Quantcast

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
I have a sizing question. Because I never believe any companies sizing compared to mine, what is the Horizontal or middle of the head tube, to middle of the seat tube length? thanks

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Would you mind if I asked how tall are you? I'm 5' 11" on a medium Banshee Spitfire and going by reach measurements, it seems like I might be more comfortable on a small Demo and not the medium, which might end up feeling too long for me.
410mm(SM Demo) vs 404mm(MD Spitfire).

bismojo

Monkey
May 5, 2009
How accurate are those ipad measurements, i would think that its only as accurate as the bike is on flat ground. my house is a little tiled, so while the fork is sittin at 64, its really 65 since teh floor is slanted in its favor. Do you have to set the "ground" before you put it on the fork?
not that accurate, of course, but good enough for my average riding skill :)

if your house is tilted, you got a bigger problem than head angle accuracy mate :rofl:

will do the 180 / tare thing later, but so far it reads close to official specs of my other bikes, so.. i just ride.

BTW i'm about 5'8" (174cm) and rode a small demo 2006, 2007, 2010.. and with the 2011, i found the front end a bit too low so i use 10mm spacer below the upper crown.

Weight is exactly 17 kg (37.5 lbs) with 'not that accurate' digital fish scale : wc, xtr trail, steel spring + minion (ST ust & 3C stans) :thumb:

Feb 14, 2011
Would you mind if I asked how tall are you? I'm 5' 11" on a medium Banshee Spitfire and going by reach measurements, it seems like I might be more comfortable on a small Demo and not the medium, which might end up feeling too long for me.
410mm(SM Demo) vs 404mm(MD Spitfire).
I'm also interested in this as there is nowhere local with a bike to sit on but I have an order in for a medium frame.

Medium Session 88/TR450s are both 391mm reach. I'm 5' 10" and sessions/tr450s I've sat on felt a touch small so am thinking I should change my order to a small Demo?

Thanks for any help.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
I'm also interested in this as there is nowhere local with a bike to sit on but I have an order in for a medium frame.

Medium Session 88/TR450s are both 391mm reach. I'm 5' 10" and sessions/tr450s I've sat on felt a touch small so am thinking I should change my order to a small Demo?

Thanks for any help.
No. If you are 5" 10", you fit a medium. I'm 5" 9", and the small is SMALL when you straddle it. I couldn't imagine what riding Fraser's XS would be like... :shocked:

mullarks

Chimp
May 9, 2008
Agreed. I am 5'10" and ride a med. It feels spot on. I came off of a med. Socom and the Demo's cockpit is definitely smaller than the Socom.
No. If you are 5" 10", you fit a medium. I'm 5" 9", and the small is SMALL when you straddle it. I couldn't imagine what riding Fraser's XS would be like... :shocked:

Feb 14, 2011
:thumb:

Thanks guys, medium it is then.

I thought reach should be consistent across all frames, still don't understand how I can fit a 430mm reach demo 8 and a 390mm TR450/session :confused:. Still guess if it fits it doesn't matter about the numbers.

John

EVIL JN

Monkey
Jul 24, 2009
I am 6'0 and came from a sunday which has the same reach as the tr450 and the 4cm increase is definetly noticeable, but since the stays a pretty short it kind of of sets the longer feeling. On a dh bike fitment isnt the important bit, its how you feel on the bike.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Just got told 'no idea' when my frame will arrive. As long as it turns up before May 24th I'll be happy enough.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Just got told 'no idea' when my frame will arrive. As long as it turns up before May 24th I'll be happy enough.
as with me, but id at least like to know whats going on, why cant we have a demo 8 twitter :D

"off to paint today" "onto a ship for a month"

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Yeah I ordered black too. Oh well good things come....
Not that im ordering one, but are they letting anybody order the black, heard it was extremely limited and chances of getting 1 were pretty slim, of course thats just rumor, but i could see it.

zdubyadubya

Turbo Monkey
Apr 13, 2008
Ellicott City, MD
Not that im ordering one, but are they letting anybody order the black, heard it was extremely limited and chances of getting 1 were pretty slim, of course thats just rumor, but i could see it.
yeah, not sure what these guys shop is telling them that they can "order" a black one. the black frameset doesn't even have a SKU in the dealer site yet. it has a part number for each of the sizes but no way to "place an order" so to speak.

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Up here in Canadia, Specialized Canada is bringing in only a VERY limited number. I got the email from him last week saying the very latest that they'll be off the boat is mid-late May.

huntandride

Chimp
Feb 16, 2009
Reno
Just got my Demo 8 II a couple days ago. I still havent gotten the chance to ride it cause of the snow. How do the stock chain stay and seat stay protectors work? Should i rewrap them in velcro or a tube?

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
@ BOOMSLANG

I ordered a 2011 demo in hopes of being able to run the vivid air at some point soon, but i just got off the phone with specialized and they said that they stopped working on making that an option.

I know you said earlier that the mounts for the vivid air would be available soon is this still true?
I ran the fox rc4 on my 2010 demo and then switched it to the vivid air towards the end of the season and i really don't want to ride the Rc4 again.