Quantcast

2010 glory

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
i think a 1600$ frame with such advanced tubing technology ,a well sorted suspension ,lowest weight ever (for a dh frame) and a top of the line shock is nothing short of a revolution in the dh industry (i hope its really ture) !
im glad one of the big players finally did it and cant wait to see the reaction of the competition ! no company could ever justify charging 2800$ +/- on a frame (revolt,951,v10,session ...) when such an advanced frame is so cheap and comes with a 5 year warrenty (if im not mistaking).

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
i think a 1600$ frame with such advanced tubing technology ,a well sorted suspension ,lowest weight ever (for a dh frame) and a top of the line shock is nothing short of a revolution in the dh industry (i hope its really ture) !
im glad one of the big players finally did it and cant wait to see the reaction of the competition ! no company could ever justify charging 2800$ +/- on a frame (revolt,951,v10,session ...) when such an advanced frame is so cheap and comes with a 5 year warrenty (if im not mistaking).
I agree it must change the competitive landscape. The new Demo is similar priced.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
agreed. a very welcome respite. downhill rig prices were getting out of control!!! prices were going over 10k!! i remember when top-of-the-line rigs maybe broke 3 or 4k. i am so glad at least one reputable company is making a stand in the other direction.

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
Here are the pics of the rough build. Thingss will change a bit in the next few days before Mammoth, but here she is now:

As she sits here(without pedals or grips) it's 37lbs on the nose. BB height is 14.1 and headangle is 65. I'll get it more dialed this weekend and let you guys know how she goes. But expect a full writeup with racebuild wed/thursday.

Enjoy

AEvans

Chimp
May 22, 2009
You've probably mentioned - but that is the medium frame?

What do you think it would be like with a shock that is -5mm on the eye to eye?

Is it also possible to invert the shock? IE attach the piggy back to the main frame rather than the link? Or is there not enough clearance?

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Here are the pics of the rough build. Thingss will change a bit in the next few days before Mammoth, but here she is now:

As she sits here(without pedals or grips) it's 37lbs on the nose. BB height is 14.1 and headangle is 65. I'll get it more dialed this weekend and let you guys know how she goes. But expect a full writeup with racebuild wed/thursday.

Enjoy
Nice build, Nate :)
I can see, You used Connect SL carbon seat post ;) I found it on Defy 2 and decided to order one :)
Are these Giant custom Elixirs? or just 2010 model?
Is BB a bit higher that You expected? or it's just me?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I havent finished reading the thread yet, but I just have a responce to the HTA issues everyone is talking about in here.......

Its a mass production bike, intended tobe sold to Massive amounts of people. you see alot of bikes that are at 65 degrees. Its intended to cover a wide range of riders, and alot of people out there still thnk 65 is a bit slack for the terrain they ride. Remember there are ALOT more riders across America riding than there are racing to the limits every day.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Nate, what weight spring do they ship stock with the RC4 on the medium? Also, what is the stroke/eye-to-eye? Lastly, are the graphics painted/anodized on, or are they removable decals? Thanks!

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
I agree it must change the competitive landscape. The new Demo is similar priced.
That would be because the Demo isnt really are NEW bike.They've only been tweaking the same platform with 1 or 2 major facelift over the last 5 years.

The 2010 Demo isnt a whole lot different to this years compare to the Glory and it weight considerably more.If the price of the new Glory frame really is 1600$ Giant may be the biggest contender for 2010, and 2011 and many more years to come...Sick!!!

Pelle

Chimp
Nov 21, 2008

Enjoy
Nice! 37-38lbs without trying(too hard) is not bad!
Just the frame looks about 10lbs lighter then the old one.

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Nate, what weight spring do they ship stock with the RC4 on the medium? Also, what is the stroke/eye-to-eye? Lastly, are the graphics painted/anodized on, or are they removable decals? Thanks!
As far as I remember, it's 500lbs. The shock is 8,75x2,75". I think there are decals under the clearcoat.

