Quantcast

2011: the best shows i saw

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
I just did the rough math...over the last 12 months I saw at least 66 different shows, not including three festivals that had at least 30 acts at each. I think that total is down a bit from 2010, but it's still well over 200 different performances that I shot (I also saw a couple that i didn't shoot, most notably Wilco's show at CitiWang as that venue's restrictions on photography suck (positioned way back on one side of the room), only to find out later that photographers were allowed far wing access at the stage). As such, a top 30 list seems reasonable, as that's about the top 15% and i saw a LOT of great shows this year that didn't make the cut.

rather than clogging the thread w/ a ton of photos (and i kept getting 'over quota' messages on just the single one I finally managed to upload, after un-checking that box), click on the photo below to see what I selected.

hmm....maybe i can't embed a link into a photo, now that the photos are being uploaded and stored? BV, what's the deal here? the code looks fine.

anyway, here's a direct link:
http://www.tinnitus-photography.com/shows.php?id=3

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had tickets in hand to see Neko Case on three different occasions and something always got ****ed up and was never able to make it.

Edit: one of those shows was with MMJ. FML.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pretty cool thanks... I save a lot of money by letting you see them for me. Thanks again....

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Dropkick Murphys and the Tossers, Pomona Ca. Mainly because it was the only show I saw. Something about being deployed for the first 3 months, then spending the next 3 months prepping a move, then the following 3 settling in to new digs...I gotta pick up my game...

Sweet pics, as always!