Quantcast

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
We recieved some new DHR's complete with the updated mainframe, here's a pic..

The downtube gusset has a slightly different shape, and there's a small flat gusset on the underside of the top tube. That aught to do the trick for casing dubs with a 63 degree head angle.:D

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Which part was breaking again? I didn't read all the gibberish in the threads.

Has the extra work affected the price at all?

Damn neat looking bike. :D

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
The rear is the same, the whole thing's the same aside from head tube gusset changes/additions. There were a couple that formed cracks near the headtube so they reworked the whole intersection.

I don't work for Turner or represent them, i'm a dealer. I don't know exactly where or how they cracked, and no one posted them, Turner did not exactly say either. No one died or even got their stanctions scratched in the ordeal. Only a handful went out. Turner said they used the wrong gusset material, but they beefed up the whole intersection to be safe. Their test bikes never had the issue. I have customers that rode their original bikes till now and haven't had any problems.

Price has not changed.

Last edited:

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
I think it's a great looking bike but I think they should have used a hydroformed top and downtube with larger interfaces.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I agree about the gussets, they look neat. But how many shimz are used per gusset? Are the shimz on gussets gusseted too?

Dear god it can go on forever...

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
When I saw the title I was kind of hoping that they'd used a huge plate-gusset with a hole through, ala the old Afterburner.

Color me disappointed...