Quantcast

2011 NFL Thread

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Patriots aren't going to make it far into the playoffs this year. Their secondary has too many holes in it.

Obligitory Packers win-loss comment.

The Packers played ok yesterday. :D

Pats fans should not worry too much about their defense. The NFL nowadays is geared towards offense and lots of points. I strong defense isn't as important as it was 5-10 years ago especially when the offense can drop points like the Patriots can.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Pats fans should not worry too much about their defense. The NFL nowadays is geared towards offense and lots of points. I strong defense isn't as important as it was 5-10 years ago especially when the offense can drop points like the Patriots can.
That's all well and good, but if every time Brady gets on the field and marches down to the end zone, the defense lets the opposing team do the same, it's time to worry a little.

All it takes is the offense being a little out of sync - which they were in some parts of yesterday's game - and then you don't have a defense that can step up and help out. There were some BIG holes in the zone yesterday, with receivers being 5 yards or more off the nearest defender(s).

Of course, with Gronkowski, all things are possible. In Gronkowski We Trust. :D

Dude is a monster. I wish I could keep running with 2-3 defensive backs hanging off me.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
That's all well and good, but if every time Brady gets on the field and marches down to the end zone, the defense lets the opposing team do the same, it's time to worry a little.

All it takes is the offense being a little out of sync - which they were in some parts of yesterday's game - and then you don't have a defense that can step up and help out. There were some BIG holes in the zone yesterday, with receivers being 5 yards or more off the nearest defender(s).

Of course, with Gronkowski, all things are possible. In Gronkowski We Trust. :D

Dude is a monster. I wish I could keep running with 2-3 defensive backs hanging off me.
The Colts won their Super Bowl four years ago with a historically bad defense. Personally, I couldn't give two farts if the Pats lose the rest of their games, but their bad defense doesn't really concern me as a football fan. Come playoff time, their defense will just need to hold it together well enough so that Tom Brady's 35 points will be enough.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
The Bills disappointed their fans with a humiliating loss... AGAIN! Our only touchdown of the game was made by our defense recovering a fumble in the end zone. At this time every year I ask myself "Why am I a Bills fan? Why?"

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
great, another hit to our offense :mad:

what a dumb POS

Apparently, Chicago Bears receiver Sam Hurd's close personal proximity to Tim Tebow last Sunday in the Bears' overtime loss to the Denver Broncos did nothing to clean up Hurd's act. As reported by many sources, but perhaps in the most up-to-date fashion by Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times, Hurd was busted on Wednesday by undercover Homeland Security agents after attempting to set up regular purchases of marijuana and cocaine to expand a drug sale system that he already had going..........

According to Jensen's reports, Hurd met with an undercover Homeland Security agent on Wednesday and attempted to set up a system by which he would purchase 5-10 kilograms of cocaine and 1,000 pounds of marijuana per week to distribute in Chicago. Here's the real kicker — according to the complaint, Hurd said that he was already distributing four kilos of cocaine per week in the greater Chicago area with a co-conspirator, but that this amount wasn't enough.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Bears-WR-Sam-Hurd-busted-by-federal-agents-in-on?urn=nfl-wp13964

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
"our" offense? Are you in/from Chicago? What part?

ps: dump POS, I totally agree.

no, just been a Bears my whole life. i guess it has to do with my father being friends with the McCaskey family from when he lived there and from his old job

Aug 23, 2011
And James Harrison was out and Big Ben was playing like trash. O-line is such as weekness, Starks could not handle the speed at all. 49ers are good but I think the Stillers are alot better then they showed tonight..Still wish I was down there to make the game! But there goes homefeild advantage..sheee

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I was at Ralph Wilson Stadium yesterday... what an excellent Christmas present!

That looked like a 5-0 Bills team. Tebow screwed up some, yes, but coverage was tight, the O-line stayed in their lanes to keep him in the pocket, and the defense made good plays on the ball.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I was at Ralph Wilson Stadium yesterday... what an excellent Christmas present!

That looked like a 5-0 Bills team. Tebow screwed up some, yes, but coverage was tight, the O-line stayed in their lanes to keep him in the pocket, and the defense made good plays on the ball.
I'm soooo jealous, that must have been an awesome game to be at. The game was blacked out so couldn't watch the Bills whomp the Donkeys.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Sum it all up, Patriots are the #1 seed in AFC.
The Denver Tebows stumbled into the playoffs.
Cowboys are crying while polishing up the golf clubs.
Packers same old same old.
49ers: Looked good, now to see how they fair against more of an equal Team.
Rex Ryan is still a total douchebag who has still to back his words up.
Atlanta: Is scary.
Saints: Better hope Drew Brees doesn't get hurt against Detroit.
Lions & Texans: The world must be ending they made the playoffs.
Ravens: Which team will show up in their playoff game.
Steelers: Better heal up fast.
Giants: Just extended their season by a week.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hmmn 49ers 13-3, Havent heard anyone calling for Jed Yorks head on a platter this year. Harbaugh and his coaches did one hell of a job with this team. Now lets see if they can win on Jan 14th.

Raiders: the comittment to mediocrity continues

Last edited:

daisycutter

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2006
New York City
Sum it all up,
Atlanta: Is scary.
Saints: Better hope Drew Brees doesn't get hurt against Detroit.

Last week the Saint blew out the Falcons. Check out the Saints over the past five weeks. That team is scary. Any team that loses its quarterback is in for a hard time just ask the Bears.