Quantcast

2010 RM Flatline

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think they need to tweak the downtube near the headtube - that crease there is a recipe for bending a frame. Other than that its a sweet bike.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
No bad at all and it has proven itself in the WC too. Really nice specs. Seems like more and there is more consensus about what a good DH bike is.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
I think they need to tweak the downtube near the headtube - that crease there is a recipe for bending a frame. Other than that its a sweet bike.
I think that's the point. Bend instead of snap. Same strength different failure type.

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
i don't want to rag on them or anything, but just explaining how to adjust your stanctions, which usually if not always is adjustable on every bike, is a sh*t way to say you have adjustable geo. what's unique to bikes that actually have adjustable head tubes is the unchanged stack height. It's kind of a joke to ad 1/2 inch of stack height to adjust your head angle.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
i don't want to rag on them or anything, but just explaining how to adjust your stanctions, which usually if not always is adjustable on every bike, is a sh*t way to say you have adjustable geo. what's unique to bikes that actually have adjustable head tubes is the unchanged stack height. It's kind of a joke to ad 1/2 inch of stack height to adjust your head angle.
agree 100%. i think though that the article was written by a pinkbike journalist and not RM (edit: rocky mountian, not ridemonkey). if i did read things correctly though, it has a 1.5 headtube which allows for angle cups, flush headsets, and other similar angle adjustments...

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Where is the crease on the downtube????? the old model sure had a crease...but the new one looks straight as an arrow to me.:think:

I didn't read anywhere where it was said that you ad 1/2 inch to adjust your head angle?????:rolleyes:
What i did read (and have read the same elsewhere) was that the frame has a much shorter headtube then average(lower stack height) thus giving more room to adjust fork height an by default tweak your head angle...... I'm guessing the flip flop stem would come in handy here to keep your handlebar height constant ish.

Nice bike from RM its about time they built a proper DH bike an not some kinda huck monster..... shows what having an listening to a good race team can do too:thumb:

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
I didn't read anywhere where it was said that you ad 1/2 inch to adjust your head angle?????:rolleyes:
What i did read (and have read the same elsewhere) was that the frame has a much shorter headtube then average(lower stack height) thus giving more room to adjust fork height an by default tweak your head angle
This simple 15mm adjustment will adjust the head tube 1 degree slacker, or steeper.
Sorry, I should have said 0.590551181"

Maybe i misinterpreted the the article but after reading the first post how he talked about adjustable geometry, I thought that was their idea of adjustable geometry.

Fully

Chimp
Aug 22, 2007
Yeah, what he said. :mad:
Uh, try 2 lbs, read the article again. The frame itself dropped 2 lbs over the former Flatline.... The rest of the 5 lbs is from switching from Marz to Fox/RS :D. THis bike looks sick, and handmade in Van. My next bike!:thumb: