Quantcast

2011 Devinci Wilson DH

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
here ya go..a sneaky peak of Devinci's brand new 2011 Wilson DH frame platform - 200mm

moving away from their FSR style suspension, to something brand new, designed in close development with a certain "Mr. D. Weagle" and Devinci's in-house engineers!

more info coming soon...

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
This is going to be a very interesting year, IMO. Honestly, I'm glad DW quit the e13, I think we can expect more news from him.
Curious how they designed the BB-pivot.

Vrock

Linkage Design Blog
Aug 13, 2005
Spain
It's not a Split Pivot, It',s a weird Virtual Pivot.

Edit: Wait, I'm Wrong.... It's a Split Pivot XDDD. Like a Sunn Radikal, with the Rocker arm Concentric to the BB and a Split Pivot in the Rear.

Last edited:

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
here's something else from 2011 lineup

geometry adjustment shuttle on seatstays of the 150mm all-mountain frame

the 2011 Wilson DH frame also has 2 geometry adjustments ;)

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
real thing is coming soon - we get protos, not far off now ;)

3 new frame platforms

100mm XC

150mm All-Mtn

200mm DH (wilson)

Devinci starts 2011 with just these 3 frame platforms to move away from FSR-style suspension (= no more Hectik / Frantik / Ollie / Remix / Moonracer)

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
yeah cause the upper arm is the single pivot, if you wanna isolate the braking forces you have to put it on the seat stay arm, in this case the lower arm. Think of it as the split pivot upside down

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Wonder if this will be sold in the US or was this a move to get the Split Pivot out to market outside of US soil to avoid possible Trek ABP issues?

Honestly curious since who would have thunk that how many years down the road dw version of the split pivot/abp/whatever you want to call it single pivot would end up being implemented on a frame manufacturer that's Canadian and on the smaller side.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
yeah cause the upper arm is the single pivot, if you wanna isolate the braking forces you have to put it on the seat stay arm, in this case the lower arm. Think of it as the split pivot upside down
Or just a floating brake arm that's a structural member.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I was wondering what was up with that too....
Split Pivot's been a LONG time coming but sure seems like it's here in a big way... can't wait to see who else will be using it.
Trek...

Odd that the split-pivot website is dead.

This frame looks pretty good so far...I love active braking, that's one of the biggest letdowns of the revolt for me...besides quality issues that I haven't kept up to date with... Will be interesting to see how that pivot lines up with a chainring...whether it'll be higher or at height. Anyways, looks like a really complete package if it actually sees the light of day.

Has there been any update as to the ABP/Splitpivot battle? DW's website is dead and trek is still selling bikes, but everybody and there mother has a DW licensed somethingorother now...

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Trek...

This frame looks pretty good so far...I love active braking, that's one of the biggest letdowns of the revolt for me...besides quality issues that I haven't kept up to date with... Will be interesting to see how that pivot lines up with a chainring...whether it'll be higher or at height. Anyways, looks like a really complete package if it actually sees the light of day.

Has there been any update as to the ABP/Splitpivot battle? DW's website is dead and trek is still selling bikes, but everybody and there mother has a DW licensed somethingorother now...
it just sucks that Trek and Giant step all over original concepts

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
it just sucks that Specialized steps all over original concepts
we still don't know the results of the lawsuit/agreement between ABP and SP. Supposedly they were developed independently at the same time...will be interesting to see the results.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Sick! Looking forward to this bike... even better, Divinci is local!

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
It's not a Split Pivot, It',s a weird Virtual Pivot.

Edit: Wait, I'm Wrong.... It's a Split Pivot XDDD. Like a Sunn Radikal, with the Rocker arm Concentric to the BB and a Split Pivot in the Rear.
I think Vrock nailed it. This is the first Split Pivot I have seen (concept or otherwise) with a high pivot.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Hmmm, looking at it more closely, the pivot really isn't that much higher above the BB than others, it just initially appears that way because the of the pivot/link sitting below the BB.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
lots of fancy suspension mumbo jumbo talk going on in the DH forum this morning. Too confusing for me, I'm gonna go get some coffee and come back when we are discussing 29lb DH bikes, rootbeer, and moar shimz.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Trek...

Yeah... I was just on the split-pivot dot com site....
What about Spooky?

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
As far as I remember latest DW's words regarding the SplitPivot vs. ABS, he sounded very confident about the SplitPivot future. And I can't remember reading about ABP being patented. Even if both were in patent pending stage, DW may have things set more safely, he has lots of experience with patent business :thumb:.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Got to check this thing out a bit yesterday in person and it is looking good! Has been in development for some time now apparently and Devinci is doing things right, should be an exciting new offering. Seems like there is going to be a slew of awesome new bikes next year (from many manufacturers).