Quantcast

2011 dw dhr size and geometry

dandhr

Chimp
May 18, 2011
Hi I need your help,

I'm interested in getting the new 2011 turner DHR and I don’t know what size to take the M or the S and no one in my county has one that I can ride.

My height is 174 cm I'm now riding a 2009 sort makulu and I find it an inch to big for me. I had in 2006 a M DHR and I found it perfect but the new model uses a different geometry chart and I cant camper them.

What do you think?

heavy metal

Monkey
Mar 31, 2011
HI
Compare the new DHR's reach, stand-over, and wheelbase measurements with the old ones and that will help you get some idea of what size you need.

dandhr

Chimp
May 18, 2011
i coud not find in the old dhr the reach size in the web, i could only find the tt. and in the makulu the reach size (i measured my self) was 15.35 inches

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I definitely wouldn't get a small if I were you. The wheelbases on the new ones are almost the exact same as the old ones.......but the new ones are slacker. Same chainstay... This means the cockpit is smaller. It's actually noticeably so. I went from a medium round tube frame to a medium dw link and the difference in sizing is one of the things I like most about it. I'l also about the same height as you.

The smalls are tiny.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
Definitely a medium, I've ridden the old DHR's (round and square) in medium, and a DW in small... and the DW small is tiny. I'd agree with everyone above, get the medium.

saruti

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
Israel
can you compare the DW turner to the sunday?
size and all?
I dont plan on replacing my sunday,
but I ride with Dan and can let him try my 16" sunday for comparison

thanks