Shepherdwong

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Hi does anyone have a spec list for the Giant Glory 1?
It was briefly on the AJ site but that link has been disconnected.
Thanks,
Shepherd.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Thanks,
Shepherd.

SIZE XS,S,M,L
COLOR Blue Anodized
FRAME ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum, 8.0" Maestro Suspension
FORK Marzocchi 66 RC3, onePointfive steerer tube, 180mm travel w/ 20mm Thru Axle
SHOCK Marzocchi Roco R, Coil
HANDLEBAR Race Face Evolve DH mid riser, 31.8
STEM Race Face Diabolus D2
SEATPOST Race Face Evolve DH 350x30.9 mm
SADDLE
Giant FRO

PEDALS Alloy Platform
SHIFTERS SRAM X5, trigger
FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Saint w / Race Face Atlas Shiftguide
REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM X5
BRAKES Hayes Stroker Ryde, Custom for Giant 203F/203R
LEVERS Hayes
CASSETTE Shimano HG50 11/34, 9-speed
CHAIN Shimano HG-73
CRANKS Race Face Ride DH, 24/36/RG
BB Race Face X Type, external
RIMS WTB Speed Disc DH
HUBS Formula DH Thru axle
SPOKES Stainless, 14/15g
TIRES WTB Dissent/Prowler MX, 26x2.5 DH

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
SIZE XS,S,M,L
COLOR Blue Anodized
FRAME ALUXX SL-Grade Aluminum, 8.0" Maestro Suspension
FORK Marzocchi 66 RC3, onePointfive steerer tube, 180mm travel w/ 20mm Thru Axle
SHOCK Marzocchi Roco R, Coil
HANDLEBAR Race Face Evolve DH mid riser, 31.8
STEM Race Face Diabolus D2
SEATPOST Race Face Evolve DH 350x30.9 mm
SADDLE
Giant FRO

PEDALS Alloy Platform
SHIFTERS SRAM X5, trigger
FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Saint w / Race Face Atlas Shiftguide
REAR DERAILLEUR SRAM X5
BRAKES Hayes Stroker Ryde, Custom for Giant 203F/203R
LEVERS Hayes
CASSETTE Shimano HG50 11/34, 9-speed
CHAIN Shimano HG-73
CRANKS Race Face Ride DH, 24/36/RG
BB Race Face X Type, external
RIMS WTB Speed Disc DH
HUBS Formula DH Thru axle
SPOKES Stainless, 14/15g
TIRES WTB Dissent/Prowler MX, 26x2.5 DH

I think he meant the 2010 Glory 01....

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Thanks,
Shepherd.
Spec. on the Glory 1 looks really good. I actually prefer most of the parts over the Saint...

Edit: that pic is crap. You can check out most of the 2010 models on this list with the Glory 1 being listed at the bottom.

Attachments

Last edited:

Foxbat

Chimp
Aug 14, 2008
Portland OR

Enjoy
Nate,

So what did you do for a rear axle? Does Giant have a threaded axle for the Glory that screws into the right hand dropout like on the new Faith? I have a frame on order and I'm trying to figure out the cleanest option.

AEvans

Chimp
May 22, 2009
You've probably mentioned - but that is the medium frame?

What do you think it would be like with a shock that is -5mm on the eye to eye?

Is it also possible to invert the shock? IE attach the piggy back to the main frame rather than the link? Or is there not enough clearance?
No one got a reply to this?

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
I noticed in the latest dirttv vid from the worlds that apparently Rando did not get the interweb RM memo regarding the glory's head angle not being slack enough...he was peeling anyway....

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
What's the point of almost flat bars if you put over an inch of spacers below your stem?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Would you like to hate on someone's personal preferences on their bike setup again for no reason or just let it go???

It's also a demo bike so if someone wants the bars down to the crown then they put the spacers above the stem, if they want them taller then they stay like it is.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I'm just curious. Seems sorta odd to elect NOT to use an integrated stem. The only time I ever see guys doing that is to run a standard riser stem upside down to a hyper low bar height. Pretty crazy amount of front end control though with a 70mm stem upside down on a super slack bike.