Quantcast

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
"not a chance" i believe was his remark
yeah - that made me laugh a little, but I sure hope he does stay out of trouble.

But I dunno.

I wonder what Toews is like to hang out with off the ice. Sure seems mature beyond his 22 years of age. I wonder if he's a boring dude off the ice though?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I wonder what Toews is like to hang out with off the ice. Sure seems mature beyond his 22 years of age. I wonder if he's a boring dude off the ice though?
I like to picture him in a tuxedo T-Shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Chump goal?

In OT you gotta put pucks to the net - Kane got free, and fired that puck by Leighton. Great goal. Great series.

Congrats to the Blackhawks - the future certainly looks mighty bright in Chicago.

I am not blaming Kane, that is what you have to do in OT. But it was a bad goal from a bad angle. I did love how nobody knew it was in on the ice.

Good thing they won this year because the salary cup is a lurking.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
What a great game, and great goal to end it.

Had to watch the game at a sportsbar in Gatlinburg with a bunch of midlife crisis "bikers" and a GunsNRoses cover band playing, but it was worth it.

...saw this today too!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I actually watched game 5 of the AHL finals. Hershey v. Texas. Exciting game, took 3/4 of an OT to decide.

I of course will pick my Hawks for next year, but that is pending-

- Solidifing the goalie situation. Niemi was awesome, but is he the real deal?
- Signing some depth players to replace those who will be lost. Burish, Madden, and Eager to name a few, will be UFAs I beleive
- Getting similiar production from the back end and the core guys
- What is the coaching situation going to be like? Torchetti and Haviland may be gone...
- A littel bit of good luck wont hurt either. I think the Hawks had to have about the fewest games lost to injury (among their core guys) in hte league this year.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
"The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them! And by golly, if I could get down there, I'd be standing up to them..."

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Who the hell is Lars Eller and Ian Schultz? Carey Price needed to go, not Halak. Another bonehead move by Habs management. Gainey must be back in charge...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
...sigh...its a bidness after all. The kid Morin is a stud to be, hope he sets up well, Reasoner is steady yet unspectacular...hope Stan does well w/ the picks.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Sounds like a pretty good deal for both teams if this Morin kid is the stud that JohnE says he is. Plus they get those draft pics to re-stock a bit.

I wonder if the subtle rumors of a Marc Savard trade will become reality in Boston.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
id rather not see savard traded unless he wants to be or the return is over the moon for him.

Thomas and Ryder on the other hand, hoping they get shipped out in the next couple days. Cant wait for the draft.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I bet Savard Stays.

Hell the B's might even get Hall when all is said and done.

Thomas - wow did his "stock" ever plummet from one year to the next. Poor guy.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
hope savard does stay, hes got one of the most cap friendly contracts in the league and is a top center.

Cant see how edmonton passes on Hall. Hes projected to go first in every mock draft I've read. Regardless, the Bruins are going to get an excellent prospect in either Hall or Seguin, so I couldnt be happier as a fan.

its not really that thomas' stock plummeted, but the fact that Rask is the starter. Why have 5 mil sitting on the bench? That cap space could be better utilized elsewhere.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
hope savard does stay, hes got one of the most cap friendly contracts in the league and is a top center.

Cant see how edmonton passes on Hall. Hes projected to go first in every mock draft I've read. Regardless, the Bruins are going to get an excellent prospect in either Hall or Seguin, so I couldnt be happier as a fan.
From a CBC Mock Draft article - I figured the Canadians probably know more about what might transpire than us Yanks:

1. Edmonton: Tyler Seguin (C — Plymouth Whalers — OHL)

While Taylor Hall may be the better 18-year-old, the question the Oilers need to ask themselves is "who will be the better 25-year-old?" And while teams usually stick to the "best-player-available" mantra, in Edmonton's case, the team is also looking at position. Loaded with talented wingers in the prospect pipeline (Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson and Jordan Eberle) I expect the Oilers to select a franchise centreman who is also a right-hand shot, which every team covets.

2. Boston (from Toronto): Taylor Hall (LW — Windsor Spitfires — OHL)

If the Oilers get the guy they need then the Bruins get the guy they want. Able to step in right away and provide the Bruins with a scoring threat off the wing, Hall will finally allow Bruins fans to forget the productivity they lost after trading Phil Kessel to the Leafs. Hall is a big, strong, powerful winger who has proven that he can win at the top level, and moreover, craves that type of competition. In the first game of the Memorial Cup he got rocked by Islanders prospect Travis Hamonic on his first shift. Many thought it would knock him out of the tournament, but Hall came right back and won tournament MVP (his second in a row).

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/06/21/spf-nhlmock-draft.html#ixzz0rs5zlZhw

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2010/06/21/spf-nhlmock-draft.html#ixzz0rs5foxkm

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Will Dan Ellis eventually become the next Halak in Montreal? Or will Carey Price finally live up to his rep/potential?

Good to see at least one Kostytsin out of Montreal - now find away to trade the other one while your are at it Gauthier!!! :)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
And now Versteeg is gone. Hawk fans are gonna freak...but I always found him irresponsible defensively and somewhat too eager to try the dangle at the wrong time. Later dude...