Quantcast

2011 Giant STP

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
SOOO excited about the new dropouts, let us know how they ride, I'd almost entertain buying a new STP frame if the geo is still spot on and the same.

CRF311

Chimp
Jul 9, 2008
Jersey
in just the few times that i've ridden the bike all i can say is wow... i'm very impressed. felt comfy the 1st time i threw a leg over it. today is the day to find out what she's really made of... let you know later

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
May want to upgrade from a QR since your running horizontal, or even the 9mm bolt on kit, i forsee sliding in your future

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
May want to upgrade from a QR since your running horizontal, or even the 9mm bolt on kit, i forsee sliding in your future
there are integrated dropout adjuster/stops that should help with that. but still might not be a bad idea. (then again, it might already be a bolt-on, hard to tell from only being a drive-side shot)

also worth noting is that Giant spec's the bike as an 8 spd.

CRF311

Chimp
Jul 9, 2008
Jersey
already swapped the axle out to a bolt-on... it didnt move at all when it was a QR, but did it regardless.

CRF311

Chimp
Jul 9, 2008
Jersey
ok... i honestly cant remember having this much fun on a bike. day 2 of the bike on dirt. here's some thoughts...

very compliant for an alloy frame... very smooth, not rattling out my fillings. it files straight and manuals very easy (personally not the best at manuals). when thrown into loose high speed berms it just stays put... no drifting outside... glued where ever you aim it. doesn't feel to short (like my mob, sorry adam... we all know im a moto guy) and when kicking it sideways it always seems to straighten out before landing backside... with zero effort. there was this crazy tight pump triple that everyone was "double in single out" but this stp could suck up the 1st roll without killing all the momentum and easily double out. (the only one doing it smooth at least). not bad for an old guy who hasn't ridden a DJ bike in a couple of years...

Manumitir

Chimp
Oct 25, 2010
Hello, I'm interested in buying exactly this Giant STP 1. The thing is that I'm having a really tough time finding it here in Mexico, so I thought I would get it send over from the States. But, in order for the shipping company to give me an estimate of the cost of the importation, I need to know the weight and measures of the box (or package) it comes in, and if it comes assembled in a single box or in parts in more than one package...
Could you please help me with this information? I would very much appreciate it!
Also, if you could recommend some good stores where I can buy it, it would really help me a lot!

THANKS!!

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
ok... i honestly cant remember having this much fun on a bike. day 2 of the bike on dirt. here's some thoughts...

very compliant for an alloy frame... very smooth, not rattling out my fillings. it files straight and manuals very easy (personally not the best at manuals). when thrown into loose high speed berms it just stays put... no drifting outside... glued where ever you aim it. doesn't feel to short (like my mob, sorry adam... we all know im a moto guy) and when kicking it sideways it always seems to straighten out before landing backside... with zero effort. there was this crazy tight pump triple that everyone was "double in single out" but this stp could suck up the 1st roll without killing all the momentum and easily double out. (the only one doing it smooth at least). not bad for an old guy who hasn't ridden a DJ bike in a couple of years...
glad to hear you like it, nice to see one floating around, thought those bikes dropped off the face of the earth