Quantcast

2010 Snowmass Race - Hell's Kitchen

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
A video put together by my team, Neverest, from the Snowmass race last year.

You can see the theme after a few seconds:thumbsup:

Our rider Lana pass a dude who crashes 1:50 Ride like a girl and maybe you'll be fine.

Hell's Kitchen on Vimeo

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
what makes this section so challenging? It does look steep, but it looks smooth. doesn't look that wet either.

loved the guy who ghost rides his bike and runs down after it :rofl:

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
There's an off camber rock garden going into it, it's behind the trees that's why some guys are crashing there. That makes it tricky to line up the steep section, and the 90 degree corner is full of baby heads. It gets steep and loose after the corner too. Each thing isn't so bad, but when you line them all up it gets tricky.

It rained a bit that morning so the CO moon dust was at a minimum. In reality most folks make it through there just fine or only with a dab/bobble. But anyone who's raced that course over the years will likely have 1 time they ate sh!t in that section.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Definitely looked slick in the first few shots. You can tell it dried out quick though bc the second half of the vid is no raincoats and dusty roost. I'm sure its steep and gnarly in person, I think we all know everything looks easy on video.

Oh yeah and props on the beast premium, I prefer Ice myself, but you're keepin' it real nonetheless.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
OMG that is effing hilarious. Having done that section my fair share, I'd say that's pure gold right there.

No, its not that hard, but as you can tell some peeps had some issues. I think a dude broke his hip there one year. Crazy!

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Haha... the bowling ball effect was a nice touch. Looks like he took out a nice camera.

And what was up with the last rider shoving their bike down the trail?

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
And what was up with the last rider shoving their bike down the trail?
I can't remember what went wrong, but I remember her saying something about a mechanical and she was super pissed off.

No, its not that hard,
I've followed you down Helter Skelter, Old 9, PBR, etc and you make those look easy. I did finally get Helter Skelter after watching you though so thanks:thumb:

One year it was pouring at Snowmass, I had a crapy run in the wet. But I am proud to say I cleaned this section in the mud!

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I rode that back in 2005 in moon dust conditions and it looks way easier now. Back then the upper section was a deep rut and much narrower. While I thought it could sneak up and bite you it just looks like typical cat 1 and cat 2 guys riding there.

Thanks for the vid. It was worth a few laughs.