Quantcast

2011 Devinci Wilson DH

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
If it is like previous Devinci frames, it uses a splined adaptor that goes beneath the drive-side BB cup - look at the third pic around the BB.
This is pretty cool. Hopefully it works kind of like a derailleur hanger and is weaker so if something happens, it gets damaged rather than the frame and can be replaced. I am guessing that is part of purpose behind this set up.

There was a pic earlier that showed that there was a flip chip where the seatstays join to the chainstays. Using the mount closest to the front triangle will result in higher BB/steeper head angle, and the opposite for the other mounting point.
Cool, thanks. I noticed all the changes by looking at the specs but couldn't see where they were doing that. Nice feature.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think this is the first DW influenced design that I LOVE. Not a lot of hype, just a damn solid design, an integrated floater, a great pivot location, excellent shock placement, and hideously ugly tubes. Oh well, guess you can't win them all. Would love to see this come in at a pricepoint around 2gs....that would be sweet.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I think this is the first DW influenced design that I LOVE. Not a lot of hype, just a damn solid design, an integrated floater, a great pivot location, excellent shock placement, and hideously ugly tubes. Oh well, guess you can't win them all. Would love to see this come in at a pricepoint around 2gs....that would be sweet.
from article - "SPLIT-PIVOT can be engineered to build lightweight frame structures without resorting to exotic materials or tube shapes."

The operative word in the quote above being "can". ;)

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
You mean that DW himself didn't already think of it? :D
I've been trying to talk anyone who will listen into running splined ISCG tabs since Erick from Devinci first showed me that idea at Taipei show'05! It's a great idea and works like a champ.

The splines on the BB that you see on the non-drive side key the pivot (bb concentric lower link) into the frame.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
DW.... Thanks for chiming in.
Hesitated before posting that.... not back pedaling or anything.... glad that you took that one in stride and like the system as much as I do!

Now... not to derail the thread or anything.... I's loves me some Devinci...but I wanna see me some Spooky with this system too! Meant Split-Piv by that last comment but, heck... a Split Piv Spooky WITH the splined ISCG tabs? Even better!

Last edited:

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
geometry chart said:
Geometry is different for production on the DH bike. Top tubes are all longer by 20-25mm, I don't remember the exact number, but they will be longer.

Dave

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
Now... not to derail the thread or anything.... I's loves me some Devinci...but I wanna see me some Spooky with this system too! Meant Split-Piv by that last comment but, heck... a Split Piv Spooky WITH the splined ISCG tabs? Even better!
Hey don't we all, Mickey just needs to sell about 14000 more track bikes (I'm joking) and get his shop move finished and then hopefully we're off to the races!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Hey don't we all, Mickey just needs to sell about 14000 more track bikes (I'm joking) and get his shop move finished and then hopefully we're off to the races!
Trackbikes! We've had sexy pro riders win fistfulls of races and bags full of dollars and quite a few UCI points on our XC bikes, CX and roadbikes this year fool! On 3 continents! We race what we can afford to build, and the FS bikes aren't on that list yet.

We've now got 2 CNC mills in our possession- Bootstrapping it with bootleg mills is the only way to get it done! For us, it's all about the cashflow- and the spare thousands of dollars we need to run a set of CNC parts has always been the problem. When you need it right, and you need it cheap, ya need to do it yourself! A set of proto machine parts for the ProjectX and Mothership(our 150mm bike) costs about the same as my total paychecks from last year- then again, I own a small bike company, so that's not saying much!

That Devinci looks rad- the geo and suspension differences between their bike and ours will make a great complementary set of EastCoast splitpivot rippers, most definitely.

(!)

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008
So bbh on LO setting is 355mm(14") or 14,2" ? Looks like a typo . Anyway , it looks really good .

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Dumb people ask dumb questions so here goes nothing...

Is the lower link that rotates around the BB to control/manipulate the leverage ratio, wheel path or the suspension curve? Or if none of these what does it add or negate?

Its not on the AM bikes so I'm wondering what advantages it adds to the DH sled.

Thanks.

Vrock

Linkage Design Blog
Aug 13, 2005
Spain
Dumb people ask dumb questions so here goes nothing...

Is the lower link that rotates around the BB to control/manipulate the leverage ratio, wheel path or the suspension curve? Or if none of these what does it add or negate?

Its not on the AM bikes so I'm wondering what advantages it adds to the DH sled.

Thanks.
The lower link control the Leverage ratio, and it does it really well, It has surprised me that the new Devinci is completely different than the Sunn Radical (Progressive-Regresive)... It has a Progressive Ratio (2.95-2.05 Aprox.) but in the last inch of the travel it ramps up even more. It's like a Bottom out Bumper built into the frame.

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Trackbikes! We've had sexy pro riders win fistfulls of races and bags full of dollars and quite a few UCI points on our XC bikes, CX and roadbikes this year fool! On 3 continents! We race what we can afford to build, and the FS bikes aren't on that list yet.

We've now got 2 CNC mills in our possession- Bootstrapping it with bootleg mills is the only way to get it done! For us, it's all about the cashflow- and the spare thousands of dollars we need to run a set of CNC parts has always been the problem. When you need it right, and you need it cheap, ya need to do it yourself! A set of proto machine parts for the ProjectX and Mothership(our 150mm bike) costs about the same as my total paychecks from last year- then again, I own a small bike company, so that's not saying much!

That Devinci looks rad- the geo and suspension differences between their bike and ours will make a great complementary set of EastCoast splitpivot rippers, most definitely.

(!)
Cool.... :thumb:

DarrylB

Monkey
Jan 16, 2008
the secret loam!
Geometry is different for production on the DH bike. Top tubes are all longer by 20-25mm, I don't remember the exact number, but they will be longer.

Dave
This is the best news I have heard about this bike so far. No more handcuffs while riding a large.

Vena

Monkey
Aug 30, 2007
Italy
On the website they say 23.08.11 ... does it means that they will be avaiable for the 2012???

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
On the website they say 23.08.11 ... does it means that they will be avaiable for the 2012???
I'm not sure what that is but I am pretty sure that the bike will be selling in the late fall or winter.