Quantcast

2011 Jedi Build Thread and Reviews

Killingtonvt

Monkey
Sep 19, 2005
Bellingham, WA
I wanted to start a build thread for all of us to showcase our builds in one place, offer build tips and post of reviews of our new steeds.

Build:
11 Jedi Small, Raw with white links
11 Marz 888 Evo Ti
Avy Woodie
Pewter King Hubs, White Spank Rims, DT Double Butted spokes, 2050 grams
11 Codes with Carbon Goodridge Lines
Chromag Bars
E thirteen Cranks
Speshi Butchers
Time Z Control Pedals
40.02 lbs

Build Tips:
To install/remove the shock you will need to drop the rear end by removing the upper link and slide the shock in from the front. If you are rocking a small like me, you may need to remove the spring, slide the shock in and reinstall the spring from the rear. (Funny story on this… I was trying to figure out how to fit the shock in as it would not fit, when my phone rang. I picked up and it was Lance. He said, “so, I figured you’d be building your bike right now and I bet you are trying to figure how to mount your Avy.”) THAT’S CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Cranks/BB and Guide
E*Thirteen Cranks - 1 BB spacer on drive side and zero on non drive.
I mounted to guide direct to the tabs, no washers

Chain
I run a full range 11-34 for the occasions where I have to pedal my little beast. 1- Sram 991 chain, 2 links removed.

Review:
So, it’s no secret that I drink the Canfield Kool Aid. This is my sixth Canfield over the past 5 seasons, (I’ve owned the Formula 1, Balance, Lucky, 08 Jedi, 09 Jedi and now the 11 Jedi.) I really like the way rearward arc performs for my riding style. I’m admittedly a bit of a hack, but I like to ride fast and hit BIG jumps. The suspension platform SWALLOWS rocks and adds transitions to landings, (this has saved my ass on more than one occasion).

I really loved my last 2 Jedi’s, however there was a few things I would have liked the bike to do better. I struggled cornering the bike at times, would have like it to be a bit slacker and also would have like to bike to be a bit more progressive to help prevent harsh bottom-outs. The new bike has answered all of this and more.

I just returned from opening day at Diablo and have 1 SICK, long day on the new bike under my belt. Immediately, I felt a HUGE difference with the Jedi’s cornering ability with the dropped BB height and shorter stays. By the end of the day I was smashing berms on Alpine for the first time in my life. The slightly more progressive rate and added travel really brought the bike to life when jumping. I worked with Craig at Avy on this to really nail my tune. I wanted something that would keep the bike super smooth through really nasty stuff, yet remain really lively as I love to pop off everything I can find. He nailed it, the bike is LIVELY!!! (With my Small/Avy combination I can only run the upper, most linear shock mount).

As you can guess I am blown away with my new ride and am SUPER STOKED to see where this beast takes me this year. I ride Diablo, Highland, Bromont and Killington frequently, if you see me, be sure to say hi!

Vin

Attachments

Last edited:

Limy

Chimp
Jul 16, 2007
Very nice build Vin.

I will take some pics and post up in the next couple of days but Ive had just over a week on mine now and it really is an amazing bike. Current rear spring is a little light and therefore blows through travel little more than it should but new one should be here any day now (hopefully by the weekend in time for first race). Will come back and give a more in depth review when I've got it all set up correctly but i have to agree with the above review that Bike corners and jumps better than any bike I have tried.

Build:
Med 2011 Jedi in Raw with black linkages & white decals
Avy woodie shock (Can only run it in 8.1 or 8.3 travel setting)
Boxer RC's with Avy advantage cart
E13 cranks (one spacer drive +2 none drive side)
Hope Pro 2 hubs on 729 rims
Avid Juicy 7 brake with straightline leavers
Wicked Will 2.5 tyres

No idea on weight and not too fussed.

Truly is an amazing bike. Thanks to Canfield and to Simon at Progressive bikes (UK distributor).

Last edited:

ramstein-dh

Chimp
Feb 18, 2011
WOW! I can only dream of ever owning a bike of this calibre.

Very nice builds , can't wait to see pics of yours matt