Quantcast

2010 MSC Schedule

For everyone not of the mailing list here is the latest news from the Mountain States Cup

THE INSIDE SCOOP ON THE 2010 MSC SEASON
FROM BIGFOOT PRODUCTIONS

Hey all you fat-tire fanatics! It may feel like the season has just ended, but we want to keep you up to date on all the new happenings from inside the Mountain States Cup so you can plan for next season. RaceMSC is now on Twitter so you can stay tuned for updates. We’ll post the latest news—like schedule updates, when course maps and descriptions are available, host contests for cool prizes and race entries and more! If you’re wondering what’s the latest and greatest, then this is where you’ll find it, and on www.racemsc.com, of course!

We’ve been working hard this fall to concoct a schedule that is going to bring you the best racing in the region, the freshest tracks, and new venues so you can experience more of what Colorado has to offer.

Without further ado we are excited to announce our 2010 Mountain States Cup schedule!
The series will kick off in Fruita, Colorado April 24-25 with an early season off-road time trial prologue and epic backcountry cross country race at Rabbit Valley Rally. Then the gravity season kicks in gear alongside the endurance events with the classic Chalk Creek Stampede in Nathrop, CO (May 15-16); Chile Challenge in Angel Fire, NM (June 5-6- not Memorial Day weekend!), Wildflower Rush in Crested Butte, CO (June 26-27); and Blast the Mass in Snowmass Village, CO (July 10-11).

After USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships concludes at SolVista in Granby Ranch, CO (July 15-18), the Mountain States Cup takes a turn for new venues including Keystone Revival in Keystone, CO (August 7-8); Full Tilt in Telluride in Telluride, CO (August 22-23); the Winter Park Pursuit in Winter Park, CO (September 4-6); and the Fall Classic in Breckenridge, CO (September 11-12).

All Mountain States Cup events will be qualifiers for USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships.

We are also excited to announce a new pricing structure for the 2010 season. We are bringing back the multiple race discounts—sign up for two races for the weekend and receive $5 off; sign up for three and receive $10 off. We have also lowered the pricing for junior and CAT 3 (beginners). We will have all information on pricing and the MSC season pass available on www.racemsc.com as soon as we do the big website update to reflect the 2010 season.

VAST Action will be back on board as the official photographer of the Mountain States Cup for 2010. If you haven’t checked out your images from the 2009 season, then visit vastaction.com today and keyword in your name for a quick search. They have custom prints, poster, mugs, mouse pads and digital files or get them all with the VAST PASS. Just enter the following code into the promo box and click the green arrow to apply the discounts.

10% OFF discount code: MSC200910
25% OFF with purchase of $200 or more discount code: MSC200925
Great for teams or a season long VAST PASS!

We are excited to see you all this next season. Feel free to email us at info@racemsc.com or contact us at 720-407-6142 with any questions, comments, suggestions or pretty much anything you’d like to share. We stoked on making this one of the best seasons yet and hearing from you makes that possible. We’re not quite ready to go live with the website update, but wanted to get you the latest info pronto! Our goal is to keep you informed all-season long as soon as we have details to share. This newsletter is just the first step in getting the word out, so pass it on to your friends, your family, your teammates, your neighbor, internet forums, and the person standing in line next to you at the grocery store. And check back to www.racemsc.com before the year’s end to see all this info live!

2010 Mountain States Cup Series Schedule

April 24-25 Rabbit Valley Rally Fruita, CO TT and XC
May 15-16 Chalk Creek Stampede Nathrop, CO XC, STXC, 4X, DS
June 5-6 Chile Challenge Angel Fire, NM XC, DH, 4X, SD
June 26-27 Wildflower Rush Crested Butte, CO XC, DH, 4X, SD
July 10-11 Blast the Mass Snowmass Village, CO XC, STXC, DH, DH, SD
August 7-8 Keystone Revival Keystone, CO XC, STXC, DH, SD
August 22-23 Full Tilt in Telluride Telluride, CO XC, HC, DH, 4X
September 4-6 Winter Park Pursuit Winter Park, CO XC, STXC, DH, 4X, SD
September 10-12
Fall Classic
Breckenridge, CO
STXC, TT, XC

Bigfoot Production
info@bigfootproduction.com

www.yeticycles.com
www.racemsc.com
www.solvistanationals.com

any 12 hour events?
Probably, those are usually stand alone events separate from this calendar. I've heard that Telluride might do one again, and probably Angle Fire as well.
I have no official word though, I just posted an e-mail I got from the MSC people.

Schedule looks good though! Awesome that Angel Fire no longer conflicts with US Open, and Snowmass has 2 DH's!

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Finally, after what? 2 years (seems like forever)? Keystone is back. Yay 7+ minute course...time to start training....lol

And Yay ToHelluride is back! Let's poach trails off the free gondi! ;)

OH, and good job Winter Park/Intrawest letting the pros of Bigfoot do the race, and not doing it themselves. Now if they can just build more "black diamond" dh trails :rolleyes:

tomacdaddy

Monkey
Feb 2, 2005
Minturn, CO
Solid. After a somewhat disappointing 2009 schedule, next year is looking good.

2 DHs in Snowmass... sweet! (I'm sure there should be a 4X there instead.)

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Finally, after what? 2 years (seems like forever)? Keystone is back. Yay 7+ minute course...time to start training....lol

And Yay ToHelluride is back! Let's poach trails off the free gondi! ;)

OH, and good job Winter Park/Intrawest letting the pros of Bigfoot do the race, and not doing it themselves. Now if they can just build more "black diamond" dh trails :rolleyes:
Were you at the last Keystone race? I think the pros were getting 10+ minutes. Us normal humans were in the 12-16 minute range, brutal. Not that you're normal Ka-nipee but you get the idea.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
You're right. I just geeked out and looked up the results from 2007. Pros were getting over 10min. And no, apparently I wasn't at the last race, cuz someone let Godzilla win ;) (ya that's right I'm talkin smack to dudes in my class). Good on Kegu for 2nd. I did the G3 there that year instead, I think.

Wow, top two pros were on the same second - 10:58.

Bring it Keystone

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
SylentK;3351891 And no said:
That Godzilla kid is some kind of bike mutant, fast on anything with 2 wheels. Good on Jeff keeping up with him.

That was my 2nd race ever and it freaking killed me:bad:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I'm pretty sure the 2 DH's is correct, Snowmass has always been a tough venue to host a 4X at. I remember some banter on the MSC forum about doing a 2 DH format.
Yeah that was from the positive options of the G3 there in 2008. The Super D one from that G3 was a blast too. Snowmass has been my favorite course for the last 2 years despite crashing on more race runs there than anywhere else.