Quantcast

2010 Windrock Fall Fest

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
I'm working on getting you guys a bunch of gear for the raffle. Softgoods are a definite, and I'm just waiting on approval for some bars, stems, and cranks as well. I'll coordinate with Jason on getting everything down there.

FYI,
--JP

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
John,
Who are you with now?
I accepted an offer from Race Face a few weeks back:
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/4491.html

I also got word back this afternoon that all the stuff I requested for your raffle has been approved. Look for a bunch of jerseys, shorts, and T's as well as some handle bars, stems, and cranks. I hope it helps to raise some more money for trail maintenance!

--JP

I also got word back this afternoon that all the stuff I requested for your raffle has been approved. Look for a bunch of jerseys, shorts, and T's as well as some handle bars, stems, and cranks. I hope it helps to raise some more money for trail maintenance!

--JP

Thanks alot . All proceeds go to trails.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
No worries, guys! I've ridden there a couple times and never done a lick of trail work, so pitching in with product is the least I could do. I'm just bummed that some family commitments will keep me from joining y'all that weekend.

BTW, we should be able to pitch in some armor as well.

Good luck with the raffle!

JP

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina

--JP
Congrats Bro!!! Glad to see you helping the guys out!!!

Cecil

roperacer

Monkey
Aug 17, 2009
chattanooga tn
surgery is done!!!! ive got some freakn pmi rope tied to my muscles in my shoulder,weird,,, with that said,,, i for sure planning on being there,,flippn burgers,,shuttles if needed,,and maybe some video, ill try to get all the ttc guys out there also,,, they give me oxycontin for pain,thats crazy!!!! haha pics coming soon,,
http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages#!/photo.php?fbid=166679460012551&set=a.101725759841255.4187.100000114949475&pid=627385&id=100000114949475
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=166679446679219&set=a.101725759841255.4187.100000114949475&pid=627384&id=100000114949475

Last edited:

b-flat

Chimp
Oct 7, 2010
First time heading up there this year -totally psyched. Is there a map of the place online somewhere?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
That is just the OHV stuff (southern side only). There is no real trail map for the DH stuff. The trail head the lower DH trails is at the intersection of P1 and 24. The Windmill stuff is off G1.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
first time missing the fall WR trip since 2003. Have to go to Europe for work that weekend. A bunch of guys from our crew are heading down. Have fun guys.

Doug: we riding MX sometime this winter? Maybe Lake City one day and Red Bird, KY the next?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I've been looking forward to this since having an absolutely EPIC time last year but unfortunately a good friend decided to get married that same weekend. :think:

So I guess I'm stuck going to that although I'll be missing the sh1t out of WR that weekend. :(

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I've been looking forward to this since having an absolutely EPIC time last year but unfortunately a good friend decided to get married that same weekend. :think:

So I guess I'm stuck going to that although I'll be missing the sh1t out of WR that weekend. :(
I've been looking forward to this since having an absolutely EPIC time last year but unfortunately I, yet again, have no working downhill bike. What the **** is up with this?

So I guess I'm stuck sitting at home doing nothing and be missing the sh1t out of WR that weekend.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Whatcha need to get your bike rolling?
Dont miss the fall ride
Haha, I need a frame. :think:

I have been waiting over four months on evil for a warranty for my revolt that probably won't ever happen.

And I have a cracked swingarm on my 2006 morewood izimu. I got it rewelded (apparently not as well as it looked) since two races later the crack is four times bigger than it originally was.

Time to look into a new downhill bike, except that now money is essentially non existent after these losses. My wall is looking pretty sweet adorned with some frames though.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Calling all big trucks.

The Isuzu people mover is out for this year. So we are back to trucks and trailers. We have two trailers. I'd like to see if anyone has a 3/4 ton truck and would like to take a few runs up and down the hill on Saturday, so the same two trucks are not used all day. Of course the donation money for shuttles will get split amongst trucks to pay for fuel. On Sunday we can go back to personal shuttles or get the trailers running again if needed. Thanks.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Calling all big trucks.

The Isuzu people mover is out for this year. So we are back to trucks and trailers. We have two trailers. I'd like to see if anyone has a 3/4 ton truck and would like to take a few runs up and down the hill on Saturday, so the same two trucks are not used all day. Of course the donation money for shuttles will get split amongst trucks to pay for fuel. On Sunday we can go back to personal shuttles or get the trailers running again if needed. Thanks.
Somebody call Brady down from the Northeast! :(

Hmmm...people with giant work trucks:
Matt Adams
Ben Gidney
Chris Herndon
Aaron Gordon

At Beech, there were about 3 other big diesels in the parking lot. One has a duelly and I think it's in his RM sig too. Even that one E350 van was a diesel. Now how cool of a luxury ride up would that be?

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
I'll ask my dad about using the Sierra, the times I've asked him before he didn't seem to enthusiastic about the idea, but he also probably thought we were going all the way to the top, the bottom half may not be so worrisome for him.

There's also the problem of loading/unloading the fifth wheel receiver that weighs as much as I do.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
All bikes and riders will be on the trailer. No need for the bed to be clear.

I'll have my truck as well. I just want to get a pool of trucks to rotate. Pulling the trailer isn't a big deal. Its usually people not being respectful jumping in and out of the bed with knee pads scraping the paint up.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I guess we know who does NOT get a ride in my truck.

As a matter of fact my truck already has scratch from Metal Dude from his handlebar. :rant:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Goodies are starting to role in for the raffle.

Cane Creek, Industry Nine, Specialized Tires, and Race Face so far.
Can I buy some tickets even if I will not be there? If I win, will I get the goods? I figure I have better chances of winning if I am not there since I can't seem to win when I am there.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
I guess we know who does NOT get a ride in my truck.

As a matter of fact my truck already has scratch from Metal Dude from his handlebar. :rant:
Sarcasm dude I was quoting the attitude of most guys out there.
Are you just givin me sh!te or did I really scratch your ride with my bars?
I always try to be respectful and careful with everyones bikes and trucks
Sorry if I scratched her for sure. I just had a dude helping me load some
crap on my truck just smash right into the side of my truck with a steel pole.
It put a tiny scratch but, I was like damn it's just a work truck don't worry about it!

Last edited: