Quantcast

2010 World Chamionships Mont Sainte-Anne - Live Thread

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Damn. So all the other races were free but this one we have to pay for? That sucks.

I don't mind paying at all.

But very concerned the Helmet Cam video barely streams...anyone have any idea what is going on....?....

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Interesting.

10 junior women, seriously?? I feel like I comment on the women's numbers a bit but that is seriously disappointing for the sport!

Can't be long 'till mens kicks off is it?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
What does DNF mean in timed practice? that the rider started their run but weren't able to finish? that's what I'm assuming. So if a rider doesn't finish their timed practice run, should we assume that they are injured? I'm wondering what happened to Rob Fraser of Canada....

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
What does DNF mean in timed practice? that the rider started their run but weren't able to finish? that's what I'm assuming. So if a rider doesn't finish their timed practice run, should we assume that they are injured?
thats what im thinking....it could mean they just had a mechanical or they were injured. Leov and Smith have split times, but no finish time.
a lot of the top riders dont even have a time

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
What does DNF mean in timed practice? that the rider started their run but weren't able to finish? that's what I'm assuming. So if a rider doesn't finish their timed practice run, should we assume that they are injured? I'm wondering what happened to Rob Fraser of Canada....
Still Injured From Windham.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Quite interesting comparing the senior/junior mens times, kinda looks like your boy Neko was gunning it in practice. Not trying to take anything away from him, just an observation. Agree/disagree?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Quite interesting comparing the senior/junior mens times, kinda looks like your boy Neko was gunning it in practice. Not trying to take anything away from him, just an observation. Agree/disagree?
maybe so, but he has been up there riding the course, so maybe he knows the ninja lines already.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Is the schedule at worlds always the same? It kinda seems a bit screwed up practice wise with only an hour a day after Tuesday.

4x qualifying tonight as well :)

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Unless you are watching video how do you know what anybody was doing? I'm not saying one way or another but there certainly is a lot of negativity about the US scene coming from the UK. I mean really, we're sorry about the tea, but the stuff kinda sucks anyways.:D

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Unless you are watching video how do you know what anybody was doing? I'm not saying one way or another but there certainly is a lot of negativity about the US scene coming from the UK. I mean really, we're sorry about the tea, but the stuff kinda sucks anyways.:D
Er, like he said, it was just an observation. Chill yer boots :) Neko's only qualified & finished in one WC this year, and he was the 5th (of 5) juniors in the finals. For him to be schooling Brosnan does indeed POSSIBLY suggest that he was trying a bit harder than the others.

Or, alternatively, maybe the track just really suits him or he knows it really well. Who knows.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
No negativity coming from me, just making observations based on the timing. Where did you read that in my post? I just enjoy discussing this while I'm waiting for race day, so stoked on racing waiting for the weekend feels like a lifetime!

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Er, like he said, it was just an observation. Chill yer boots :) Neko's only qualified & finished in one WC this year, and he was the 5th (of 5) juniors in the finals. For him to be schooling Brosnan does indeed POSSIBLY suggest that he was trying a bit harder than the others.

Or, alternatively, maybe the track just really suits him or he knows it really well. Who knows.

He has been injured ALL year and he did only start that one World Cup. Technically he still is recovering and is probably not in top form. If he would have been able to compete all year I am confident he would have posted a few top 10 results in the Elites. Just my observation.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I read it as "for Neko to do so well everybody must have been coasting, and he was pinning it". May have been the case, may not of, but I watch his results somewhat closely because one of my riding buddies has traded spots on the podium with in the past few years. I've always thought he should be racing WC's himself but thats another story..

Regardless, even if the top men 10 secs and he stays the same, that's a pretty damn good result. Of course none of this matters considering it's just quali's, but yeah I'm stoked and considering jumping in the car for the 6 hr ride up for finals!

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Regardless, even if the top men 10 secs and he stays the same, that's a pretty damn good result. Of course none of this matters considering it's just quali's, but yeah I'm stoked and considering jumping in the car for the 6 hr ride up for finals!
It's not qualifying, just timed runs. I wouldn't read to much into it.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I read it as "for Neko to do so well everybody must have been coasting, and he was pinning it". May have been the case, may not of, but I watch his results somewhat closely because one of my riding buddies has traded spots on the podium with in the past few years. I've always thought he should be racing WC's himself but thats another story..

So why didn't you just say that in your first post - monkeyfcuker was clearly just making an observation. He even asked if you agreed or disagreed with his interpretation.

This is exactly the sort of thing that makes Americans easy targets to bash on ;)