Quantcast

PDS RX

Monkey
Sep 11, 2007
Richmond VA

figured it out, cut up the cups with a band saw. also, it HAS to be cut, the spindle is to big (thats what she said).
and if you could read you would know that one person has given up and another cut the threads, I just didn't know if he meant the bb cup threads or adapter threads, but thank you for telling me to search a tread I have already read you were really useful, and Ithnu thanks but you just gave up, FOXROX did it

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
and if you could read you would know that one person has given up and another cut the threads
Oooo, don't get so angry. I did give you an answer. I didn't mean to sound like the rest of these fart knockers on this website.

I can reads reel goods in stuffs. Your the retuhded one.:D

PDS RX

Monkey
Sep 11, 2007
Richmond VA
Oooo, don't get so angry. I did give you an answer. I didn't mean to sound like the rest of these fart knockers on this website.

I can reads reel goods in stuffs. Your the retuhded one.:D
haha yea sorry just annoyed trying to get these cranks to fit

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Did anybody come up with the solution on how to keep the adapter cups in, the cups have started to back out on both my demos, neither have gotten lock-tite, but apparently that has not worked either, whats the story?

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Did anybody come up with the solution on how to keep the adapter cups in, the cups have started to back out on both my demos, neither have gotten lock-tite, but apparently that has not worked either, whats the story?
If everything is preloaded up correctly theoretically they shouldn't come loose since then the crank arm would have to come loose. However that's the theory, I guess I'll see how mine does once I get a few days on it.

I'm leery about the whole interface, threaded composites are a big no-no. But we'll see.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
New post, new topic...

I talked to Marzocchi and they said their air canister hits the frame and I've seen a Vivid air on one in person.

Anybody know if a Manitou Revox will fit?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Has anyone tried to modify the yoke to fit shocks other than Fox or a Vivid?

Marz said their reservoir hits the frame. I looked at the Revox, and while it clears the frame the eyelet mount by the rebound is too wide for the yoke.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Update here, a Manitou Revox will fit. But it you need to drill the yoke out to fit the larger rebound knob. The Revox eyelets needed to be ground down (they are wider than Fox) to fit the yoke.

Not too much work, but some folks may be hesitant to grind/drill their gear.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
I have had a double barrel on order for over a month. I talked to them yesterday and they said that it won't ship til the end of the month due to a large oem order. And from what we were told at my local shop the double barrel uses the stock shock yoke.

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I have had a double barrel on order for over a month. I talked to them yesterday and they said that it won't ship til the end of the month due to a latge oem order. And from what we were told at my local shop the double barrel uses the stock shock yolk.
Cane Creek has developed an eyelet that works with the stock fox yoke on the demo. Good to go!

ustemuf

Monkey
Apr 8, 2010
Bay Area
I have had a double barrel on order for over a month. I talked to them yesterday and they said that it won't ship til the end of the month due to a large oem order. And from what we were told at my local shop the double barrel uses the stock shock yolk.
I waited around 35-40 days for my CCDB.... i ordered it early may.

it f'n rules!!!!! the stock yoke from specialized works fine.. the CCDB eyelet is specially made.

testing the new CCDB out last weekend:

i like it the most so far out of fox rc4, vivid coil, and vivid air that i've had on this bike.

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
After several days out with my Revox I have to say it's not that far off from the Fox. The adjustments are easier, no tools, so you can tune it by hand on trail. The damping feels very similar, I actually couldn't tell any difference.

The only 2 places I noticed was the rebound on the Revox has a bit more adjustment (I use a slow rebound) so it felt smoother for me and the air chamber adjust really can be noticed when used.

One of my team sponsors is Hayes, so for me the Revox is far cheaper than the Fox. Enough that I can make $$ selling the RC4.

But biased aside it's probably not worth switching the shock out for people who already own it. However if I was choosing between the 2 on a bare frame I'd go Revox, it is a little cheaper retail, the rebound is smoother and the adjustments are easier.

Last edited:

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
ustemuf glad you got your shock. It's just weird that someone across the country got one before I did...I live 2 hours from fletcher NC and work in the bike industry lol. It's all good though I am sure they are crazy busy supplying oem orders so no hard feelings here. Did you have to change your spring rate or did you leave it the same?

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
My CCDB just arrived for my Demo today. Hitting Northstar this weekend.

Anyone have a starting point for the HS/LS Compression and rebound. Anything would be much appreciated. I'm running a 450 spring and Dorado up front.

Thanks!

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Last edited:

92SE-R

piston slapper
Feb 5, 2004
San Diego, CA
Did anyone have an issue with their Gamut top guide rubbing in the top two gears? I don't have any spacers or anything on them. You would think if it was specced from the factory, they wouldn't have these issues. This is on a 2011 Demo 8 I.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
Just got my ccdb today and made 2 runs at sugar. High speed compression at one full turn(everything starting from counterclockwise), high speed rebound at 1 full turn.low speed compression at 2 clicks, low speed rebound at 3 clicks. Spring preload at 1 turn.I am 150 geared up and am running a 300lb spring. Titanium spring is next.Cane Creek settings:

http://www.canecreek.com/manuals/Shock_Instructions/Double_Barrel/2012_Specialized_Demo_8_Recommended_Settings.pdf

How's the CCDB been treating ya? Considering a '12 demo frameset and I always hear about what a PITA CCDB's are to set up..

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
How's the CCDB been treating ya? Considering a '12 demo frameset and I always hear about what a PITA CCDB's are to set up..
I am running mine with the stock settings that cane creek came up with for the double barrel on a Demo, and absolutely love it. I haven't changed a single setting since. Use the base settings that Sugarbrad linked to and you should be good to go.

Sugar_brad

Monkey
Jun 20, 2009
Yeah the stock settings freakin rip! Couldn't be happier.92ser-I assume your frame has a gxp bb/crankset? Did your lbs install the bb for you? There is a chance they left out a spacer. As for the hollowtech cranks 2 spacers drive and 1 non drive allows for the best chainline and your pfbb30 cups won't come loose.

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Has anyone managed to run a single crown, like the 180mm Fox 36? May I know what lower headset cup worked for you?

Found a pic, photoshopped colours, I think.

Last edited:

san_andreas

Chimp
Dec 16, 2010
You must use a "normal" headset with a "normal" external lower headset cup. You need the height of the lower headset cup, so the fork can pass the down tube.

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
I'm sorry, i posted that in a hurry. I forgot to add -

A friend is running a Hope step down headset and a Float 36. He still has clearance issues.

demolist

Chimp
Dec 24, 2011
Just wondering, is it ok to run the top crown of my boxxer directly above the headtube without a spacer?
Will there be an issue as the headtube is rather short and thus the distance between the top and lower crowns would be lesser.

Thanks!