Quantcast

2011 Boxxer WC setup?

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
Anyone got some user tested air settings for me? The recommended levels from SRAM and printed on the fork make my fork feel like garbage*

I'm hoping that it's not just a case of needing to suck it up and "ride faster - the Boxxer is for racing - it's supposed to be sprung stiff".

2010 air pressures shouldn't be useful, as the spring side is completely reworked for 2011.

Your weight as well pls, for reference.

*Garbage means really oversprung and not at all plush. Rebound is super slow and it hasn't even come close to bottom out, which i can usually do with my body weight and a hefty effort.

I can't ride much right now, but i can obssess over the details. Last fork was a 888 WC Ti, and i cry almost every time i see it on the wifes bike.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
How much you weigh would help.

I don't have info on the Boxxer WC specifically, but all the RS air forks I've owned recently suggested way higher pressures than were reasonable. Ignore that ****.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Isn't there a sag indicator on all boxxers? For oversprung just get proper sag. Set mine a bit below 30% and it feels fine.

Commencal-guy

Monkey
Nov 25, 2007
Massachusetts, US of A
For mine I run 70 psi weigh (165lbs), I find the air charts that Rock Shox recommend to be a little soft for my taste. I also run a lot more compression and rebound than they recommend too. But thats by only 2 or 3 clicks more i'd say.