Quantcast

2011 Fontana Winter Series - Finals

http://wp.me/pa0an-Hw

Photos by: Monique Spaulding

Words by: Quinton Spaulding

XC is always the first event on the schedule to take place early Saturday mornings (which helps before temps get too high).

Joining us this past weekend, was Lance Tueller (iXS_Sports Division U.S. Representitive) along with his wife and son.

The Winter Series also features a Trials Comp - these guys have some serious skills!

darktimbers in the house!

Super D turned out to be a useful tool for Binggeli this Winter season. It helped him gain fitness and rolling speed at Fontana, and it sure paid off big time!!

Binggeli took 5th in Saturday morning's Super D event. He also took 5th overall, (which was well deserved)!

http://www.pinkbike.com (along with other MTB sites), have been covering Fontana with a passion this Winter Series (which is super cool), and Tony Tarumoto (center in this picture) has played a big part in it.

Blake Carney killed the 4X track Saturday afternoon. He blazed the field, and took his first victory at the Winter Series as an Elite rider.

On the podium for KHS!!

Carney giving a shout out to all his sponsors before graciously accepting his final first place overall win!

Carney also solidified the overall points win for the series, earning him a 1st place plaque as well as the number 1 plate in 2012.

Well done Blake!

Sunday is Downhill day... Binggeli on another ripper!!

Logan told me after the race, "I had an awesome run, hitting all my lines with focus and confidence, then I crushed the wall!"

Aiello flat lands the rocks, whilst pushing the limits!

Aiello has "Style for Miles"

Sundays race placed Binggeli in 4th and team-mate Aiello right behind him in 5th (unfortunately Aiello was unable to make the podium pic) but having both KHS Elite Downhill racers on the podium together again and a first for a SHIMANO Winter series was awesome.

Binggeli takes the overall points win! Aiello (unable to make podium pic) also on the podium in the overall points in 5th place. This is a GREAT result for KHS and also the first time that team-mates have podiumed together in the overall at Fontana. This also gives Binggeli and KHS the number 1 plate in the DH for 2012 alongside Blake Carney's number 1 plate in the 4x...quite an achievement!

I had a fairly wild run Sunday... but then again, what DH race run isn't wild?!

For me just staying upright and feeling healthy during a series of race runs is winning on its own.

I managed 3rd in the Vet Pro on the Day.

I also placed 2nd in the overall points standings for the series and captured another podium for KHS.

This was a festive race series as always, and we are all very grateful to the Southridge USA Race family for putting it on!!

Also, thanks to my wife Monique for all her wonderful lifestyle shots from this winter series.

Everybody left a winner at the Winter Series, some got luckier than others winning a set of knee pads supplied by iXS Sports Division

For Complete results please CLICK HERE

THANKS to our sponsors - KENDA Tires, MARZOCCHI Suspension, VELO Saddles, iXS, ODI Grips, SHIMANO Components, KMC Chains, GAMUT Chainguides & CANE CREEK Headsets.

We will be back for the Fontana City National in 3 weeks, looking for more titles!

Until next time,

Q.

Photos by: Monique Spaulding

Words by: Quinton Spaulding

XC is always the first event on the schedule to take place early Saturday mornings (which helps before temps get too high).

Joining us this past weekend, was Lance Tueller (iXS_Sports Division U.S. Representitive) along with his wife and son.

The Winter Series also features a Trials Comp - these guys have some serious skills!

darktimbers in the house!

Super D turned out to be a useful tool for Binggeli this Winter season. It helped him gain fitness and rolling speed at Fontana, and it sure paid off big time!!

Binggeli took 5th in Saturday morning's Super D event. He also took 5th overall, (which was well deserved)!

http://www.pinkbike.com (along with other MTB sites), have been covering Fontana with a passion this Winter Series (which is super cool), and Tony Tarumoto (center in this picture) has played a big part in it.

Blake Carney killed the 4X track Saturday afternoon. He blazed the field, and took his first victory at the Winter Series as an Elite rider.

On the podium for KHS!!

Carney giving a shout out to all his sponsors before graciously accepting his final first place overall win!

Carney also solidified the overall points win for the series, earning him a 1st place plaque as well as the number 1 plate in 2012.

Well done Blake!

Sunday is Downhill day... Binggeli on another ripper!!

Logan told me after the race, "I had an awesome run, hitting all my lines with focus and confidence, then I crushed the wall!"

Aiello flat lands the rocks, whilst pushing the limits!

Aiello has "Style for Miles"

Sundays race placed Binggeli in 4th and team-mate Aiello right behind him in 5th (unfortunately Aiello was unable to make the podium pic) but having both KHS Elite Downhill racers on the podium together again and a first for a SHIMANO Winter series was awesome.

Binggeli takes the overall points win! Aiello (unable to make podium pic) also on the podium in the overall points in 5th place. This is a GREAT result for KHS and also the first time that team-mates have podiumed together in the overall at Fontana. This also gives Binggeli and KHS the number 1 plate in the DH for 2012 alongside Blake Carney's number 1 plate in the 4x...quite an achievement!

I had a fairly wild run Sunday... but then again, what DH race run isn't wild?!

For me just staying upright and feeling healthy during a series of race runs is winning on its own.

I managed 3rd in the Vet Pro on the Day.

I also placed 2nd in the overall points standings for the series and captured another podium for KHS.

This was a festive race series as always, and we are all very grateful to the Southridge USA Race family for putting it on!!

Also, thanks to my wife Monique for all her wonderful lifestyle shots from this winter series.

Everybody left a winner at the Winter Series, some got luckier than others winning a set of knee pads supplied by iXS Sports Division

For Complete results please CLICK HERE

THANKS to our sponsors - KENDA Tires, MARZOCCHI Suspension, VELO Saddles, iXS, ODI Grips, SHIMANO Components, KMC Chains, GAMUT Chainguides & CANE CREEK Headsets.

We will be back for the Fontana City National in 3 weeks, looking for more titles!

Until next time,

Q.