Quantcast

2011 Pan Am Champs Applications???

Hey Everyone,
Looking for some information, thought someone on here with USAC links might have some answers...

Does anyone know, when petition forms for 2011 Pan Am champs need to be submitted by, and how USAC would like petitions to be submitted this year? A link or PDF for the submission procedure would be greatly appreciated!

The only information on the USAC website that I can find for 2011 Pan Am champs only talks about XC, and the dates in their paper work are really screwy... It talks about the event being Jun 5-15, which doesn't line up with the dates I've seen (March 29-April 3? And that the selection being announced August 15th (Either way after the event).
Here is the PDF from the USAC website...
https://www.usacycling.org/forms/selection/2011-PAG-MTB-M-Selection-SIGNED.PDF

The event is scheduled for March 29th - April 3. Here is the PDF from the Columbian federation website.
http://www.cccm.org.co/Html/conv2011marzo29eng.pdf

Any help would or leads would be great thanks!

theBigHeezy

Chimp
Oct 23, 2006
Salt Lake $hitty, UT
I had the same problem last year, only it was the 2010 Continental Champs and USAC only had a 2009 world cup petition form. I emailed Gullickson i believe, and he said just use the old petition form. But as i see now on the USA Cycling site, there is no petition form anymore. So best to email or call Gullickson. I might still have the 09 form on my comp at home, i will check.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Mike,

Here's the current form:

https://www.usacycling.org/forms/discretionary_athlete_nomination.php?org=mtb

DH will be April 1-3 in Chia-Cundinamarca-Colombia

For everything else call Marc Gullickson at USAC

After the fiasco last year, I wonder if USAC will be supporting 4x/dh racers at this event. Honestly,I wouldn't waste money on this event again, unless you don't have a way to get enought UCI points or a chance for the discrecianary nomination to race world cups.

If you do go realize, the odds will be stacked against you by the locals.

Thanks for the form George!

Figure it never hurts to petition and keep the options open...

I've got some local friends in the area down there as well, so would probably be a pretty epic trip with or without USAC support!

Definitely the locals have the edge on this event for many reasons, but I enjoy that kind of challenge those types of experiences and think that I could be of a lot of help to any other US riders involved as well. I feel quite at home winging it with minimal resources... And if all else fails I'd get to see Columbia!
Hoping for a nomination!

Mike,

Here's the current form:

https://www.usacycling.org/forms/discretionary_athlete_nomination.php?org=mtb

DH will be April 1-3 in Chia-Cundinamarca-Colombia

For everything else call Marc Gullickson at USAC

After the fiasco last year, I wonder if USAC will be supporting 4x/dh racers at this event. Honestly,I wouldn't waste money on this event again, unless you don't have a way to get enought UCI points or a chance for the discrecianary nomination to race world cups.

If you do go realize, the odds will be stacked against you by the locals.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
My advice to anyone thinking of petritioning.

Find out airfare and team costs from Marc Gullickson before before petitioning.
Do NOT petition unless you will commit if selected.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
From what my buddy said, who went the last 2 seasons "it was a great experience and you get awarded enough UCI points for top 20 - rather than top 5 at a U.S. qualifier." I think the expenses did get a little ridiculous. Just do all your homework on baggage fees and weights, the airlines are just looking for an excuse to bend you over. Especially if they know you can't back out of your trip!

Last edited:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
you get awarded enough UCI points for top 20
ummm NO, you really shouldn't post up info without kow the facts. The point breakdowns for the Continental Champs are located on the UCI website. Try checking it first next time.

And what the hell is a U.S. Qualifier. No doubt a figment of your imagination. There are different Classes of UCI races. But a U.S. Qualifier:rofl:

Tell Ethan I said hi:thumb:

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
From the info he gave me he got enough points to qualify for WC from a top 20 there.
And yes I am aware that there are different levels of UCI races, that is the point.
Excuse my lack of lingo but, the "U.S. qualifiers" I was referring to are the UCI races in the U.S. that would qualify you for the World Cup. No I haven't checked the official points and my stats were a little sarcastic but, am I wrong or does the Pan Am games give you more points than a Pro GRT or other UCI race in the U.S.
Hope I got all the lingo right that time, didn't mean to throw anyone in the wrong direction but, I know you have to about be on the podium at a U.S. UCI race to get enough points to qualify for a WC.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
You are really all over the place.

Check the UCI website for point breakdowns. There are different classes of UCI inscribed races. The US has different classes of UCI inscribed races in 2010. The ProGRt has different classes of UCI inscribed races in 2010. Not all UCI inscribed races DH are ProGRts. Not all ProGRTs are UCI inscribed. The UCI World Cups require a certain amount of points to register. Countries are allowed a certain number of discretionary entries for World Cups. Continental Championships offer more UCI points than any UCI inscribed races except for World Cups and World Championships.

Last edited: