Quantcast

2010 Windrock Fall Fest

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
I'll be there if I pull together a bike in time. Haven't ridden DH in 3 years, but now that I live in the middle of the country I better get back on a bike or get fat, maybe both.

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Yup, just pulled together a dh bike and will for sure be there. It was a hard decision to get back into dh after years of not riding, but high fives and buffed trails brings back good memories.

Where do you guys meet at?

Anybody camping?

I'll be driving from Louisville so if anybody wants to car pool hit me up.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
I had to put this quote here:

"Some place with Rocks, Roots, and Steep runs, a place where the beer flows from a Can like there is no tomorrow, where Fat Red Neck women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano because of 4 wheelers and camo. I'm talking about a little place called Windrock."

Cecil

gobighitmtb

Chimp
Jul 26, 2009
IL
Yup, just pulled together a dh bike and will for sure be there. It was a hard decision to get back into dh after years of not riding, but high fives and buffed trails brings back good memories.

Anybody camping?

I know us Chicago guys will be camping at frozen head stat park where the high fives and Beer flow late into the night. This then usually result in us taping as many light as we can find to our helmets and then doing drunken night rides down the hiking trails followed by more beer and bratwurst.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I know us Chicago guys will be camping at frozen head stat park where the high fives and Beer flow late into the night. This then usually result in us taping as many light as we can find to our helmets and then doing drunken night rides down the hiking trails followed by more beer and bratwurst.
That sounds a lot like what my crew will be doing, but with lots of fireworks thrown into the mix...

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
Nice! So Frozen Head is the spot to camp and witness drunken flashlight riding while the guys from NC shot at them with bottle rockets! Awesome. Is that where the trails end or is it a drive to the trails?

gobighitmtb

Chimp
Jul 26, 2009
IL
its about a 20min drive to the trails from Frozen head.... We usually skip the fireworks and go straight to sticking cans of aerosol pancake mix in the fire.

AndyPav

Chimp
Sep 8, 2010
Columbus GA

Anybody camping?

im driving down with one other person. i have a dodge truck, ur more than willing to tag along if u wanna pitch in for gas. my buddy is camping but i may be staying in a hotel...hit me back!

Shall I sign a waiver indicating I will only give them to children on site. No off site give away allowed?:p

Your talking to someone who is a pro snatcher. Over 20 mardi gras parades where krewes throw all kinds of trinkets has honed my mad skill at grabbing stuff mid air like michael jordan.
Watch out
:weee:

Actually its kinda a moot point as schwag is raffled off and no throwing.:rolleyes:
Oh well

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
How about posting some directions to this thing.And what time is it starting - I usually get up a 4am.
It's easier to get there visually I swear than to use google.

One guy told me in passing years ago and I got there easy.

I-40 to Pellisipi Parkway/Oak Ridge.
Drive 10 minutes and through Oak Ridge.
5-10 minutes past town...
Cross 3 small bridges in a row named after guys.
Turn Right at the end of the 3rd bridge. (Windrock Rd)
Drive to the end of the road
Don't make eye contact:thumb:

motobutane

Monkey
Apr 27, 2010
WNC
It's easier to get there visually I swear than to use google.

One guy told me in passing years ago and I got there easy.

I-40 to Pellisipi Parkway/Oak Ridge.
Drive 10 minutes and through Oak Ridge.
5-10 minutes past town...
Cross 3 small bridges in a row named after guys.
Turn Right at the end of the 3rd bridge. (Windrock Rd)
Drive to the end of the road
Don't make eye contact:thumb:
Thanks Butch, Yeah its like come-on up and ride...but where is up???