Quantcast
wait... are you for real?
yup, no foolin'. my shop is a large volume Specialized/Trek dealer. they do mostly low-mid pricepoint MTBs and mid-upper price point roadie stuff.

maybe their rep hooked them up and finagled me one.

i seriously wasn't expecting it until feb...at least.

i'm assuming you are still waiting for yours???

Last edited:

10rubkaz

Chimp
Feb 16, 2010
Yes the tank will probably be given to a museum somewhere. Did you see the black Demo? How could I not buy one!
Yeah, I saw it, very nice. I’d love one too, but can’t really run to two DH bikes at the mo. I’m thinking of getting the black enduro to go in the stable. What do you reckon on that? You’ve got one haven’t you?

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
From the sound of this tread i must have been quite lucky, i got mine 8 dec and that is way up in the north of sweden. I have almost started to belive that santa truly does live on the north pole and i must have been super nice during the year. Or maybe it had something to do with me ordering it in the begining of aug.

Havent regretted it for a sec that i went with the demo for instead of a summum, so every one that is waitning just hang in and you will be more than pleased with it when it shows up.

numerik

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
Slovenia, Europe
From the sound of this tread i must have been quite lucky, i got mine 8 dec and that is way up in the north of sweden. I have almost started to belive that santa truly does live on the north pole and i must have been super nice during the year. Or maybe it had something to do with me ordering it in the begining of aug.

Havent regretted it for a sec that i went with the demo for instead of a summum, so every one that is waitning just hang in and you will be more than pleased with it when it shows up.
North of Sweden...so you'll be able to go riding in August?

brian field

Monkey
Feb 5, 2007
Numerik, i see that you are involved with a team that is sponsored by Spec.
Do you know when you will be getting your demo's in Slovenia?
Thanx.

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVIL JN

North of Sweden...so you'll be able to go riding in August?
Seeing as how this winter began it is actually quite possible feels kind of like a new ice age, but if you are hardcore like me you just go to town on the snow with the nearest showel and ride anyway;)

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Do you think that's why you guys haven't gotten yours? Your rep is waiting for ten frames to become available.

According to the guys at my LBS (chain of 4 stores), they are the highest volume specialized dealer east of the rockies...maybe that's why I got mine so quick
Chillin.... I am also pretty sure you paid retail right (from what little I know about you)?

The jokers above (demo and foxrox) didn't. We are also a high-volume Speccy dealer and haven't had any trouble getting frames and or completes for customers who are paying full retail. But our Rep told me point-blank; if its an EP order or a "bro-deal", Specialized told them to bump those orders to the bottom of the list.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
But our Rep told me point-blank; if its an EP order or a "bro-deal", Specialized told them to bump those orders to the bottom of the list.
if its a bro deal through the shop, they are still being sold to the dealer at the same price as if a customer would be paying retail for the frame. what the dealer sells the frame at after they purchased the frame from a manufacturer is there business.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
if its a bro deal through the shop, they are still being sold to the dealer at the same price as if a customer would be paying retail for the frame. what the dealer sells the frame at after they purchased the frame from a manufacturer is there business.
Not the case with specialized. When you EP a Spec bike it essentially bypasses the shop and it's becomes a transaction between Specialized and the shop employee. The shop is just the place it has to be shipped to. And specialized does have a lower profit margin when doing an EP as opposed to a regular shop order. Likewise, it says right on the EP sheet that there have to be a certain # of the frames/bikes in stock before they will ship an EP order. That means for some low volume - high demand bikes or frames they never actually get enough in stock to fulfill EP orders. This has happened to me with other EP orders, Spesh never got enough of one bike to send my EP so I switched to another bike that was consistently available and received it in a week.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Do you think that's why you guys haven't gotten yours? Your rep is waiting for ten frames to become available.

According to the guys at my LBS (chain of 4 stores), they are the highest volume specialized dealer east of the rockies...maybe that's why I got mine so quick
its possible, one came in last week(large-green), and i am in no rush, obviously sooner than later, bcuz who doesnt want a nice shiny new bike, but even if we got in 1-2 at a time, or a real update id be satisfied. I ordered mine in September, and i believe the rest of the team did as well. I would assume we are near the top of the list. Keep hearing the "2 weeks" answers. I couldnt tell u much about the shops volume or whatnot, but from what i hear, its quite large, not 4 chain stores large, but big none the less.

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
Shop just told me late february for my large complete red and white bike. they said that because im a "paid customer" specialized puts it at a higher priority than a shop buying bikes for stock. I dont know though i was hoping to make it to nv state champs or a fontana race in feb and specialized keeps pushing the date back. I was orginally told late november ha! Seeing as i have absolutly no bike right now its making me consider getting a different bike

guiepinto

Chimp
Nov 17, 2009
Brazil
Quick question...
I just got my frame and have a 525x3.00 Ti spring (Obtanium).
My Demo 2011 comes with a 400x3.25...

Can I use my Ti spring, which has a stroke .25 shorter?

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Exactly... But my frame came with a 400x3.25.
So I was wondering if a 525x3.00 from Obtanium would work...
Fox springs aren't labelled with the exact stroke. Your spring is actually a 3" stroke, even though it says otherwise. The big diff is going to be the huge difference in spring weight. Are you big enough for a 525x3?