Quantcast

2010 World Chamionships Mont Sainte-Anne - Live Thread

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
article says Blenki rides tube-d wheels (vs. tubeless) caus' it's more rigid. wtf?
Minnaar said the same thing about occasionally running tubes during his tubeless Honda days. Tube adds a bit of thickness to the sidewall, thus making for a more rigid feeling sidewall? I'm assuming that's what they mean, I've always used tubes so I have no opinion on the matter . . .

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
"Buy your code" What don't you understand here? Were you not around at the beginning of the year? Do you not recall seeing the ad in the bottom of EVERY mtb video on freecaster reminding you to "BUY YOUR WORLD CHAMPS CODE"? Because I saw every one. I didn't hope on the few and far between sayings that it may be free. And I'll be watching 4X in 2 minutes.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Minnaar said the same thing about occasionally running tubes during his tubeless Honda days. Tube adds a bit of thickness to the sidewall, thus making for a more rigid feeling sidewall? I'm assuming that's what they mean, I've always used tubes so I have no opinion on the matter . . .
I guess that makes sense. if we always say that tubeless is more "compliant" I guess the corollary is that tubes are more rigid. I didn't think that was a positive trait in tires, but I suppose that at those speeds, and with those cornering forces, rigid=good. or at least that tubeless isn't rigid enough.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Why would it be free for you in Canada? Where are people misreading that it is free? Ever since the first race of the year required payment, freecaster has said World Champs will not be free, all season there have been ads before every race to get your access code. Did you think it was going to change the day of racing after being that way all season?
I think it has also been mentioned many times that it was supposed to be free for people in canada.
Like Dhracer said, it's been mentioned many, many times that it was suppose to be free, and from people that have something to do with the coverage.
freecaster wrote it in their press release. which now seems to have disappeared from the website. :think:

Never got a code when my brother paid, hopefully they wont be a pain when he tries to get a refund. I ended up having to buy another one with my account. Code came right away, but we missed half the first round after trying to figure out where his code was... All in all pretty disappointed, froze a few times during really important parts of the race, including the mens small final, didn't get to see how any of that sorted out. Came back just in time to see the finish. I never complain when its free, but when were paying $20 ($40 till my brother gets his refund) for this, it should work.:disgust1:

Despite that, the race was sweet!!!

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Was at the race tonight. Lots of great action. Nobles was looking hella fast and loose. Graves did a good job pulling people from lane 4 each round.

Main event went Graves first 3/4 of the track, he went inside in the bottom rock garden while Slavik went on the outside smooth berm line. He squeezed Graves low high on the following berm, world champ.

Nicely done by Slavik, a great racer and he never gave up while looking at places to pass. Great night of racing

mgy

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
Morrison
Rained all night and it still raining at Mt. Saint Anne and it is foggy to the bottom of the mountain. The short DH practice today should be interesting.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
re. free in canada.....just fired up the XC race on freecaster and it tells me it's premium but it just started streaming for free, maybe because I'm in Canada and our national broadcaster is streaming it free too?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Here in Montreal ... watching the XC, free for me. Beautiful day here - looks pretty grey and wet there.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
We paid on freecaster with paypal and they haven't sent a code, its been 20 minutes... Anyone know what to do?
It may have gone to your spam inbox...that's what happened when they e-mailed mine. Must have somehow not noticed it was from them since the address is something along the lines of support@freecaster.something.

I contacted them and my code was there instantaneously.:thumb:

Last edited:

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Pinkbike is killing it with the rider interviews recently (as in this week) such a shame that their forums are littered with trolls, the content generated by pinkbike itself is actually pretty good

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Looking at live timing, neko is killing it!

edit: well, really, neko killed it!

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
oh sh1t, his gap narrowed, somebody might catch him, now he's only 18 seconds up on second!