Quantcast

2010 NHL Playoffs Thread

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Habs came out and played some defense yesterday. And Halak looked good. Pens out shot the Habs almost 2-1 and still lost. The pens did well on the road in round 1, lets hope they can do the same now. But the Habs have the momentum winning on the road going into two home games.

Lets go Pens!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Is it just me or does Malkin look a bit "off his game" as of late? Do you think that eventually Pittsburgh will trade Malkin away for some young talent, or some different guys on the blue line?

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
He was off yesterday for sure. I don't think they will trade him any time soon. He still makes a lot of plays and has come through to score big goals in the regular season.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hawks put in a solid 55 minutes today! I will discount the first 5...ughh! But the following 55 was all Chicago...well, sort of. But Niemi was big when he had to be, and Patrick Sharp is one of the most under rated players in the league.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hawks put in a solid 55 minutes today! I will discount the first 5...ughh! But the following 55 was all Chicago...well, sort of. But Niemi was big when he had to be, and Patrick Sharp is one of the most under rated players in the league.
I like the way Sharp plays the game. :thumb:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
at least the flyers aren't getting blown out......maybe they need to watch this.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
I guess the Canucks are still the Canucks. They did look good at the beginning.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
The Pens/Canadians game was probably the most boring game of the playoffs by far. It looked like a Sunday afternoon game in February.

I guess Jimmy Howard looked like Jimmy Howard tonight. That third goal was horrible.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Wings in a deep, dark hole now...anyone think they have any magic left?
I guess my realism seems a little more justified now :thumb:

They are done, unfortunately they are still getting out hustled, I don't want to sound like a typical wings fan and complain about the officiating, but it certainly has NOT been good, quite a few questionable calls, ESPESCIALLY the interference call on holmstrom with 3 minutes to go in a tied play off game. HOWEVER that call didn't affect the outcome of the game, so it really doesn't matter.

The wings were outplayed, nabakav outplayed howard, and the sharks won, plain and simple. I think the wings actually win game 4, and then lose game 5.

The Pens/Canadians game was probably the most boring game of the playoffs by far. It looked like a Sunday afternoon game in February.

I guess Jimmy Howard looked like Jimmy Howard tonight. That third goal was horrible.
That third goal was SOFT :( He did make a ton of great saves last night while the rest of his team played poorly in front of him, but he had a 3-1 cushion and they couldn't hold on. He had no chance on the overtime goal because his defensemen (i didn't catch who it was) didn't take away the pass like he is supposed to.

Wings are done, I can now cancel cable for the summer and get off the couch and enjoy the weather...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

The current Canadien's style of play is so New Jersey Devils like that indeed it is boring (but so far - fairly effective).

Nice one timer by Malkin and equally nice screen by Crosby on that PP goal.

Some key saves by Fleury in the last half of the third period or that one could have gone into OT fairly easily.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I wouldn't say the Pens game was boring. It was a battle of goalies...so I guess that does make it a little boring. The Pens needed this win in a big way. To win the first road game and be up 2-1. Or down 2-1 and still have another road game would be hard. Habs are 1-3 at home in the playoffs. Pens are 4-0 on the road in the playoffs. I still think the series could go 6 games.

We were talking about Malkin a few posts ago. This game is the type of game I was talking about when I said the Pens wouldn't trade him any time soon. He seems to be the one to score the biggest goals when needed the most. You would think these teams would know what hes going to do by now. He scores every goal from the same spot with that same one timer.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Wings in a deep, dark hole now...anyone think they have any magic left?
Not unless Howard turn's into somebody else and the Wing's get some referee help in their favor like the Sharks did in Game's 1 and 2. It looks bleak for them.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
That third goal was SOFT :( He did make a ton of great saves last night while the rest of his team played poorly in front of him, but he had a 3-1 cushion and they couldn't hold on. He had no chance on the overtime goal because his defensemen (i didn't catch who it was) didn't take away the pass like he is supposed to.

Wings are done, I can now cancel cable for the summer and get off the couch and enjoy the weather...
I think it was Rafalski. What was better was the shot at the other end that missed the net by 6 feet and ended up being a perfect breakout pass for the Sharks.

And come on Holmstrom runs goalie interference about 8 times a game.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
It was Rafalski on the GWG...I thought Howard was caught leaning on that one too. And the Holmstom call was correct...he only shoved the Shark D-man (Boyle?) into Nabby...again, and again and again. But, that call has not been made so many times before...it is a kind of fishy time for the refs to start.

And was it just me, or did the Joe empty out after the Sharks tied the score?

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
It was Rafalski on the GWG...I thought Howard was caught leaning on that one too. And the Holmstom call was correct...he only shoved the Shark D-man (Boyle?) into Nabby...again, and again and again. But, that call has not been made so many times before...it is a kind of fishy time for the refs to start.
And was it just me, or did the Joe empty out after the Sharks tied the score?
That was more my complaint.

Joe was still pretty packed up until overtime, but the second that goal was scored man that place emptied in about 2.2 seconds.

Howard was caught leaning, but I still blame the defenseman for not taking away the pass. Wings definitely got caught deep on the other end...not smart in overtime.

I predict they will win game 4, however I would not be surprised in the least to see them get swept.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
GO HOME FLYERS! I loved Richard's big open ice hit that lead to a goal. What was up with the place emptying with 3 minutes to go.

Hawks/Vancouver on right now. I love the playoffs.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
GO HOME FLYERS! I loved Richard's big open ice hit that lead to a goal. What was up with the place emptying with 3 minutes to go.

Hawks/Vancouver on right now. I love the playoffs.
your hatred for them is amusing.

Last edited:

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
John Boruk reporting that Krejci has a broken wrist and will be getting surgery in Philadelphia and is out for the series and likely season.

Hope this report is wrong...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Hawks - Nucks is what playoff hockey is all aboot...this is a GAME! Go Hawks!

Edit- Great finish! You stay classy Vancouver!

Last edited:

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Hawks - Nucks is what playoff hockey is all aboot...this is a GAME! Go Hawks!

Edit- Great finish! You stay classy Vancouver!
Lou was down right horrible last night as usual in big games. Could he control any rebound? And Big Byf for USA team captain 2014.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
John Boruk reporting that Krejci has a broken wrist and will be getting surgery in Philadelphia and is out for the series and likely season.

Hope this report is wrong...
me too, Krejci is a big part of that offense. Have you heard anything about mcquaid? Hopefully, Stuart is ready to come back if hes going to miss some time. Who else do the B's have for D-men, Bodnarchuk?

Who do the B's play instead of krejci, marchand?

splat

Nam I am
I don't think Boston will sweep - but they will win in 5 is my prediction.
I Agree.

me too, Krejci is a big part of that offense. Have you heard anything about mcquaid? Hopefully, Stuart is ready to come back if hes going to miss some time. Who else do the B's have for D-men, Bodnarchuk?

Who do the B's play instead of krejci, marchand?
Kreici is going to be a big loss.