Quantcast

2011 Specialized Sx Trail

jwray

Chimp
Oct 1, 2009
Does anyone on here have any ride time on the new sx? Also wondering if anyone has put a boxxer or any other dual crown fork on it, if so howd it change the feel of the bike and any problems.
Thanks for any input..

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Those bikes are very very good. The AC of the 180 single crown they're specced with will be pretty close to a 200mm DC fork so static numbers should be pretty close. Just keep in mind you've got an extra inch of dive on the front once you start riding.

They're really fun bikes on the right trails but they're still not a modern dh bike....not always a bad thing though. Also be aware that specialized may not honor a warranty claim with a DC fork.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
not to derail this horrible but does any one else feel putting the longer travel fork on it defeated the point of the sx trail?
Yup :D

Honestly though, something like a WC boxxer isn't heavy and it IS stiffer than a stretched out 180mm 36. Unless you're all about overly clicked tables, x-ups and barspins, why not? Not everyone has gnarly dh trails that kind of demand a full blown dh bike. I might do it to get more responsive steering but that would be it.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
not to derail this horrible but does any one else feel putting the longer travel fork on it defeated the point of the sx trail?
An SX trail with a dual crown is lighter than a full blown DH bike, easier to pedal home and can handle quite a range of trails.

Jan 10, 2009
After I broke my Shocker last July, slapped my Fox 40 on the SX and got 9th in the Garbo. Sickest, baddest bike out there. no problems riding it, she ripped it up. I wouldn't ride the bike like that all year at Whistlehoar, you will blow her up big time (i.e rear shock)...

I have a new Demo feels the same (Geo, wheelbase, BB), but still love riding the SX.....best bike I have ever ridden.... ever.....

Stick with the 180mm Fox... on the front..... plenty of punch

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
i got to ride my buddies with a totem, built up to ~32lbs. it felt nimble as a thimble. definitely too short and twitchy to be a true DH bike, but it gobbled up everything in its path regardless.