Quantcast

2010 JEDI XL with 1 degree slacker HA!

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
So I can ride a Large just fine but at 6'3" I opted for a XL this season. Theres really only 1 major change from 09 and its the 1 degree slacker head angle they now have.
The pivot bolts have heads to protect bearings from crud as well as the rear triangle has a solid guard. This is to keep debris from flinging from tire to shock shaft to protect it. Like 09 it also has a larger rear triangle to accomodate a much larger tire then the 08.

Same great finish and anotat designs as well as laser etching and a solid black color finishes this frame off nicely. Looking forward to the immediate build as well as the parts that are out a little bit, it should be built up by tomorrow AM and a initial ride tomorrow.

I opted for FOX blue links which is a new link color as well. Lance is there pulling frames off the line and lining them up to a 1;1 print to make sure they are all within spec. Then Chris assembles them each by hand and blue loctite, the brothers have a hands on from start to finish!!

XL frame
HT 4 5/8"
WB 47"
BB 13.8" (14" with spike mud tires)
Bar height 40.8 (with bxr all the way out and spike tires)
Ill get other real world #s but they change from stack height to where you run your crowns on your fork and tires.

Parts for the build

Built

Lance changed out the new geo numbers and posted on page 2 heres a copy

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Sick Travis!!

Also, ever hear of a run on sentence? ;)
NO! :thumb:

Here jon let me save you the greif and Ill get a raincheck on some ...............................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,::::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; There oh wait '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' that should take care of some for now and in the future and save you from having to correct me LOL...

Last edited:

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
roco wc air! :thumb:

I rode a elka and Its a SWEET shock but for speed and stauying stuck to the ground as well as wheel tracking the air feels better and less ass end chatter going on...
Thats kinda hard to believe but not saying I don't believe it, have you ever tried a dhx air on any of your bikes?

also, sweet Canfield.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Thats kinda hard to believe but not saying I don't believe it, have you ever tried a dhx air on any of your bikes?

also, sweet Canfield.
YEah DHX lacked mid stroke bad, Ive ran avys, fox, I had a short stint on a elka (loved it) and im back to the air. It wallows mid travel which allows it to blow through stuff and stay stuck, it doesnt pop like a spring on preload but will literally level terrain beatifull in race applications.
Chris, Lance and I have been through this alot and even they will tell you for rocky nasty racing the roco wc air is like cheating but for FR jumps hucking etc coil is prefered.

Take a bike that moves up and back as it hits a square edge hit now put a shock that allows it to wallow a bit in the sweet spot and you will have a high speed cadillac down the nasty stuff.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
That looks BAD A$$! Nice to hear they're completely assembled now.

What's the final weight?
No as soon as I finally finish it tomorrow Ill probably weigh it, its going to be up there probably high 38 low 39 but Im running heavy tires and 4 scoops of stans in each tire right now for a ruin we are doing in the mountains next week. Its nasty crud and NASTY terrain so I dont want any issues so Im running more than usuall. Ill dial it in after I ride it a bit, Im so anxious after injury to ride Ill worry about the weight once Im riding it! :weee:

It was 38 with a heavier shock on a large but the XL will add a smidge of weight. It will be sub 40 though for sure and race ready later in the season Ill have it around 36-37 again and hover there like usuall.

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Every Jedi you owned never looked bad :thumb:,so after all those shocks you rode the Roco air works best for you and are there other shocks you would like to try?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The Canfield bros go with the jedi exactly where I wanted it. Really like the geo change and the last years new cs for bigger tires, if only it happened sooner I might be now waiting for a different frame to arrive ;)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Every Jedi you owned never looked bad :thumb:,so after all those shocks you rode the Roco air works best for you and are there other shocks you would like to try?
YEAH Id run an Elka S5 for a bit I liked it, Id love to have craig tune me an avy again (weight is as light as a fox and elka).

As far as air is concerned Marzzocchis got it dialed in the form of a DH shock best out there yet, not to say its the best it will ever be but does a great job amd I love the way it flows on stuff.

Yeah Im glad I chilled out and waited because the wait is over, the HA with the fork down and the designed slacker HA should put me close to 63 (high)-64 HA (low)

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Bike looks great... I don't know if its the XL, the 1* slacker HA (which I wouldn't be able to see anyways) or what but this looks longer and racier than most Jedi's I've seen.

Thanks for posting... now that I've gone to the Canfield website I want one of these:

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Hmm, that reach is almost the right size for us freakishly tall guys, the WB seems a tad short though. When the CS grows do the angles and paths work out such that the WB increases indentically with the chainstay? Anyone know?

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
August but I should be down for sea otter and Jerry (hippietech) and I are going to try and make some fontana races as well as a few others too. YEah your more then welcom ro take a run on it. I can tell you now IT is better than 08 or 09 right off the bat.... The fit and feel is perfection. Low slung and ready to fly..........

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
August but I should be down for sea otter and Jerry (hippietech) and I are going to try and make some fontana races as well as a few others too. YEah your more then welcom ro take a run on it. I can tell you now IT is better than 08 or 09 right off the bat.... The fit and feel is perfection. Low slung and ready to fly..........
Nice nice, I'm up in SB but I'll try and make it down to a fontana race to watch sometime and meet up. thanks.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Hey Brian BB got here 20 minutes ago THANKS :thumb: Im going down to stick em on right now.

As always I appreciate it!!!

Took it out to the crack yesterday and did the drop in to the crack and wall ride then sessioned the jumps and berms.

Aside of needing to tune suspension it rides like a champ. Dirty Dans are on my top choice for tires now and the XL frame fit like a glove. I put a vivid 5.1 ctune on it and a Boxxer WC (both 2010 and came in this week) till my Marzocchi stuff is ready to rock.

The NEW bxr wc is better then the first release of the 2010s, its way more supple and dialed out of the box, I literally rode the crack without touching a single thing on it. Kind of sucked LOL had to back out a little pressure and add a little more low as well as back out the high speed a bit but got it real close.....

Last edited: