Quantcast

2010 Windrock Fall Fest

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The 2010 edition of the Windrock Fall Festival is scheduled for Oct. 23rd and 24th. Same setup as before. It will be going down the same weekend as the Windrock ATV Jamboree so we would like to limit shuttle vehicles. That means we will arrange for 2 vehicles that can carry 20-30 riders per run.

-A donation for gas money to each driver would be appreciated.
-We will have another raffle.
-Beverages and food will be donated for consumption.
-If you want to camp, please make reservations ASAP.

If you have anything to toss in the raffle or would like to donate food, etc. please PM me. All proceeds go to tools and materials for trail building.

If you have not been to Windrock this is THE time to go. The weather is perfect, the trails will be buffed, and the scene is great. This is a fun ride type of event with lots of high fives and smiles.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge

You hang with the wrong crowd then. Look how awesome these guys are.

Plus we are trying to get these guys to show up and preform AC/DC cover songs.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Think I will plan to make it this time, but will still be rocking the 6" bike. Think I can manage it. I will see if I can come up with anything for the raffle for you guys!!!!!

Cecil

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
This just in!!!! New at the Fall Fest will be Mini Bike Jousting

This will deside the Title for the South East Ridemonkey E-Blasting Champ!!!!! It's been a close points race all year, but in the end there can only be one!!!!

Cecil:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
oct. 8th left rotator cuff surgery, and i just now got back to riding from my right shoulder seperation, i will come if someone hands me a camera or a spatula for some bugger flippn! other than that ill be useless.

Last edited:

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
If you consider 200lb broads w/ smokes hangin from there mouths while chuggin a beer scootin up the mountain on 4 wheelers hot....then bring your cologne and pick up lines:D .
You're forgetting wearing nothing but a pair of goggles for head protection.

I feel like kind of hypocrite for saying that since I've done the same thing while riding the RZR, but it at least has like an 1/8" steel roll cage...

fox_shox

Chimp
Sep 6, 2010
Knoxville
Hi guys, I'm thinking of coming to Windrock for the first time! I'm new to the DH scene, but have been riding AM for about a 2 years. Anyway, I'll be riding a friends Glory DH, would this be a good time to ride for the first time? I have experience in technical riding and and berms and all the goodness, just not the jumps. What to you think, should I come to the festival? I don't want to hold up the riders.

Thanks

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
The fall fest is a great time to come ride no matter your skill level. But being from Knoxville you should come ride with us locals asap. We rode three straight days this weekend.

fox_shox

Chimp
Sep 6, 2010
Knoxville
Yeah, I might have to take you up on that offer sometime. How you you rate the trails for a beginner DH'er? I've looked at all the pics and videos I can, but I still don't think I could handle some sections.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
It's not to difficult as long as you know your limits and when you should be stepping off and going around. I'm sure if you ask someone they'll do a run with you and show the best lines. I know if I hadn't gone to fall fest last year and actually got to ride with a lot of people I wouldn't have/still wouldn't be riding over a few sections.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
For a beginner I would rate Windrock as advanced or expert. However as Jekyll says anything can be walked around. Just put your ego aside and take baby steps and you'll be fine. Our easiest trail is relatively flat by Windrock standards and great one to warm up on. I don't think we have any death defying trails, but we do have some steeps and a few rocks. All of our jumps have go-arounds. So if you look before you ride you should be fine.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
I should definitely be there! Windrock was awesome over the weekend. Time to rebuild my fork, change tires, and get new brake pads!

AndyPav

Chimp
Sep 8, 2010
Columbus GA
IF i can make it down there, i have a 4x4 truck but no trailer, i would have no issue dragging people up as long as i get to ride : )

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I am working on the Isuzu dump truck again. Plus Josh's trailer. But we would need a truck to pull the trailer. Pretty much all donations for shuttling go to the driver for letting us borrow their vehicle.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
fo' shizzel
fo' shizz, I want to make it soo bad. I haven't been out there in many years. i don't wanna pull a butch:rofl: so what kind of donations to drivers are considered reasonable.

Ha and if I can make it maybe I should offer up the rear triangle that was slaughtered by windrock last time it was there. doug might remember me standing on the side at one of the races many years ago trying to get my wheel to stay on so i could ride down after a side of the dropouts got ripped off. good ole 2003 bighit...
I think that would be more of a joke give away. in the fashion of the dirty birds masters prizes

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I think in past years we have asked for $5-$10 per person in addition to the $18 fee Coal Creek gets. Keep in mind that the gas donations go the owners of the shuttle rigs.

Here ya go Jason. Timestamp 35 seconds.

TURBOLVR

Chimp
Feb 9, 2006
Since i won't be riding i will be manning the Windrock Massage Trailer at no charge !!! for all of your wives, girlfriends, and/or sisters at no cost so please bring the ladies.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
I think in past years we have asked for $5-$10 per person in addition to the $18 fee Coal Creek gets. Keep in mind that the gas donations go the owners of the shuttle rigs.

Here ya go Jason. Timestamp 35 seconds.

ahhhhh... I remember you or maybe someone else saying there was video. I actually ripped apart the dropoff before the race run where I went plowing through a couple trees and my wheel fell off. So it was basically just failure waiting to happen.

I love how it looks like the tree just came out and clotheslined me then for the next few shots you can still see me down there trying to get the wheel to go back on.

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Watching that again, I see lots of famous Southerns in there. Who can anyone name the most? I'm in there doing a sweet tripod.

Last edited:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
I can name 10 in no particular order:
Neil Beytagh
Doug F
John Roberts
Ryan
Julina Tofano(could also b Magnuson on the giant)
The Nuttypoolog
Chris Wyatt
Your truly
That parrot having chick....Cody? (crashed at 1st road crossing)
Jason (no front wheel)

Last edited:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Damn. You got almost all. I think there is an Addair brother in there as well. Plus a Bizutch. I figured you would have got Poston and Webbs as well. But that is Julian trying to go down the bog. That race had some serious FAIL going on.

Not Cody, but Kote. Last I saw her she and Kircalde were knocking boots.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Damn. You got almost all. I think there is an Addair brother in there as well. Plus a Bizutch. I figured you would have got Poston and Webbs as well. But that is Julian trying to go down the bog. That race had some serious FAIL going on.

Not Cody, but Kote. Last I saw her she and Kircalde were knocking boots.
I saw Butch but I didn't want to promote him with out his ok. Plus he wasn't in a suit during his video segment so I don't think its legit. :rofl:

I caught Poston and Webb but I was only posting up on the race footage since I couldn't figure out where they were riding.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I saw Butch but I didn't want to promote him with out his ok. Plus he wasn't in a suit during his video segment so I don't think its legit. :rofl:

I caught Poston and Webb but I was only posting up on the race footage since I couldn't figure out where they were riding.
Did I see Chris Warren?

I'll see your history lesson and raise you one Milby Production:
Produce_10.flv video by bizutch - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vidmg.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v468/bizutch/Produce_10.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vidmg@@AMEPARAM@@mg@@AMEPARAM@@v468/bizutch/Produce_10