Quantcast

2011 East Coast Downhill schedule

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Pre-registration is now open for the first race of The Vertical Earth Gravity Games. We have a great start to our series with super fun course on upper Blue Route into the new lower Garden State Speedway. $50 gets you registered for open pro, $45 for all others and a lift ticket for both days. We look forward to rolling out the park on opening weekend coming up around the corner. We will have rentals available thru Jamis this year. 3 different models !! We'll get pics and video out shortly of the new trails and jump parks, features, etc. Look forward to great summer with everyone !

2010 Vertical Earth Gravity Games

The VEGG is designed to offer a series where racers can compete in four different gravity disciplines. There are are a total of nine (9) different events featuring five(5) Downhill, three(3) Dual Slalom, One(1) Four Cross, and One(1) Super D races. To compete in the series racers will qualify with at least one Downhill race and any 4 other races. We will take the six(6) best finishes to determine the overall series winners. All races will be equal in value for points.

All races are USAC sanctioned and one day licenses are available.

Schedule:

#1 5/22.23 LeMann’s Start Super D $5,000 Cash/Prizes
#2 6/5.6 Dual Slalom / Downhill
#3 7/24.25 Dual Slalom / Downhill Blue Mountain Fat Tire Festival
#4 9/4.5 Dual Slalom / Downhill
#5 10/2.3 Downhill Gravity East Series Finals
#6 10/16.17 Four Cross
#7 10/30.31 Enduro DH VEGG Finals

Race Fees:

Pro DH $65 (Includes 2 Day Lift Ticket)
Cat 1.2.3 DH $65 (Includes 2 Day Lift Ticket)
Pro DS/4X $45
Cat 1.2.3 DS/4X $40
Super D Open Pro $50 (Includes 2 Day Lift Ticket)

All Pre-Registrants receive 15% off

Over $40,000 in Cash and Prizes

Pro’s Cash Prize Payout M/F

Super D $350/$250/$150
Four Cross $350/$250/$150
Dual Slalom $150/$75/$50
Downhill $250/$150/$75
Fat Tire Festival DH $500/$250/$150
Fat Tire Festival DS $300/$200/$100

Overall Series PAYOUT $500/$350/$150

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
The lifts will be running and all trails open Thursday to Monday, May 20-24, 2010 for this event.
One week and 2 hours from the US Open in NJ

The KHS Bicycle Gravity Open will offer:
$1575 Pro/Elite Purse
UCI Cat 3 Points
Pro/Am Gravity Tour Points - ProGRT Race #2
USAC MTB National Gravity Calendar Series Class 1 Points USAC
2010 Junior World Team Qualifying Race
The Inagural The Eastern States Cup Race –USAC Regional Championship Downhill Series Race #1 Points

KHS Bikes to the fastest Cat1, Cat2, Cat3 Men and combined Cat1/2/3 Women
The four Complete bikes will go to the fastest Cat 1,2,3 Men and the fastest Amateur Woman. These are all top of the line KHS Bicycles with a total value of over $15000

FASTEST AMATEURS
Cat1 Men - KHS Velvet Complete Freeride Bike msrp $2199
Cat2 Men - KHS XCT555 Complete Trail Bike msrp $2199
Cat3 Men - KHS XCT555 Complete Trail Bike msrp $2199
Cat1/2/3 Women - KHS Velvet Complete Freeride Bike msrp $2199

Race Fee’s:
On site Fee’s are $5 more, save and Pre Register at: http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=10876
$45 Cat3(beginner) Top 3 Medals and Prize
$50 Cat2(sport) Top 3 Medals and Cash and Prize ($5/Racer Cash Purse)
$60 Cat1(expert) Top 3 Medals and Cash and Prize ($10/Racer Cash Purse)

Pro Fee Includes Friday Lift Ticket and Saturday Lunch Courtesy
Sicklines.com

Pre Registration Here !!
SAVE TIME & MONEY & PRE-REGISTER! Same day registrations are an additional $5 for all classes.

All Cat 1-2-3 Race Fees Include Saturday AND Sunday Lift Tickets!!!
Thursday, Friday and Monday Lift Tickets are $20 if purchased at time of race registration.

Pit Fee’s:
20x20=$100
20x40=$200
20x60=$300
Reserve spaces early. No e-z ups/tents will be allowed in the top two lots without reserved pit space, NO exceptions. The Reserved pit area will be patrolled day and night throughout the event.
Please contact george@plattekill.com for info/pit space reservations

Camping
The third lot will feature primative camping as usual. Camping will cost $10 per site/night.

The Team Village
Located in the lower grass lot will offer free pit space to teams on a first come first served basis. Parking may be restricted in the team village area so come and set up early.
Special Parking restrictions will be enforced
Water will be available in the Base Lodge.
No Electric will be available. Generators allowed until 10pm.

Practice
Official Course Walk Saturday 7-8 am
Cat1/except JrX 8-11 and 3-6 Saturday and 7-9:30 Sunday
Elite/Pro/JrX 11-3 Saturday and 9:30-11 Sunday
Cat2/Cat3 8-11 Saturday and 7-9:30 Sunday

Triple Chair
Open 12-5 Thursday, 10-5 Friday,and Monday; 7-6 Saturday, 7-race end Sunday
Cat1/Except JrX 8-11 and 4-6 Saturday and 8-10 Sunday
Elite/Pro/JrX 11-4 Saturday and 10-11 Sunday
Cat2/Cat3 8-10 Saturday and 8-10 Sunday

Double Chair
Open 10-5 Saturday and Sunday.
Both courses can be accessed with a short push from the double chair side.

Open Riding
Thursday, Friday and Monday the mountain will be open for riding and the course will be available. Lift tickets will be $20 with race registration or $30 without

Seeding Run:
Mandatory Pro and Junior Cat 1 (JrX) 11:30am

Race:

Cat2-3 12:00pm
Cat1 1:30 pm (Junior Cat 1 will start race last)
Pro 2:30 pm (Junior Pros will start race first)

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
The VEGG is designed to offer a series where racers can compete in four different gravity disciplines. There are are a total of nine (9) different events featuring five(5) Downhill, three(3) Dual Slalom, One(1) Four Cross, and One(1) Super D races. To compete in the series racers will qualify with at least one Downhill race and any 4 other races. We will take the six(6) best finishes to determine the overall series winners. All races will be equal in value for points.
Just to clarify on this...

You said "To compete in the series racers will qualify with at least one Downhill race and any 4 other races"

And then said "We will take the six(6) best finishes to determine the overall series winners."

So you need to do at least 5 races (1 DH, 4 of any other) to qualify for the series, but 6 races will be counted? Just trying to figure out if I need to race 5 or 6 races.

Jul 15, 2009
AllDayinPA
Jerzy you kind of answered your own question. We will take your six best finishes from all of the races. You may drop one if you raced 7 seven races and take your six best finishes. It only takes 5 races to qualify however, and yes, one has to be DH. There are 5 DH races, 3 DS, 1 4X, and 1 Super D.

Hope that helps the cause ! THX :D

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH

Gravity East Series Race #2 at 7 Springs Downhill Event

Save $5.00 with Online registration here:
http://www.BikeReg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=10919

On-Site Registration is $65.00 Pro and Cat 1, 2, 3 $60.00

Please bring USA Cycling License to Registration or a Printed "Authorization to Ride" from: http://www.usacycling.org

Pro and Cat 1 must have a Valid 2010 License, you cannot upgrade on site you can only renew in the same Class/Cat you competed in the year 2009 and your license must reflect that Category. You will need your 2009 License with you to renew onsite.
No upgrades per USAC Rules in Pro or Cat1. Upgrades are only approved through the USA Cycling website.

Registration Info:
No Friday Onsite Registration is available

7 Springs will be open to the Public for Freeriding and course inspection Friday 6/11/10 Lift Service available 10-5pm $29.95 Lift Ticket

7Springs Resort is required to have their liability form completed, so please print out and complete prior to the event and save onsite registration time.
http://www.7springs.com/webImages/pdf/2008 Release #17 Downhill Mountain Bike Release.pdf

Saturday 6/12/10 Onsite Registration 9-4pm

Course Practice 10-4pm

MMR Clinic 8-10am 6/12/10 Course Closed to only walking inspection Online & Onsite Registration of MMR Clinic Available

