Quantcast

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread

splat

Nam I am

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
For some reason I am not even that shocked. If you look at that game that was a glimpse of their season. No defense, no goaltending, and no powerplay. They sleepwalked through this season and everyone thought they were going to flip a switch.

Fleury was brutal and Gonchar on that 4th SH goal was kinda funny. Seriously, I have seen dudes in beer leagues put more effort into their defensive play. What a way to close out the Civic Arena.

Have fun partying you French Canadians.

When is Boston going to score a goal? Another game 7?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Caps
Pens

Who's next!

I root for Philly tonight and a win by the Bruins in game 7... This will give time to the Habs to get healthy.

Habs-Bruins series would be awsome! :thumb:

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
The pens displayed the worst hockey game they have played in years. And they wait to bring it out In a game 7. Halak is a wall. Every game and series they win I hope they realize it's because of him.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
What has happened to teh Bs? And btw, VS announcers are the WORST.
They did score a goal finally to make it interesting. Who were the VS. announcers for the game? I watched the NESN fed which was pretty comedic.

Don't worry about the Pens playing golf because they couldn't hit a fairway like they can't hit the net on a 4-on-3.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Darryl Reaugh (sp?) was such a Nucks homer last night, I expected to find him interveiwing Lu in the shower afterwards...I thought VS guys should be impartial? Eddie O tries too hard, often turning against the Hawks...as does Billy Jaffee, a former post game analyst for them.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Fixed it fer ya! :D

What has happened to teh Bs? And btw, VS announcers are the WORST.
Nobody is worse than Jack Edwards - Nobody.

Where did Malkin and Crosby go? Should someone in Pittsburgh send a search party out for them? The only guy who gave much effort for the Pens tonight was Staal.

Halak was good when he needed to be tonight - but really he wasn't pressed all that hard IMHO.

That seven game win by Montreal is a shocker!

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Darryl Reaugh (sp?) was such a Nucks homer last night, I expected to find him interveiwing Lu in the shower afterwards...I thought VS guys should be impartial? Eddie O tries too hard, often turning against the Hawks...as does Billy Jaffee, a former post game analyst for them.
Razor is pretty bad. So is the guy from Washington that works for VS. I don't mind Eddie or Billy that much.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006

Where did Malkin and Crosby go? Should someone in Pittsburgh send a search party out for them? The only guy who gave much effort for the Pens tonight was Staal.

Halak was good when he needed to be tonight - but really he wasn't pressed all that hard IMHO.

Jack is so bad.

Staal was a freaking beast and was not 100%. The two golden boys are still missing from this series.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
What can Boston do differently to get some offense? They just don't have a ton of gifted scoring talent in their line up right now. Could this be the biggest collapse in B's history?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Tell me again why Wiedman is on the power play? Bruins are in a heap O' trouble right now and Montreal is hell bent on a mission.
Wideman is terrible. There are tons of fans in this area that are Wideman apologist since they are too hell bent focusing on merely stat lines and his gaudy numbers that were accumulated over the first half of last season. The problem is that despite spurts of offensive creativity that he displays, and penchant for making high risk/high reward offensive plays, the guy is a liability defensively, is a mental midget prone to terrible mistakes, and has some of the painfully slowest top end speed of any player I've seen (which is his biggest detraction IMHO). All things that if people read between the lines last year, one should have been able to recognize. The Bruins are stretched thin on the blueline and unfortunately there are not other options to sit a guy like Wideman down on the PP.

NorseManiac

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
The North Shore, MA
These last 3 games are right back to the regular season frustrations. Weidman just looks so bad out there it pisses me off to no end. Its a team thing too, no offense as of late. We are doomed if we move on.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
These last 3 games are right back to the regular season frustrations. Weidman just looks so bad out there it pisses me off to no end. Its a team thing too, no offense as of late. We are doomed if we move on.
The thing that gets me is that "when" Wideman is contributing offensively, I see it as much of an indicator of improved line play than just him exclusively being an offensive force. Fans have short memories and many not well versed in the game have a skewed perception of what "good play" is. When a team as a unit is playing well, a player that has a decent offensive skillset is going to contribute. When the Bruins were winning games and Wideman was contributing on the scoresheet many people thought he turned some sort of corner despite that he still was making awful plays and having alot of troubles in the defensive zone. So long as those didn't materialize in opponent goals, many fans thought he was playing great. 3 games later with minimal scoring, and a focus more on the Bruins defensive play, and now everyone is claiming that Wideman is "sucking" again. I'm sorry, but I don't buy it.

Hey, I don't like the predicament the Bruins are in with Wideman, and I'd much rather have him not playing with a B's sweater on because I don't think having a player with his weaknesses is conducive to solid defense and winning hockey, but there are many other issues with the Bruins and why they can't seem to pull off this 4th win.

I may have a heart attack in the 30 hours, argh :D

NorseManiac

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
The North Shore, MA
I am not jumping on the "let's hate Weidman" bandwagon now, its been a while that I have thought that there are others out there with more to offer with less of his ****ty tendencies. It's just amplified now with that pansie stick-less move he made the other day. And do they fan on a lot of passes out of the zone in times when they really need to GTFO.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I am not jumping on the "let's hate Weidman" bandwagon now, its been a while that I have thought that there are others out there with more to offer with less of his ****ty tendencies. It's just amplified now with that pansie stick-less move he made the other day. And do they fan on a lot of passes out of the zone in times when they really need to GTFO.
Hey, at least the Bruins don't have to worry about both Wideman and Montador back there anymore :D

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Last night i just wanted it to end and just start the offseason and talk about which #2 we get and make some moves for some guys
It's ok, it's ok. Keep that chin up, and maybe us fans will be rewarded with the mother of all Eastern Conference Finals, Bruins vs. Scabs!

Now I'll admit, that I'm scared to death of the Scabs being a Bruin's fan, but it just doesn't get any better than that :thumb:

NorseManiac

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
The North Shore, MA
It's ok, it's ok. Keep that chin up, and maybe us fans will be rewarded with the mother of all Eastern Conference Finals, Bruins vs. Scabs!

Now I'll admit, that I'm scared to death of the Scabs being a Bruin's fan, but it just doesn't get any better than that :thumb:
I was almost a Scabs convert last night due to their never say die run thru #2 then #1. If we get there, I am also scared. But will be a legendary series no doubt.

@narlus. next time he loses his stick he should just flop on the ice and pretend to be hurt.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA

He's a homer, but you have to respect the passion.

Plus how can you NOT love this

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Wideman is horrible.

Chara - over-rated. He needs to skate and carry the puck more. Too often he gets the puck and just coasts always looking to make a pass rather than carrying the puck, drawing defenders to him and then making the pass.

Game 7 should be epic though. Here's hoping for a great tilt between the Bs and Flyers.

Oh and I'm really glad that the Penguins are out - especially because it eliminates Matt Cooke from the playoffs. Holy cow is that guy ever a cheap shot artist! Every check he throws is an elbow, or charge or something illegal.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
speaking of elbows, i hope they get better refs. that phantom elbow on Hartnell was bogus (which was quickly nullified by the very weak makeup call on Pronger). and what about the penalty shot call? horrendous!

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Oh and I'm really glad that the Penguins are out - especially because it eliminates Matt Cooke from the playoffs. Holy cow is that guy ever a cheap shot artist! Every check he throws is an elbow, or charge or something illegal.
Agreed. Except that hit on Markov was clean.