Quantcast

2011 demo 8 ii vs 2011 giant glory 00

ImILL

Chimp
I am in between these two bikes, both are lightly used and I wanted to know which is the better bike and why? I am a new DH rider but I have previous experience with XC and DJing. give me your input thanks

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Both pretty good bikes. The Glory is called to be a bit steep (65,5° if I remember correctly). But once equipped with an agle set it schould pretty good. The demo is indeed a bit slacker and lower, but really fun to ride.
Try to ride both and pull the trigger on which bike you like more.

Or decide if you are a Sam Hill or Danny Hart fanboy.;)

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
Yes, but the chance to smash your pedals in the ground is much higher. Otherwise a low COG has definitely its advantages.
Like I said: Try both!

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
I don't think there are huge differences in the two frames. Are you buying frame only or are you buying completes? If it's two complete builds you are contemplating, I'd say go for the one with the better build. If the builds aren't all that different, get the cheaper one.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Here's the thing, you don't have much to compare it to and will be learning on the bike so it doesn't matter all that much. The Giant has a steeper head angle...doesn't matter, you are coming off an XC bike so it's gonna feel slack. The Demo is low...yep, but again as you learn to ride you will learn to adjust to that.

I would look for condition of the bike, the build of the bike and durability. The Glory should be lighter, the Demo (I feel) has better frame build quality and durability, and both have a good track record on the WC. Go for best condition and price, neither bike will hold you back.

dilzy

Monkey
Sep 7, 2008
Both pretty good bikes. The Glory is called to be a bit steep (65,5° if I remember correctly). But once equipped with an agle set it schould pretty good. The demo is indeed a bit slacker and lower, but really fun to ride.
Try to ride both and pull the trigger on which bike you like more.

Or decide if you are a Sam Hill or Danny Hart fanboy.;)
Yeah there's no fing way you can win with that head angle, I just can't believe that peaty and minnar had a chance when their v10 was 67, impossible really/sarcasm off.

Personally, I'd go Demo, I really don't like the way giants ride, but that's just me.

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
Yeah there's no fing way you can win with that head angle, I just can't believe that peaty and minnar had a chance when their v10 was 67, impossible really/sarcasm off.
not that it really matters but v10's run much more sag than the other bikes so the dynamic geo is about the same.

demo = parkbike, glory = natural terrain bike judging solely by the axle path. get the cheaper one, ride the **** out of it and then you'll know what kind of a bike do you want next.

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
I want it to feel like I can conquer any terrain and run the thing wide open without thinking about the bike.....also the glory is 2800 and the demo is 3450
Buy the Glory, I loved mine. You would also have $650 for parts and travel after the purchase (you'll need it, it's addicting :)

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
+1 on the glory, it will hang up less in the gnar. if you want the ultimate plow bike, see if you can find a canfield f1 jedi or a v10.

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
You completely missed the point. It's a world cup race bike which is also being used to ride some of the biggest "natural" terrain on earth. Not exactly a "park bike."
they ride the bike they are paid the most to ride. take a look at fairclough riding the 223/4 and the demo - the demo is noticeably more nervous in the back.

and what has been said before, either bike will do the op just fine and those guys would still kill it on a 140mm hardtail.