Quantcast

2010 Glory ???

Tdubb

Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
I'm thinking about getting a new glory frame only. Would like some input from those of you how have any time one one. Couple things I'm wondering is how well do they track and do they jump very well? Any info would be helpful.

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
They are lighter and more of a pure race bike then the last generation. Good luck getting one. Last I heard they were back ordered to June.

BrianMac

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Initial impressions from my first ride on the weekend were very positive. I am coming off of a 2008 Glory and for the most part just swapped parts over except for a new MRP g2that came off another Glory and a new wider sunn line bar.

I've only begun dialing it in. It was a build day for a new downhill course which meant more digging than riding. That said the course had a pretty good cross-section of terrain, g-outs, drops, steep flat corners, rocks and jumps.

The weight difference is huge. I noticed it immediately with acceleration, the feel off of jumps, even the ability to man-handle it through the steep terrain. A lot of the trail was off camber and for me, it seemed that I could adjust more readily to changes. The travel characteristics, hmm, really it was hard for me to get past the weight, however it certainly felt different than the Yeti 303R (not as stiff) or a 951 (not as soft..man I feel like I can push to the ground on a 951), more neutral.

I really liked it. I had confidence letting it go at speeds, could easily launch through rock gardens (didn't feel I needed to plow through) and felt sharp when I jumped.

The only downside is I kept endoing because the head angle was as steep as my BMX bike (kidding).

BTW, I'm over 6 feet tall, got the medium, couldn't be happier. No knee on stem. The bike felt very comfortable and I think I made the right decision for me to not go with a large (memories of my gargantuan large Giant DH team still dancing in my head).

If you can get one, I think it should be solidly on your consideration list.

Brian