Quantcast

2010 mondraker zero dh !!!!

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
He is on the RC4 coil, nothing to do with air, also brakes are the new 2010 the one way lighter than actual One's. This frame still in prototype stage, so nothing to do with final stetics that we expect show on the bike presentation around summer this year.

Also can say we finally decided for a 9.5" shock instead of the 10.5" as using 8" of stroke with a 10.5" lead to lots of friction due to DU bushings on shocks, we add some weight with the 9.5" but it's the only dissadvantage of shorter shock, because reducing friction means increasing suspension response to small bumps and basically on breaking bumps, that is probably where this bike really feels good due to lower link more in vertical position compared to other similar systems that use more horizontal one.
lighter than actual One's - crazy:clapping:

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
14,8kg is unreal! :eek::eek::eek:

my 2006 Stumpjumper FSR Expert would be only 2 kg lighter!!!! with exactly half the travel, of course... :shocked::shocked::shocked:

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
i highly doubt it. if the weight is true ,than this bike with a boxxer wc ,ti spring and lighter wheels (pro2 +flow's) could be entered to a marathon race :)

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
ask cesar rojo, he will say: yes it is..............
I am on the phone now so when I get home I will try to get more info to you. Real weight the pro team bike is 15.5kg M size no pedals, steel spring, fox 40, deemax ultimate and kenda tubeless. Frame M size no shock, no cups but rear axle and shock bolts is 3360gr. Head angle std 63 adjustable 61 to 65 every 1degree and with fork height adjustment 40mm you can get up to 59.5 degree. Chainstay 435 to 450mm adjustment every 5mm. Bottom bracket adjusted via head angle+fork height std +10mm range from +3 to +30mm. Front center is stock 740 on M and min 705 to 780mm (cant rember this exactly).

When home i get more info!
Cheers.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I am on the phone now so when I get home I will try to get more info to you. Real weight the pro team bike is 15.5kg M size no pedals, steel spring, fox 40, deemax ultimate and kenda tubeless. Frame M size no shock, no cups but rear axle and shock bolts is 3360gr. Head angle std 63 adjustable 61 to 65 every 1degree and with fork height adjustment 40mm you can get up to 59.5 degree. Chainstay 435 to 450mm adjustment every 5mm. Bottom bracket adjusted via head angle+fork height std +10mm range from +3 to +30mm. Front center is stock 740 on M and min 705 to 780mm (cant rember this exactly).

When home i get more info!
Cheers.
If it's all true than it may be one of the bikes of the year and a serious contender for my current nr. 1 that i still have to wait for 3-4 months :/ Cesar you are one lucky bastard ;) (though it probably happend more because of skill than luck )

Hope I'll be able to get a ride in the 61deg setting as I'm damn curious how the bike handles with such extreme setting.

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
If it's all true than it may be one of the bikes of the year and a serious contender for my current nr. 1 that i still have to wait for 3-4 months :/ Cesar you are one lucky bastard ;) (though it probably happend more because of skill than luck )

Hope I'll be able to get a ride in the 61deg setting as I'm damn curious how the bike handles with such extreme setting.
hehe i think is a bit extreme if you're not in super steep or fast tracks, but you should give it a try, pretty much every rider in WC is riding now 61 or 62º.

Front center is exactly 705 to 785mm so wheel base goes from 1180mm stock,then you can have from 1140mm to 1235mm in M size.

Here a pic of the pro team version 34.15Lbs as comes from the shop, no pedals.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yeah I know what you mean. Even having a longer bike with steeper head angle works only on harder tracks. I was only happy with handling characteristics of my lapierre in Maribor and localy it just feels loooooong and slugish.(As it was a unisize bike that actualy is close to large dh bike [or xl kona stinky :P])
The adjustability is nice as it gives you possiblity to switch for different tracks (although I know that very few people will use it).

BTW. Can you tell us a bit about the suspension feel? More pop or plowing power?

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
... Chainstay 435 to 450mm adjustment every 5mm. ...
Cesar, is Summum going to be supplied with 4 flipchips as rear dropouts? How did you solved caliper position relative to 4 different axle positions? Is there different caliper adaptor for each axle-flipchip? I can't recognize that from the fotos published...
BTW: the frame shaping and surface finish are brutally attractive imo

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
Cesar, is Summum going to be supplied with 4 flipchips as rear dropouts? How did you solved caliper position relative to 4 different axle positions? Is there different caliper adaptor for each axle-flipchip? I can't recognize that from the fotos published...
BTW: the frame shaping and surface finish are brutally attractive imo
Thanks!

We have 4 different ones for each chainstay lenght. 435mm uses a stock disc adaptor and then special one for the other 3 positions (we saved some weight this way).

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
It would be great to know the reach (& stack) on the summum, for me especially on the larger frames. Great design!

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
It would be great to know the reach (& stack) on the summum, for me especially on the larger frames. Great design!
I can tell you if you want it for the stock geometry on a large bike, but this measure varies with every different position of the head angle or fork height you choose, so it does not make much sense... What always works same is front center, fork height and head angle :)

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
how about some pricing for frame incl. shock? it looks mighty expensive but also very pretty!

how tall is fabien(and you) and what size are you riding?
Hi Ronan!

