Quantcast

2010 MRP CHAMBER CRANKS (Info and Pics)

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
2010 MRP CAMBER CRANKS

So just the other day the new 2010 MRP CAMBER CRANKS showed up for my Trek Remedy Project. Thought I would put up some pictures and info for those looking for a nice strong set of light weight cranks. See more at the below link.

See more pictures and weights at:
http://2wheelfreaks.ning.com/page/product-reviews

Thanks to the guys at MRP for helping out on this project.

Cecil:thumb:

Last edited:

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
These cranks are the same as NC-17 and Blackspire. A company in asia makes them to order with other companies names and then mark up the price. not bad cranks though

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
atlas fr:714g

shimano saint:762

gravity light:692

according to sicklines
Try looking on Shimano's site. The weight on the MRP's seems to be more comparable to XT's (which are light IMO). Shimano's site lists the XT's at 853g. They list the Saints anywhere between 1059g-11105g. I would hope that their own site is more accurate than sicklines.....

EDIT: Copy and pasted from Raceface's site on the Atlas FR cranks: WEIGHT: 1010g (170mm with 36T ring, Bash Guard & BB)

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Try looking on Shimano's site. The weight on the MRP's seems to be more comparable to XT's (which are light IMO). Shimano's site lists the XT's at 853g. They list the Saints anywhere between 1059g-11105g. I would hope that their own site is more accurate than sicklines.....

EDIT: Copy and pasted from Raceface's site on the Atlas FR cranks: WEIGHT: 1010g (170mm with 36T ring, Bash Guard & BB)
I believe the weights listed on shimano's site include chainring, bolts, and bash as well.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
2010 MRP CAMBER CRANKS

So just the other day the new 2010 MRP CAMBER CRANKS showed up for my Trek Remedy Project. Thought I would put up some pictures and info for those looking for a nice strong set of light weight cranks. See more at the below link.

See more pictures and weights at:
http://2wheelfreaks.ning.com/page/product-reviews

Thanks to the guys at MRP for helping out on this project.

Cecil:thumb:

My Saints weighed in at 825 grams with the BB, so the weights are comparable.
However, no 165mm so therefore I am out !

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
finally got mine in.
the box is enormous....now i see RF's whole diabolical plan

730grams for 170mm/83mm (228grams less then my Diablolous.) 139grams for the BB w/ two spacers

Last edited:

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
no offense, but those cranks really suck.

a homie of mine bent one to the point of not moving past the chain stay while rallying a berm. we then were able to bend the crank back into a rideable, chainstay clearing shape by sliding an 8mm allen through the pedal threads and pressing on it really hard.

bad crank? maybe? but while bending a crank is one thing, being able to bend it back is the mark of the worst peice of crap crank in the history of mountain biking.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
no offense, but those cranks really suck.

a homie of mine bent one to the point of not moving past the chain stay while rallying a berm. we then were able to bend the crank back into a rideable, chainstay clearing shape by sliding an 8mm allen through the pedal threads and pressing on it really hard.

bad crank? maybe? but while bending a crank is one thing, being able to bend it back is the mark of the worst peice of crap crank in the history of mountain biking.
Not to take away from this thread, but how the hell do you put your cranks in a position to get bent whilst railing(assuming you meant railing and not rallying) a berm?

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Not to take away from this thread, but how the hell do you put your cranks in a position to get bent whilst railing(assuming you meant railing and not rallying) a berm?
I guess he rails berms à la Brian Lopes or Sam Hill, aka so fast the cranks bend out of shape!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I have bent some cranks in my days, but we are talking cranks from the late 90's early 2000’s. I don't see how you could bend these cranks without having some big ass crash onto rocks and you weigh 240lbs or more. The crank arm most have taken on his whole body weight in that crash too…. Other than that he is the first I have heard of this happening to with these cranks. Now with that said there are bad seeds out there in all product lines us rides use. Bad Seed meaning a defect in the product, the 1 out of 1000 to break, or just someone that doesn’t take care of their sh!t and it tears up then complains about the product. Most of the time it’s call “User Error!!!”

Well I am sure if your friend calls up MRP they would be welling to help the guy out. In that case there was no need for the product bashing!!!!

Cecil

Last edited:

SeatPost

Chimp
May 17, 2009
Philly, sort of
Quite possible the worst cranks I have ever had, I nuked the sissy tabs on this in one race weekend. I am finally going over to the dark side of Saints. If I nuke those I quit.

marshalolson

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2006
well whatever, cranks get bent. never seen cranks that could actually bend back into semi-rideable shape with 180lbs of weight and an allen wrench. that is my point.

hopefully an isolated incident, and looking through the thread, it seems alot of people have nothing but good things too say. so nevermind :D

Last edited: