but yes the angles are the same as the previous glory but the old one had .8 of an inch more travel=more sag=slacker lower.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
here's some teaser photos of the frame for you guys to do what you will with...
Oh man! This is awsome! :) And the weight! The frame w/o axle and headset cups is 4000g? My S size should be even lighter :weee:

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
Seriously. I am actually holding my breath to see your build Nate.
As a geo hater, i am looking for 64 deg. Love the bike - and seeing a pic of the Glory 1 elsewhere actually puts it at the top of my list.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Oh man! This is awsome! :) And the weight! The frame w/o axle and headset cups is 4000g? My S size should be even lighter :weee:
That freaks me out. The frame will be so fragile it will desintegrate before the french gipsies can take it from you ;)

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
It's waaaay more durable than the sessions I've seen.The Tubes aren't so thin and they kept the weight down, and below the Trek I believe?..I don't know how they did it, but this bike is Sick!!!

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
That freaks me out. The frame will be so fragile it will desintegrate before the french gipsies can take it from you ;)
Very funny :rant: :P
I will keep it in my bed, next time :rofl:

Natedog, did You weigh the axle? How it's done? I mean, do You still need two flat wrenches to tighten it?

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
I just measured a stock new Glory 0 (med size). The head angle with michelin comp 32 front tire, and a comp 24 2.5 rear tire is 64 degrees (the fork being set up with 8.3" from seal to bottom of lower clamp).
The internet is calling. Do you have an answer?

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
Very funny :rant: :P
I will keep it in my bed, next time :rofl:

Natedog, did You weigh the axle? How it's done? I mean, do You still need two flat wrenches to tighten it?
I just weighed the new axle vs. the old axle.

The new axle is 100 grams lighter than the old. You save a 1/4 pound in the bike weight (and unsprung weight to boot!) just in the axle.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
I heard it was 1600 USD ! :) Lucky You, Yankes ;)

Nate, stop teasing us... show the complete bike ;)

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
$1600. It's true. Same goes for the Faith.

It is $150 more than the new Reign X ($1450) which looks sooo similar, with the tubing, etc. I got my bill for my 2010 Reign X, the price is correct. Oh- and it was 6.75 lbs!!!!!!!whoa! 32lb all coil no carbon 170 front and rear super play bike! 66/13.75 btw...

You can spend $2900 for a full carbon 5" Trance Advanced frame though.

The bikes are light/thin, but the tubing profiles with the hard angles on them making them squarish seems to give the tubes a less "tinny" feel/sound. It should help a bunch with denting too.

Last edited:

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
How??? That is cheaper than the corsair FR rig. That is half the price than any comparable frameset. Crazy.

If that is the case then I just found my wife's new DH frame!!!

The dealer books with pricing hit the shops about 2 weeks ago, and from what the book says, $1600.00 is retail!!! I thought the same thing when I saw the book, that is down $600 from last year. I still think it is a typo and that is why I never posted anything... but get your orders in now.

Last edited:

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
yes you can press a standard 1.5 cup into the frame. No special cups required...from my initial knowledge. I will do some more research for you though.Rumour has it that King is making a 1.5 zero stack cup setup for these bikes as well....
No you can't! It comes with this headset though..Well at least i think it does. My Reign X (Pictured) came with an all internal, Zerostack/Zerostack 1.5 tapered headset and i used this FSA Orbit Extreme Pro 1.5R lower race to use my 1 1/8 fork. I assume the Glory will come with this headset but will include the 1 1/8 lower race. King is indeed making one too. The FSA headset that comes with it is top of the line with angular contact sealed bearings and grey ano.

More pics of my Reign X here
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?p=6052946&posted=1#post6052946

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
yes you can press a standard 1.5 cup into the frame. No special cups required...from my initial knowledge. I will do some more research for you though.Rumour has it that King is making a 1.5 zero stack cup setup for these bikes as well....
on that bike I would rather have some lower stack to slacken the head angle a bit.

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
I just checked with some sales people...$1600 is correect. With a DHX RC4...thats a good deal!
Did they happen to mention when it was coming out?!

Last time I talked to Giant, I was told that they are making a very limited number of Glory 00s at first and wont be out until Oct and that the Glory 01 won't be out until Nov. Limited like 10-30. Im pretty pissed because I already sold my bike and am now without a DH bike. They also said that they will not be offering the Glory at an EP price for a while.:twitch: Needless to say, I will turning to our other carrier "The Big S" for my new DH rig.....fycking giant....