Sunday Onsite Registrations 8-10:30am 6/13/10

Course Inspection Runs 8-10:00am

Race Start ET is 11:15am

Awards to follow Official Results TBD

$1000.00 Pro Purse

NEMA Contingency Program is also available to earn cash. Check it out http://www.gravityeastseries.com/nema.html

Product Prizing for All Amateur Classes: Provided by Host Resort 7Springs, GES Presenting Sponsor VonCooper.com (Official Video Production Company of the Gravity East Series) also these great supporting Sponsors - e13, Kenda Tires, Hayes Bicycle Group, NEMA, Mad March Racing, Derailed.com, PinlkBike.com, FTW Industries, DHD Race Promotions, SpectraSport PR Services. All Standings, Timing, and Registration managed by "All Sports Events"

Last edited:

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
do we need a usac license for the mt.snow platty series? or is it like diablo series? if we do need one, does that mean we can qualify for nationals at this mtsnow race? hows that work

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
do we need a usac license for the mt.snow platty series? or is it like diablo series? if we do need one, does that mean we can qualify for nationals at this mtsnow race? hows that work
yes, you need a yearly USAC license if you race pro or Cat 1/Expert. you only need a day license if you race Cat 2 or Cat 3

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Just a reminder it is $5.00 less to Pre-reg for the 7 Springs race online and it closes the 10th. Onsite is 5.00 more. So preregister here: http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=10919

All of weekend schedule and race info is just two or three post above, 7 Springs is an awesome venue. Pre-register NOW! Closes Midnight Thursday the 10th of June. Save money and save time (there is a Pre-reg line at 7 springs)

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
Just a reminder it is $5.00 less to Pre-reg for the 7 Springs race online and it closes the 10th. Onsite is 5.00 more. So preregister here: http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=10919

All of weekend schedule and race info is just two or three post above, 7 Springs is an awesome venue. Pre-register NOW! Closes Midnight Thursday the 10th of June. Save money and save time (there is a Pre-reg line at 7 springs)
Done. See you guys there.

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Has anyone heard anything on what's happening with today's race....maybe I'm on the wrong forum, but things are very quiet???
It's because we had all the riders here at 7 Springs......LOL, we had a record for this venue of 223 racers!! Great event and thank you to all the riders and spectators who showed up, Thank You All!! Weather went are way too, what a great event. Race Report ,pics, video coming.....Next stop on the GES PLATTEKILL July 3-4!!

caleb

Chimp
Mar 30, 2010
the only thing i would have to add is the beech mountain us sanciton races this year / lees-mcrea DS races... check the south threads for those dates. and Hawksnest (dirty bird) has its own website.

Trilliamiano

Monkey
Oct 7, 2007
Boone, NC
www.dirtybirddh.com

Calling all racers and freeriders alike from the Dirty South and Beyond!

First race was a huge success, We've got two more on the way at Hawksnest Resort in Seven Devils, NC (just outside of Boone, NC).

August 21-22: Look for a new Pro course and a new intro/am course, both are shaping up nicely Over $1500 total (1st place men is $500 and 1st women is $300, payouts go 5 deep) Pro purse and it's still growing:D

October 30-31: Hawkoween costume downhill race. Fun filled relaxed racing weekend at the bird where each costume clad rider gets a time bonus on their race run. Pro purse is over $1500 for this event as well

Both these races are sponsored by some of the finest bike shops in North Carolina (providing product prizes for all amateur classes) as well as Good Health Natural Foods (more free chips at the race than you can imagine). You can find info on our sponsors on our website posted above

All race info can be found on our website, feel free to e-mail questions to dirtybirddhrace@gmail.com

May 31, 2007
Manchester, NH
Gravity East Series Race # 3 Plattekill Bike Park, Roxbury, NY
Independence Day Weekend!
Friday, July 2 – Monday. July 5

Celebrate Independence Day with the Gravity East Series as it moves north to the mountain that started it all, Plattekill Bike Park in Roxbury NY for Gravity East Series Race # 3 July 2nd, 3rd and 4th

The Gravity East point series is heating up, with a 3 way tie for second place in the men's Pro field between Gavin Vaughan, Jason Memmelaar and Richie Rude all vying for the top spot with Gravity East Series points leader Geritt Beytagh. Fifth place Leif Lorenzen and the rest of the pro men are close behind and all in striking distance. In the Pro women's field it is a battle between Dawn Bourque, Karen Egan and a new rider to the Pro Women's scene Rae Gandolf.