Im 178cm and riding a M size, Fabien aswell, but he is in super slack so depends on what head angle you ride probably you need the L size to get same wheelbase as he rides.

Spanish price for the frame is 2190€ with the RC4, not sure about other markets.

Just for someones interest i will be at Whistler from 9th to 20th, so if anyone interested in having a test on the bike i will be more than happy to let you try it.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
well this is a nice price for the bike Cesar! I don´t think it's very expensive considering a SC V10 is priced in 2950€ (powercoated)
Hi Ronan!

Im 178cm and riding a M size, Fabien aswell, but he is in super slack so depends on what head angle you ride probably you need the L size to get same wheelbase as he rides.

Spanish price for the frame is 2190€ with the RC4, not sure about other markets.

Just for someones interest i will be at Whistler from 9th to 20th, so if anyone interested in having a test on the bike i will be more than happy to let you try it.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
well this is a nice price for the bike Cesar! I don´t think it's very expensive considering a SC V10 is priced in 2950€ (powercoated)
W00t? 2950 Euro for v10? Does anyone even ride them at that price? I think they are much cheaper around these parts.

Checked, it's below 2000 but they don't sell to foreigners (some strange deal with SC) but if you have some people to order it for you I'm sure it will still be cheaper than that crazy price you have in Spain.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Norbar, in england, V10's start at £2700, and top out at £3100, so about 3400 euro.
OMGWTFBBQ!? For 3100 pounds you can get a morewood makulu with a bos fork. Many other high end frames are much much less. Nicolai, Evil, Orange, Empire. What the hell is wrong with your distributors? Why the v10 costs more in euro than in dolars ( I mean even the number is higher). The margin on them must be bonkers.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Is it fair to weigh a "WC" bike with 2.35 UST Kends Nevegals? (1000g)

Oh wait-i run 1000g 2.4 Kenda Telonix most of the time. But they have traction and since they're not UST i believe there is a more substantial casing, not just a layer of butyl rubber bonded to the casing to make them airtight.

Oh wait-i'm 125lbs and don't ride "WC"

Just sayin...the carbon seatpost and XTR cranks are one thing but tires....you guys aren't really runnin those tires are you?:eek: Not sayin you aren't good enough or anything i'm more just curious if those tires are holding up to real DH.

cesar_rojo

Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
Is it fair to weigh a "WC" bike with 2.35 UST Kends Nevegals? (1000g)

Oh wait-i run 1000g 2.4 Kenda Telonix most of the time. But they have traction and since they're not UST i believe there is a more substantial casing, not just a layer of butyl rubber bonded to the casing to make them airtight.

Oh wait-i'm 125lbs and don't ride "WC"

Just sayin...the carbon seatpost and XTR cranks are one thing but tires....you guys aren't really runnin those tires are you?:eek: Not sayin you aren't good enough or anything i'm more just curious if those tires are holding up to real DH.
Hehe i runned them for this pic, but no i don't run that ones.

I run minions +250gr (if the kenda weight 1kg) each +150gr tubes each, but i have obtaniun ti spring -250gr aprox, lighter seat -50gr aprox, lighter stem -50gr aprox, mallet pedals +400gr aprox, boxxer wc with race damping -500gr aprox, so weight should be around 15.850gr... I rode with that setup few world cups this year (38th, 44th and 51st (cant remember this one)), the frame i rode was lighter thought, like Fabien rides (-400gr).

I should have the bike ready to race crankworxs so i will put it on the scale as soon as i can, hehe!

picture by www.sebasromero.com (this guy is a genius, look at his pictures).

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
Ridemonkey geometry dorks rejoice!

M SIZE TUNNING SAMPLE.
" Head angle 63º STD (Range 61º to 65º with cups and up to 59.5º with max fork height)
" BB +10mm STD cups (up to +30mm with max fork height and +2mm with slackest position)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
That sounds pretty insanely tunable.

The detail shots look really fresh. Those little details really make it feel special.

As for the photography, this is perhaps the best mtb shot I've seen in a long time. The lighting, riding, angle, etc is brilliant!

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
how much of a pain is it to run the housing through the frame like that?
that BB area looks interesting. dont see too many shells welded together like that.
and that bottom link area is pretty trick lookin

i know this is gonna sound lame, but how much does the housing get worn down for being constantly rubbed by the shell?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'm liking this thing more and more. Geo looks dialed, very cool looking bike, weight sounds good.

Some concerns/questions though:

-If it runs XTR cranks (assuming 73mm BB) does it have a 135mm rear end? Or 150mm? Chainline?

-Hope the cables aren't rubbed/worn too quickly by the internal routing, or that they aren't too hard to run...you would have to disconnect/bleed a brake every time you install/remove it though. One thing I'm not so fond of on my Izimu.

-TT length of L? I know that the wheelbase, etc. is more important, but since the HA is adjustable and there is not a reach/stack measurement I know of, I'd like to plug some numbers in and calculate them.