Quantcast

2010 vs. 2011 RC4

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
Is there any significant upgrade or difference between the 2010 and 2011 RC4 that might convince someone to get one rather than the other?

Thanks.

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
They had a bit of a problem with the first batch of RC4 but it was fixed right away...so 2011 should be 100% safe, as for 2010 it depends which generation you are getting.The groove where the compression setting knobs are sitting didnt have enough material ( too shallow ) for the retainer c-clip to stay in and could blow off...now if you are buying it brand new from the shop it would be warranty but if you are buying it used, you might have to pay to have it fix, IF IT DOES blow up on you.

Other than this , I dont think there is any significant upgrades performance wise between the 2

Last edited:

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
They had a bit of a problem with the first batch of RC4 but it was fixed right away...so 2011 should be 100% safe, as for 2010 it depends which generation you are getting.The groove where the compression setting knobs are sitting didnt have enough material ( too shallow ) for the retainer c-clip to stay in and could blow off...now if you are buying it brand new from the shop it would be warranty but if you are buying it used, you might have to pay to have it fix, IF IT DOES blow up on you.

Other than this , I dont think there is any significant upgrades performance wise between the 2
I think that occurred to my rc4 on sunday as I hit a compression, it made a large bang, spat oil and was instant pogo stick. The area around the lsc and lsc adjusments was all blown apart. At first i thought i broke a shock mount bolt.

What type of experience have rc4 users had with Fox under this situation? Curious to the potential rebuild cost or warranty.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
They will take care of you if you are first owner and within warranty, and if not, you will usually get taken care of for just the cost of a service (as in, you pay for a regular service and the neck assembly will be replaced with the updated version under warranty).

In short, talk to your Fox dealer or service center.