Quantcast

2010 Glory1 or Demo8 1

dave1

Chimp
Jan 7, 2011
Hey everybody, new to the fourm here and i need some advice. I have been mountain bikes for years now and im finally goin to buy my first downhill bike. I have narrowed it down to two bikes(so far). I will be riding Diablo, with vertical earth, and Plattekill mixed in. I am trying to choose between a brand new 2010 Glory for 3600 or a used 2010 Demo8 1, with a boxxer team for 2400. The guy who owned the demo works at a spech shop and says he only used the 12-15 times, and about 10 of thoes were for races. I am interested in raceing but dont know when that will happen. What bike do u think is the better deal and the best bike for my first downhill bike?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Glory hands down!!!! I know others will say different, but that is my 2 cents. I have been on both and will say the Glory tracks and rides better for my riding style. You may want to tell us a little more about your riding style as both bike feel different in many ways.

Good luck!!!
Cecil

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Thats a tough call. The bikes are pretty evenly spec'd. Since the Demo has the Boxxer team upgrade (from the Race) I'd say go with the Demo.......depending on the condition of the bike. The Demo is a longer and slacker bike. The New Glory's kinda feel like a big trail bike to me.
$1200 is a lot of $$$$ and would buy lots of upgrades fro the Demo if you so desired. If the Demo owner can provide warranty for you (since he is a shop employee) then that would pretty RAD too.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
If the demo is in good shape, I say go for it. That's a big chunk of change! I figure if you're just getting into the sport, you're going to learn about what you like and change things no matter which bike you get. Neither bike is going to hold you back- either bike can be set up to work for you and your locale. Might as well have some spare cash to make component changes when you decide to upgrade. Demo sounds like a way better deal to me in your situation.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
Both great bikes that a persons style could adapt to if needed. I vote Glory as you'd get a warranty from buying new, and it's probably a little lighter if that matters.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Seeing as how geometry and suspension performance are the most important things to consider when buying a downhill bike you should buy the Demo.

dave1

Chimp
Jan 7, 2011
You may want to tell us a little more about your riding style as both bike feel different in many ways.
If i had to describe my riding style, i guess i would say i like to go fast and jump. I just moved to ny from Grand rapids, and i just relized how many races are around here. With the gravity east seris and the Mid-Atlantic Regional i will def be trying to race this year.