10/9 Columbus Day Race

5/1 Work weekend

Eastern States Cup Schedule coming VERY soon. :thumb:

Last edited:

PArider29

Monkey
Jan 20, 2010
back to NC
Looks good and its nice to see some East coast race dates ..... made me forget about the impending snow for about 10 seconds.

Oh and how about a forced upgrade for all 2010 Series winners? cat 2 & 3

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
JimMac: 5 races all part of the Eastern States Cup

PARider: All races are USAC sanctioned, we must abide by their move-up rules.

SuspectDevice: Friday - Mondays, Thats the plan. We're looking for an xc and a ds promoter/coordinator to add to those weekends to create a few mini-festivals (hint hint)

Sikocycles: Agreed 100% but it's almost a much fun in the winter esp this one.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Labatts does not taste good coming back up on you when you're headed back up as well!:rofl:
Too bad you weren't at mount snow for the ds a couple years back. Dual Elimation. I decided I'd do one beer per run, figuring I'd last 2 runs. The guys I was racing against were faster than me but kept on wiping out. I ended up 4th after 10 runs in an hour and a half. It took me a while to find my bike for the last one. Fast Freddie was pissed, such fun.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Too bad you weren't at mount snow for the ds a couple years back. Dual Elimation. I decided I'd do one beer per run, figuring I'd last 2 runs. The guys I was racing against were faster than me but kept on wiping out. I ended up 4th after 10 runs in an hour and a half. It took me a while to find my bike for the last one. Fast Freddie was pissed, such fun.
If I had a Labatt for every time I heard this story...

Richie Vegas

Chimp
Aug 23, 2007
A short track DS race sounds awesome. Throw in some jumps and tech and it would be like a multi lap BMX race. You guys might be onto something.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
A short track DS race sounds awesome. Throw in some jumps and tech and it would be like a multi lap BMX race. You guys might be onto something.
:lighten:

We'll be open Friday - Monday for all the Race Events except the first race.

For the Pro Grt we'll be open at least from Wednesday - Monday/Tuesday

Short Track DS, Saturday check.

Mass Start DH (SuperD), after the DH on Sunday ?????

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
:lighten:

We'll be open Friday - Monday for all the Race Events except the first race.

For the Pro Grt we'll be open at least from Wednesday - Monday/Tuesday

Short Track DS, Saturday check.

Mass Start DH (SuperD), after the DH on Sunday ?????
chinese downhill on one of the ski trails??? :D

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
I'll take a look at the XC calender to see if anything fits.
Either way I'll put together a flat-track shortrack race for DS bikes.
I remember in the mid 90's they used to have a race called the Roost Master Shoot Out, I think they even had Budweiser as the title sponsor and it was a short track XC climb with a DS type track on the way down. I think they did heat races and the top 2 moved on just like 4-cross today. I want to say it was a 5 lap race. The course looked like each lap was about a 1/4 mile.

Not sure all DHers would be into the climb but if you could level it out this could be real fun. No timing needed so cost is kept minimal.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I remember in the mid 90's they used to have a race called the Roost Master Shoot Out, I think they even had Budweiser as the title sponsor and it was a short track XC climb with a DS type track on the way down. I think they did heat races and the top 2 moved on just like 4-cross today. I want to say it was a 5 lap race. The course looked like each lap was about a 1/4 mile.

Not sure all DHers would be into the climb but if you could level it out this could be real fun. No timing needed so cost is kept minimal.
That is the exact idea.
Not just because I sponsor a rider that would no doubt give Ben Moody, who'd be the obvious winner of such an event a run for his money.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That would be awesome fun. A "trailbike" race, utilizing the lower mountain and multiple laps. You could use the old "DS/mtx/whatever the hell it was" course, then climb back up and across and hit up the lower GES course on the double side, then back up. People could sit right by the lower lift and watch from two angles.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Schedule is now set and official. We are really stoked on the schedule and being part of the PROGRT, The Eastern States Cup and being one of three venues in the USA to offer UCI points.

Eastern States Schedule is upcoming shortly. The Eastern States Cup will feature more venuse and more value.

It's going to be a good year, a very good year. We also have an event or two to be announced later.

So what else do you guys want?

12-24 hour DH race?
Flat Track DS?
Night DH Race?
Old School Grass DS?
Kamakazie DH?
Something else?
XC ?
24 hour xc/dh?

Last edited:

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
what are your thoughts on the team dh?

Grass DH would be the mass start race down the ski trails...sound like fun? It was at one of the ESC Mount Snow races. I'd like to see if we can work this into every Plattekill Race Date.
Actually meant grassy DS, but, that sounds good too. Diablo did a team DH back a few years ago, i partook in it, i thought it was fun, its a nice idea, and i thought pretty competitive. Grab your buddies and challenge the other "groups" I liked it, however, they never did it again, so maybe i was alone on that.