2010 Triple Crown Series Date Changes

RTaylor

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
2010 Triple Crown Race Series:
Race #1 – June 5
Race #2 – July 10
Race #3 – August 7

These race dates have been changed to accommodate Beech Mountain Resort activities and to not conflict with the 2010 National Champs race. Hawksnest has indicated schedule changes as well, so the Triple Crown Series should not conflict with those events.

Triple Crown races will now be held on Saturdays only to accommodate promoter’s, volunteer’s and resort employee’s schedules. There will be no Pro qualifying to allow for more practice time. Thanks in advance for your understanding, and get ready for improvements and new features on the DH track!

Triple Crown Race Day Schedule – All Race Dates:
Practice - 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Race Starts - 2:30 pm
Awards to follow race at View Haus Deck

More information will be posted as it becomes available.

Ryan

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
We are planning on either postponing or canceling the first race at hawksnest. The long hard winter has left the mountain pretty ravaged and talks with management about progressing the mountain bike program have been frustrating to say the least. We will have some concrete information on race dates, new trailbuilding, and public (non-race) access sometime later this week. We're still working hard to bring the southeast a great riding and racing venue and we appreciate everyone's support and patience.

Whatever changes happen, nothing will conflict with Beech dates. We are down with any and all legal downhilling the high country has to offer.

Last edited:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Got any lights? Run Friday night slalom! I would come up to practice on Fridays and race Friday night under the lights would be Bad Ass! Or if not slalom what about having a couple hours of shuttle on Friday Evenings for an additional charge?
I think Friday night slalom with some rockin tunes and a few brews for the fans would be a blast and go over pretty well.

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
There was mention in the other thread that there would be other trails available to ride this year. Will those trails be open for riding during the race?

RTaylor

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
There was mention in the other thread that there would be other trails available to ride this year. Will those trails be open for riding during the race?
...still working on this for us. I will post information as it becomes available.

Ryan

RTaylor

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
Slalom racing is questionable - the previously unused slope I hoped to build the track on now might not be available. A late season - September or October - race might be possible.

Ryan

Jun 4, 2008
Pisgah
No slalom or 4x in the south.That sucks! Gonna have to run BMX just to get in a gate beside someone. All us slalom racers need to get togeather and get a underground series started.Clemson has a nice course with start gate open to public.Everyone throw in ten bucks winner takes all.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
A bud of mine was told by a guy ID'ing himself as Ryan's roommate, no Beech races at all. And this rumor was passed on to me by a 2nd guy. Can you clarify Ryan?

Hate to go pushing the panic button, but sounded pretty convincing. It being 3rd person, I'll sit tight to hear from the source.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
Sounds like a crock to me...the folks at Beech seem pretty stoked on getting bikes up there any way they can. I'm betting there will be a race up there whether its because of Ryan or not.

vinnycactus

Monkey
May 27, 2004
Matthews, NC
A bud of mine was told by a guy ID'ing himself as Ryan's roommate, no Beech races at all. And this rumor was passed on to me by a 2nd guy. Can you clarify Ryan?

Hate to go pushing the panic button, but sounded pretty convincing. It being 3rd person, I'll sit tight to hear from the source.
If true, I'm going to kill a kitten..........then eat it.

RTaylor

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
To All:

I currently am working out the race details with Beech. Last year's series was good, and we are working on ways to make this year better for both the racers and race workers/volunteers.

Due to mud, the first race is probably going to be cancelled - with a potential make-up date later in the year.

I will post more information as soon as possible.

Ryan

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
To All:

I currently am working out the race details with Beech. Last year's series was good, and we are working on ways to make this year better for both the racers and race workers/volunteers.

Due to mud, the first race is probably going to be cancelled - with a potential make-up date later in the year.

I will post more information as soon as possible.

Ryan
Good deal Ryan. The guy ID'ing himself as your roommate scared the bejebuss out of my buddie. If you'd like, I can nuke my previous post.:thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Or you can not post sh!t like that in the first place, thus contributing to useless gossip and creating unnecessary drama. :think:
Am I the only one who read this:
Due to mud, the first race is probably going to be cancelled - with a potential make-up date later in the year

Pretty sure the gossip was from the guy who started it, not me. I may have perpetuated it, but be pissed at him. All I wanted to know was if it's legit or not. We've all got summer long schedules laden down with advance planning and big hopes and dreams of races going off this year and paving the way for at least a single bike park. Forgive me if I was genuinely concerned.

RTaylor

Chimp
Mar 30, 2009
The mud section before the stepdown will be addressed to drain water off of the trail, not down it. I suspect it will still be a bit wet no matter what is done, but my goal is to make it much better than last year for sure.

Ryan

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Might I suggest several planned volunteer work days with food sponsored by a local deli on the mountain as incentive for the worker bees? i've dug trail with only a few people at a time, but several groups of 3-5 at once gets tons more done and leaves more time for riding your creations. :D