In the amateur fields all the point races are tightening up with the top five spots being all up for grabs in every division. Now that the two mid-Atlantic races are in the books, it could be anybody's series. Everyone gets to drop one race out of the 8 race Gravity East Series. Please check out the Gravity East Series for more series rules and details at http://www.gravityeastseries.com .

Plattekill Bike Park has prepared a long fast and technical course on the famed North side of the mountain. Plattekill Bike Park has been working hard to make 2010 their best season ever. The Bike Park has a new start gate an all new timing system and years of experience to make sure race day runs smoothly. Plattekill gives you plenty of time for free riding on amazing natural terrain. Live results of the race can be found online at
http://www.live-timing.com

The Plattekill bike Park will be open July 2nd - 5th for racing and free riding.
Discounted $20 lift tickets for Friday and Monday each if you have a DH
entry (non racers $30 each day). Pro entry includes free Friday ticket.
A Baked Ziti or Chicken Alfredo dinner will be offered Saturday night.

3. July 2nd - 4th Plattekill Mountain, Roxbury, NY www.plattekill.com
4. July 10th -11th Highland Mountain Bike Park, Northfield, NH www.highlandmountain.com
5. July 31st- Aug.1st Sugarbush Resort, Warren, VT www.sugarbush.com
6. Aug. 14th-15th Killington Resort, Killington, VT www.killington.com
7. Sept. 11th -12th Whiteface Mtn, Wilmington, NY www.downhillmike.com
8. Oct 2nd - 3rd Vertical Earth Gravity Park, Danielsville, PA www.verticalearthpa.com

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I'm excited - this weekend will be my first trip to Plattekill.
Oh boy....lookout! :rolleyes: I kid, I kid! Hey Kona, met you at Massanutten a few years ago - we had the smiley baby. You (and wife) were of course drunk and having a good time in the parking lot. Look for the Elevate Cycles pits - (cracked frame hanging from the EZ up) - I'll bring the beer!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
yea right, that will never happen. Jim will just do the usual, wait until I go for a ride and steal it from my cooler:rant:
HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey!

I only did that once, and it included the brave act of getting Ragdoll to distract your dawg so's I could get to your cooler!

(PS, I will be bringing beer, but no Labatts...OK, I changed my mind- maybe some!)

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Oh boy....lookout! :rolleyes: I kid, I kid! Hey Kona, met you at Massanutten a few years ago - we had the smiley baby. You (and wife) were of course drunk and having a good time in the parking lot. Look for the Elevate Cycles pits - (cracked frame hanging from the EZ up) - I'll bring the beer!
Right on - I'll be in a honda element /w thule box on top. Riding Session 88 with Crank Bro wheelset.

I don't know if I'm going to know anyone there - most of my racing is Snowshoe.

Dhracer3

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
Fletcher NC
I wish it wasn't on July 4th... why do we have to have races on July 4th all the time..? Some of us would like to party with friends and family..

soul-skier

Monkey
May 18, 2009
Mother Nature
I wish it wasn't on July 4th... why do we have to have races on July 4th all the time..? Some of us would like to party with friends and family..
because it is a very sucessful tradition:thumb:

and it's not all the time..........just once a year.:D

This weekend is as close as it gets for me!!! I don't like my "real" family so I have adopted the friendly hearts of Plattekill to fill the void. What a fine job they've done. Rainbows & butterflies.

PS - I'm drunk.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
This weekend is as close as it gets for me!!! I don't like my "real" family so I have adopted the friendly hearts of Plattekill to fill the void. What a fine job they've done. Rainbows & butterflies.

PS - I'm drunk.
mike can be the uncle who likes to touch too much

Last edited:

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
"2011 Snowshoe Race Series

This summer Snowshoe will host the 7th annual Powerade Race Series check back soon for additional details.

June 3-5 Gravity East Race

July 2-3 Powerade Race Series Race #1

July 30-31 Powerade Race Series Race #2

Sept 3-4 Powerade Race Series Race #3"