Quantcast

2010 Pro DH Atherton line?

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way

Funny, I was just talking to a buddy today. He mentioned that they were actually made by Shimano. I looked into them today, and CRC doesn't have any in stock. At least the stem that is.

EVRAC

Monkey
Jun 21, 2004
Port Coquitlam, B.C., Canada
The nicest item is the new Atherton grips, which have an internal locking clamp on the outboard edge instead of the external clamp. Means you can run your hands close to the ends of your bars and not be resting on metal.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
ill be ordering the stem and mabey the bar for the spring just to test them out, im pretty pumped though. I do like the uber light dh post they have

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Since when is 250g uber light for a super short cut-off post?

The road stuff (shimano 'pro') has been around for a while. I think the reason it is not so well know is most of it is ho-hum...more of a way for Shimano to keep riders from finding other/additional sponsors than anything else...

For MTB, it looks to me like they almost got bar sizes figured out (I should hope so) but the other parts to me look almost unfinished...angular and sharp edges all over...very OEM IMO.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
You always find the friendliest, nicest people here.:rolleyes:
And the most over reactionary sensitive folks are the ones who just discovered internet forums.

I just thought it was funny you thought you had to qualify that. :D

I AM a fanboy because I think Dan Atherton has the best teeth in England. I find it offensive that someone would not be FULLY on board with the atherton brand™. You hurt my feelings.

Also...that stem looks pretty legit. I bet I could steer the fvck out of my front wheel with that thing.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
And the most over reactionary sensitive folks are the ones who just discovered internet forums.

I AM a fanboy because I think Dan Atherton has the best teeth in England. I find it offensive that someone would not be FULLY on board with the atherton brand™. You hurt my feelings.

Also...that stem looks pretty legit. I bet I could steer the fvck out of my front wheel with that thing.
F'n classic!!! I love it!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Their logo makes me think of those 'family' stickers on the back of minivans...

Two gay men and an adopted little girl..........??

Well played sir, well played. I guess I was a little sensitive, forums have a way of doing that to me. So we cool?:thumb:

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I think the stuff looks good. I just might get that seatpost. Just looked at the webstore, the shirts give me a nice Kraftwerk vibe.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I think that's probably legit. He was talking about his photo shoot in an episode of The Atherton Project.

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
You always find the friendliest, nicest people here.:rolleyes:
Your kneepads and bib give you away as the king fanboy/fellator, despite the disclaimer kidwoo pointed out.

OH BOY! Atherton-approved parts! Gosh, what did I ride before they were sold?